Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    Hatchling
    Joined
    Jul 02 2013
    Posts
    1
    I've had the same issue. I've downloaded several times and downloaded the DirectX9. I got in and made changes to my character and then it crashed.

    Why does it take an hour to download each time you launch the game? Does everyone start the game go have something to eat, do some stuff around the house, then sit down to play later?? It's crazy!

    Please help

    Marali

  2. Sponsored Links
  3. #12
    Hatchling
    Joined
    Jul 31 2013
    Posts
    1

    same here but...

    i play for a liitle and crashes thats it and its impossible to play!!!!

  4. #13
    Old Alpha Nor Alien's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 02 2010
    Location
    Constant state of flux!!
    Posts
    856
    Is it the same problem as the original poster? If so, try disabling the sound in the client loader and run again. Let us know what happens.

  5. #14
    Young Starburst's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 01 2012
    Posts
    12
    I don't suppose either of you guys that said Entropia was crashing on you are running Windows 8 and running the Entropia Tracker client in the background are you? Just curious because I would swear Entropia Tracker is doing something in the background that seems to be the culprit. When I shut it down, I don't seem to crash as often anyway.

    But to tell you the truth, I think running just about any larger process in the background could potentially mess with the Entropia client since I have experienced similar problems just running an app in the background to play AHR or Noramadie Radio.

    I found out that even when I ran the uninstall Entropia Tracker still showed up as a startup process, so I had to manually go into Task Manager and disable it. I'm not crashing nearly as often now, so it must have something to do with it even though it is only supposed to be reading the chat.log file according to a user over on Planet Arkadia Forum. I tried to find a way to contact Starfinder at Entropia Life to let them know with no response, but maybe you guys would have better luck with that.

  6. #15
    Alpha wizzszz's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 01 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    572
    Quote Originally Posted by Starburst View Post
    I don't suppose either of you guys that said Entropia was crashing on you are running Windows 8 and running the Entropia Tracker client in the background are you? Just curious because I would swear Entropia Tracker is doing something in the background that seems to be the culprit. When I shut it down, I don't seem to crash as often anyway.
    Every running process is "doing something".

    But that you crash less when you don't run it is nothing but (treacherous) gut feeling.

    Unless you are very low on RAM and ET eats up much of it, it will hardly cause more crashes - all it does is monitoring a text file, it does not interact with the EU process or it's resources in any way.
    Not a single fuck shall be given today

  7. #16
    Young Starburst's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 01 2012
    Posts
    12
    Well, I know it isn't RAM. I have 10GB, so I am certain that is plenty. Also, I am not the only person saying the client crashes on them and sometimes frequently. I have spoken with other folks who say they have trouble keeping the client running at times as well, so if it isn't Entropia Tracker possibly causing the issue, which as you pointed out, it is doubtful it is, then the only thing I can think of is that Entropia client's coding clashes with something inside Windows 8. However, there are a number of people saying that they are running it fine with Windows 8.

    Once you have done the most you can do as far as updating all drivers and such, what is a person to do. And if you say, submit a support ticket, I'm sure the answer will not be, "Sure, we'll get right on it," but will most likely be, "sorry, but it isn't compatible and you are simply out-of-luck" which leaves me to figure out why it is crashing on my own which so far, the only variable I have that others running it on Windows 8 may not have is Entropia Tracker.

    I wonder if the problem is that the two programs are trying to access the file simultaneously. Of course it would seem that as long as one of them isn't updating the file it wouldn't cause a problem. Let's face the simple truth here. We really don't know exactly what Entropia Tracker is doing in the background (because we didn't write the program) that could involve the client in some way. After all, the Tracker has to be able to tell exactly when someone types in "Selling:" and does it inside the Trade channel. It would be distinctly possible that even if it is only reading the file it could still be demanding full access without needing it and denying the Entropia client write access.

    In my Entropia Tracker error.log text file I get the following (which as been abbreviated):


    System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[System.ServiceModel.ExceptionDetail]: Transaction (Process ID 83) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction. (Fault Detail is equal to An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Transaction (Process ID 83) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.


    This lends credence to my suspicion don't you think. It appears the two programs are trying to access the file at the same time, and that, in this case, the Tracker client was on the losing end. Now, if persay, the Entropia client were on the losing end, it would make sense that it is crashing it would it not?

    By the way, when someone says it seems like the client crashes less when Entropia Tracker is not running then when it is, it wouldn't exactly be a smart troubleshooting move to simply discount it because you think they are being treacherous. What it means is, at least to that person, it appears to them that the client is crashing less, and for the record it is considerably less. My goal in all of this is just to ask Starfinder if he/she could have a look at it and see if it is possible that the Tracker could be clashing with the client. After all, you don't get errors about deadlocking without a "clash" somewhere.

    I wasn't trying to describe a gut feeling. I was describing a span in time between crashes, and so far, I've been able to play uninterrupted since I disabled the Tracker. It hasn't crashed period. Should I find that it is continuing to crash in the future I will update this post. I would, however, like to run the Tracker, but as long as it is possibly the problem I can't. Could I be wrong? Sure. But that would be up to Starfinder to discover or discount. Sorry if I ruffled anyone's feathers.

  8. #17
    Provider
    Joined
    Nov 08 2010
    Posts
    143
    Not to go too far off OP but...

    EntropiaLife (Entropiatracker) reads your session's chat log. Depending on what it parses in the log it may do one of:
    - take a screen shot of the active window
    - contact the entropialife webservice to pass information to it.

    It doesn't need to interact with the EU client to do any of this. Which is good cos that can get you banned.

    The error you report is a sql exception. SQL is not used to read the chat log. The EU client has no SQL components that I have seen. My conclusion is that the deadlock is being reported from the the EntropiaLife webservice which does use SQL to work with data on the website. Your webservice call is failing owing to a deadlock encountered at the website.

    None of that has any impact on the EU client.

    Regards,
    KikkiJikki

  9. #18
    Alpha wizzszz's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 01 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    572
    Quote Originally Posted by Starburst View Post
    Well, I know it isn't RAM. I have 10GB, so I am certain that is plenty. Also, I am not the only person saying the client crashes on them and sometimes frequently. I have spoken with other folks who say they have trouble keeping the client running at times as well, so if it isn't Entropia Tracker possibly causing the issue, which as you pointed out, it is doubtful it is, then the only thing I can think of is that Entropia client's coding clashes with something inside Windows 8. However, there are a number of people saying that they are running it fine with Windows 8.
    10 GB are more than enough.

    The EU client crashes a lot on other operating systems, too - this is not your fault, nor microsofts fault. It is simply a big pile of dung, code-wise, because MA tries to save money on outsourcing the coding to low wage countries.

    And "low wage" more than often means "low quality", and the coders MA chose are more than inept.
    (even already fixed bugs resurface after a couple of VUs...)

    Quote Originally Posted by Starburst View Post
    Once you have done the most you can do as far as updating all drivers and such, what is a person to do. And if you say, submit a support ticket, I'm sure the answer will not be, "Sure, we'll get right on it," but will most likely be, "sorry, but it isn't compatible and you are simply out-of-luck" which leaves me to figure out why it is crashing on my own which so far, the only variable I have that others running it on Windows 8 may not have is Entropia Tracker..
    MA has no idea why their shit crashes all the time - nor do their coders.
    Or they would FIX it.

    What other answer do you think one can expect... than a lame C&P excuse?

    That ET is "the only variable" is almost as unlikely as running the lottery:
    no two installations of Windows are the same, different hardware, different driver updates, different system updates, modified system parts by installed 3rd party software, ...

    You might want to try to downgrade your gfx card driver to an older version though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Starburst View Post
    I wonder if the problem is that the two programs are trying to access the file simultaneously. Of course it would seem that as long as one of them isn't updating the file it wouldn't cause a problem. Let's face the simple truth here. We really don't know exactly what Entropia Tracker is doing in the background (because we didn't write the program) that could involve the client in some way. After all, the Tracker has to be able to tell exactly when someone types in "Selling:" and does it inside the Trade channel. It would be distinctly possible that even if it is only reading the file it could still be demanding full access without needing it and denying the Entropia client write access.
    Windows allows you to access files simultaneously, unless one process requests exclusive access - that's not the problem here.
    Actually, major parts of the OS are code that is designed to enable sharing of resources.


    Quote Originally Posted by Starburst View Post
    In my Entropia Tracker error.log text file I get the following (which as been abbreviated):
    Basically KikkiJikki explained it already.

    I am not sure if Starfinder meanwhile changed the tracker to write to the database directly, but there shouldn't be any sql error messages in there.
    It is, however, indeed a sign of bad application design that this happens (apparently) frequently.

    Those errors should have no relevance to other processes (namely the EU process) though, as the database resides on the ET server and the deadlock occured there.
    (well, nobody really knows why there is an sql database involved anyway, except starfinder himself, but i doubt ET creates a local sql database)
    Not a single fuck shall be given today

  10. #19
    Young Starburst's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 01 2012
    Posts
    12
    I gotcha. I must have done something right because it seems to be working atm. Fingers crossed...I just found it suspicious that I had disabled the Tracker about the time it started working. Oh well.

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •