Thread: Mining Depth?

Young

Mining Depth?

I Have noticed the Genesis Rookie Finder (L) has a depth of aprox 90 to 104.
    The Ziplex Z1 Seeker has a depth of 162 to 204.

Does that mean they scan from the surface to that depth range, or just within that depth range?

2. Sponsored Links
    If you check the Item Info for a finder, you'll see it shows the average depth of find.

Your average depth will increase as your professional level increases, until you reach the maximum average depth for that finder.

For the Genesis Rookie Finder (L) that's at 104.5m average depth, and for the Ziplex Z1 Seeker it's 204m.

In my experience, mining finders will generally search within about +/- 200m of that average depth. (Disclaimer: I mostly use a Z1, F105 or F106, I've not tried many of the L finders)

I've never bothered to analyse the depths of all my finds, but I suspect that if I did, it would turn out there is a bell curve around the finder's average depth, with around 95% of finds within 200m of that.

Quote Originally Posted by EdG View Post
    I Have noticed the Genesis Rookie Finder (L) has a depth of aprox 90 to 104.
    The Ziplex Z1 Seeker has a depth of 162 to 204.

Does that mean they scan from the surface to that depth range, or just within that depth range?
    Deeper finder hardly scan for shallow claims anymore - which is a good thing, because shallow claims are mostly low markup ores.

Some miners use shallow and advanced finders interchangeably, but i have never seen a point in that, as it has no real effect on the TT return.

What might be important to you is that if a deep finder reports "no claim", a shallow finder will find nothing there either - and vice versa. So it's not like you "miss out on shallow claims" - see it like this: there is no ground anyway, it's all pixels, hence mining doesn't have to follow the rules of logic to the same degree as in real life.
    Not a single fuck shall be given today