Worth Coming Back? (Can an old dog learn new tricks?)

First off....Hello everybody!!!!

Alright now to the boring shit....

So it has been MANY MANY MANY Years since I have even considered looking up what has been going on with this game, but ultimately, the time has come.

I Actively played Entropia Universe (when I started it was still Project Entropia) from the years of 2003 - 2006. Within that time span I had only spent AT MOST $120 USD and still was managing to have a lot of fun playing the game (I was young so what was fun to me then might not be fun to me now) I remember when NEVERDIE first purchased Treasure Island (or whatever it was called) after his long time girlfriend and gamer partner passed away. I remember sweating my way along right outside Port Atlantis to purchase my first Rifle and start poppin chickens . Shooting Robots and expecting big loot. Getting my first full set of Nemesis Armor, envying over the members of cK (Coat Killers) and their full sets of Shadow Armor and bad ass black coats that would only appear from the waist down. Boxing matches inside the rings at some small towns. THE ONLY PLANET was Calypso and still everyone managed to have a great time. Shooting Atrox Queens at the Oil Rig. When the first space ship pieces started to drop and people started purchasing hangers, and you were lucky to be put on the guest list and go inside and check it out. I left when people started going to space, things got too expensive (for me at least, I was still quite young....) and I just couldn't afford to play

What I'm asking now, is it worth coming back? I'm Older now, I know things have changed, a turkey sandwich that costs 5 PEC then may now cost 5 PED.....I wouldn't even understand all of the new armor, weapons, limited weapons and what not, but I fell in love with them game once before, I'm sure I could do it again

So, can an old dog learn new tricks? Can someone who enjoyed it so much then get the same fun out of it now if not more, or is the game truly dying

Thanks guys, your NooB but not sooooo NooB friend - Dosh

btw, I was with Fiend Without A Face when they first began up until I quit, if any of you old heads arent ToOoOoOoO burnt out and remember

2. Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by dreadi_dosh View Post

So it has been MANY MANY MANY Years since I have even considered looking up what has been going on with this game, but ultimately, the time has come.

I Actively played Entropia Universe (when I started it was still Project Entropia) from the years of 2003 - 2006. Within that time span I had only spent AT MOST $120 USD and still was managing to have a lot of fun playing the game (I was young so what was fun to me then might not be fun to me now) I remember when NEVERDIE first purchased Treasure Island (or whatever it was called) after his long time girlfriend and gamer partner passed away. I remember sweating my way along right outside Port Atlantis to purchase my first Rifle and start poppin chickens . Shooting Robots and expecting big loot. Getting my first full set of Nemesis Armor, envying over the members of cK (Coat Killers) and their full sets of Shadow Armor and bad ass black coats that would only appear from the waist down. Boxing matches inside the rings at some small towns. THE ONLY PLANET was Calypso and still everyone managed to have a great time. Shooting Atrox Queens at the Oil Rig. When the first space ship pieces started to drop and people started purchasing hangers, and you were lucky to be put on the guest list and go inside and check it out. I left when people started going to space, things got too expensive (for me at least, I was still quite young....) and I just couldn't afford to play

What I'm asking now, is it worth coming back? I'm Older now, I know things have changed, a turkey sandwich that costs 5 PEC then may now cost 5 PED.....I wouldn't even understand all of the new armor, weapons, limited weapons and what not, but I fell in love with them game once before, I'm sure I could do it again

So, can an old dog learn new tricks? Can someone who enjoyed it so much then get the same fun out of it now if not more, or is the game truly dying

btw, I was with Fiend Without A Face when they first began up until I quit, if any of you old heads arent ToOoOoOoO burnt out and remember
    Well just check it out. For sure more has changed since back then than it is worth to list here. Some things for the better, some things maybe for the worse. It depends on what the aspects were which were fun to you.

Anyway i can say for sure a lot of stuff has been added and it is still great fun for me.

Just download and check out if it is still something which is fun for you.

Welcome back
    BR

Hatchling
    Quote Originally Posted by dreadi_dosh View Post

$120/day? i don't remember spending that much but a month yeah.LOL but i just came back after 4 years of hiatus and it seems still the same old entropia but the loots now is much "controlled" than before, other than that i see no difference except now u have quest to earn skills and items. But still thinking to be uber again, then prob need to deposit more peds.

Quote Originally Posted by Pi Pi View Post
    $120/day? i don't remember spending that much but a month yeah.LOL but i just came back after 4 years of hiatus and it seems still the same old entropia but the loots now is much "controlled" than before, other than that i see no difference except now u have quest to earn skills and items. But still thinking to be uber again, then prob need to deposit more peds.
    ahahaha nah man I had only spent $120 in the 3 years that I played. But I'm already back in the game and skilling up like the old days.

Hatchling
    the early days $120 peds can really play long time......

Hatchling

Smile I'm coming back

I am returning to Entropia Universe after many years away. I went "away" due to the software for EU being upgraded and my steam and coal powered computer couldn't handle the whole thing. I have now ordered a refurbished machine that seem to have the spec that is needed to handle the medium specifications. better graphics, better dual core technology in the CPUs, good DDR3 ram and all that jazz.

I think that being older is a good thing. you can think more about strategy, how to reach with the other players more when you are older and how to build a reputation that an actually be good.

Also when I first played I confess I was in debt and i was looking for a quick financial fix to get me out of some really tight scrapes. (I know, desperation can even lead you to play an MMO LOL), but I am no longer under that burden and I am sure that if I did want to use EU in the same way as before I would have more fun.

But as far as using EU to make money, I have more experience in business and have gained more understanding about speculation. i also have a few more to spend on purchasing items that might increase in value and am more savvy.

So i now see myself as a trader / investor / game player, still starting out small, and hoping to build up over the years and then to see how things go.

I am interested in the ores / refined metals markets, one off items, BPs, crafting materials markets and weaponry. Possibly a few other markets might take my fancy with the passage of time, but i am, once I have received the new computer and got it set up, installed EU and have spent a bit more time re-researching the markets prior to putting skin in the game. i am pretty excited about this now.

Nick