Young

Red face Is there really any need to track what was mined where?

In my BRIEF experience mining, if I find a certain ore at a certain spot and make a note of it, when I return to that spot (either the next day or several days later) I find a different ore in that area, or no ore at all.

So, my question is... what are the mechanics of ore spawns? Does the same thing frequently spawn it the same spot? Infrequently? Hardly ever?

Would it not be just as good to simply run a certain pattern in each of your preferred mining areas and be happy with what you get, instead of trying to go back to that same hill you found iron in, in hopes of finding iron again?

Thanks for helping this mining noob.

2. Sponsored Links
    Using an analogy with hunting, because at least you can see creatures:-

Minerals 'spawn' in much the same way as creatures
    . The same creature type will spawn in the same area. eg - if you want to hunt Cornundacauda, you can find them S of Camp Caravan.
    . However, a creature will not spawn on exactly the same coordinates every time.
    . Also, spawns often consist of more than one type of creature. eg that Cornundacauda spawn also has Atrax in it.

Keeping records of your finds means you have some idea of what mix of minerals may be found in a general area. As your experience grows, you'll probably want to target particular minerals with higher than average markups (and these can change, it's not always the same ones). Your records will let you know which areas are more likely to have those particular minerals, rather than running around and dropping randomly.

Young
    Thanks...
    Now to develop a decent method for logging my finds...

I have an excel spreadsheet, but that adds so much time to my mining, may have another try at LittleBigMiningLog.

Young
    Quote Originally Posted by Serica View Post
    Using an analogy with hunting, because at least you can see creatures:-

Minerals 'spawn' in much the same way as creatures
    . The same creature type will spawn in the same area. eg - if you want to hunt Cornundacauda, you can find them S of Camp Caravan.
    . However, a creature will not spawn on exactly the same coordinates every time.
    . Also, spawns often consist of more than one type of creature. eg that Cornundacauda spawn also has Atrax in it.

Keeping records of your finds means you have some idea of what mix of minerals may be found in a general area. As your experience grows, you'll probably want to target particular minerals with higher than average markups (and these can change, it's not always the same ones). Your records will let you know which areas are more likely to have those particular minerals, rather than running around and dropping randomly.
    Too bad when I'm digging up a claim, half a dozen other claims don't ninja spawn on top of me like what happens when I hunt.

Hatchling

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Ape Drape View Post
    Too bad when I'm digging up a claim, half a dozen other claims don't ninja spawn on top of me like what happens when I hunt.
    HAHA...that would be way to cool

7. 11-12-2016, 12:41