Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JSeven View Post
    If depositing money is not possible, the usual options are to gather sweat from mobs and sell to other players for peds (around 2 ped or a bit less for 1000 sweat) or walk, not run, and look for special fruits and stones to spawn near you. These can also be sold to other players. A new addition now is to hunt the puny mobs around Camp Icarus and try to loot bone samples to sell. Getting a mentor and joining a society can also be good ideas.

Good luck, you need patience to succeed in EU.
    Awesome reply!

2. Sponsored Links
    Hatchling
    You can try getting a mentor to help/inform you of the game and what types of activities your lvl of player is capable of. If you do get one, try to make sure they are usually on at the same time as yo9urself. Getting a mentor whos on for 20 mins of the day when your on wont do you much good. Also if you do stay in the game, join a society, they are a great way to get info and join in activities, even if your just healing a higher lvl player for the decay and possible tips from a good hit, its skills and possibly ped.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutter View Post
    I don't really appreciate your tone Spawn, it sounds to me like you are putting words into my mouth. Falsities that I hadn't even uttered.

I never once said I couldn't bear to 'work' my way in the game.

Not only that, but you 'assume' that I want spoon feeding information about 'how to make ped' and this too is far from the truth of it!

I came here because the forum of any specific game 'even moreso the NOOBS section' seemed the best place to come and ask my questions!

I wondered if I was missing something, or if I was doing something wrong. Hence my post.

I also, dont think it unreasonable to want to play for a few days/week for free to see if I like something, it certainly doesn't warrant a reply that begins.

'Go elsewhere'

I am a grafter in real life, and a grafter when it comes to any of my online lives too! I am not afraid to learn. I would appreciate some courtesy when using the appropriate channels to find out information!

As for everyone else, thank you for your input, I will certainly look into what I have been told.

Who knows I may see you all on the inside one day soon.

Thanks,

Kutter
    My tone is a response to your tone:

Thanks for your help JSeven, heres my thoughts...

I have played nowhere NEAR enough of the game to start putting money into it.

I play MMO's, I always have.. Back in the day of subscription, I subed

Then came F2P and I paid for things in the various shops... I am not.. I repeat NOT adverse to spending money to play a game.

But when the 'requirement' to do so comes so quickly, I'm afraid it has put me off quite badly.

I will try your suggestions JSeven, thank you for those... But if I cant play this game for a few days/maybe even 1 week for 'free' to see if I like it.. Then I'll go elsewhere.

Thanks,

Kutter
    I'm not putting words in your mouth, you are.. by stating that if you cant play this game for a few days for free you'll go elsewhere...
    So I'm not assuming anything, merely responding to the words you say.

this game is not for free. period. it either requires a lot of your time and devotion going along the free path of existence, working for other players, or it requires to deposit some money. Either way it will not be easy, not by a long shot.

Suggestions made in this thread by others will help you find your way, but you will first have to realise what I wrote above and come to terms with it.
    If you have accepted that, then I'd be more than willing to help you out as a mentor. check my offer in the below link:

http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...camp-mentoring

Hatchling
    well i came back as a noob after stopped playing for 4years.
    (had my moments of few consider uber loots then and a very very short-lived ATH that lasted for 2 weeks.lol but i quitted because of job and family commitment)
    it's not impossible to play without deposit any money, it just very time consuming and you probably lost interests and discouraging from all those global and hall of fame you see every seconds.
    give yourself a week period without deposit by sweating and earn peds or just simply deposit a small amount like what you usually pay to play other games and try before giving up.

Poon Pi Pi aka Tiffany Coco Wong(previous acc)

As other have said, it is very hard to make it in this game without depositing a little bit of cash (Not IMPOSSIBLE, but very difficult and will require many hours of sweating which is very time consuming.) My suggestion, sweat for a week or two, find someone who will buy it off of you regularly, earn enough ped to buy a good training gun with low ammo burn, and start shooting Puny Mobs. If you enjoy the game, wanna take it to the next level, deposit $15-$20, be careful with your money and see how far you can go. It is very easy to dump a lot of money into this game and blow it all on expensive stuff and then go broke, so start small and work your way up, do research on weapons and armor through this forum and others (planetcalypsoforum, entropedia, etc.) There are a few videos on YouTube that can give you hints as to hunting/mining Eco.

When I originally started playing in 2003 (this was LOOONNNGGGG before space and multiple planets and mentoring, n00b tutorials and all these other things they have implemented) a well established player at the time told me this "You need a little fortune to make a fortune."
    Pretty much telling me I needed to deposit some money if I wanted to further excel within the virtual universe.

Goodluck!!!!

You should be careful when considering advices from people who haven't played the game for years.

A lot of things have changed and a lot of strategies that worked fine for years are simply no longer feasible.

That someone played a week in 200x doesn't make him (or her) a veteran nor an expert for the game - especially not for nowadays watered-down version of entropia.
    Not a single fuck shall be given today

Quote Originally Posted by wizzszz View Post
    You should be careful when considering advices from people who haven't played the game for years.

A lot of things have changed and a lot of strategies that worked fine for years are simply no longer feasible.

That someone played a week in 200x doesn't make him (or her) a veteran nor an expert for the game - especially not for nowadays watered-down version of entropia.

Nore did I ever once say I was a "veteran" of the game. I am simply stating, it is very difficult to make it very far in the game without putting a little money in the game, it is not IMPOSSIBLE, but it will take much more time then if you put a bit of money in, do your research, buy a proper gun to skill with and don't go blow it all on stupid stuff, you can make it somewhere in this game. It doesn't happen over night, it will not be easy, but if your SMART with your PED and and not foolish, you stand a chance.

Is this good enough for your, Wizzszz??? since you have once again blessed us with your insightful knowledge.

Lets look at some of the things I said, shall we?

"Be careful with your money."

"It is very easy to dump a lot of money into this game and blow it all on expensive stuff and then go broke, so start small and work your way up, do research on weapons and armor through this forum and others (planetcalypsoforum, entropedia, etc.) "

".....sweat for a week or two, find someone who will buy it off of you regularly, earn enough ped to buy a good training gun with low ammo burn, and start shooting Puny Mobs."

lets look at what you said.....shall we?

"Deposit money?!"

good advice sir, as I gave him a few pointers to try and get ahead. what did you do?
    Last edited by dreadi_dosh; 07-27-2013 at 00:22.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd0cMzRhxJQ[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by dreadi_dosh View Post
    Is this good enough for your, Wizzszz???
    And wtf is your problem yet again?

I don't think something i said is factually incorrect or otherwise inappropriate, is it?

But well, "If the cap fits, wear it" they say - you must be really proud of your measly advices when you call to arms so hastily on every potential insinuation...

It looks like your daily dose of midol is a bit too small...
    Not a single fuck shall be given today

Quote Originally Posted by wizzszz View Post
    And wtf is your

It looks like your daily dose of midol is a bit too small...

Nope, I took just the right amount actually, thanks for checking in though Doc.

I have still yet too see you give this player any GOOD advice as to getting ahead in Entropia Universe.

I've just seen you act like a Wise-Ass.

When you're really not even that wise...

You're just an ass.

I've met Urinal-Cakes that had better advice to give then you have so far.

Oh well, as they say "Some peoples children ......."
    Last edited by dreadi_dosh; 07-28-2013 at 15:00.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast