Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Self-Requested Deactivation

Exclamation When will MA respond to Community?

If info provided on the Calypso forum is correct, it's been approximately 6 days and counting that participants of EU have been continually harassed by Pirates in Space exploiting the Privateer and MS summons feature.

Unsuspecting players are added to ship guest lists and sent multiple summons to board the ships, only to be taken into lootable PvP and killed for their loot. New players especially have little if no knowledge of how space works, let alone enough knowledge of game mechanics to be aware of, or employ reasonable decision making to ensure their safety.

To date, this community has heard nothing from MindArk, but an update was shared via an Admin of the Arkadia Forum (Snape) on 7/31/13 as follows:

Quote Originally Posted by Snape View Post
    Last night, I had it on good authority that this is now being looked into by a "senior" person at MA and that said person "does not like what this player is upto one bit".
    Well, we're not happy about it either, and everyone is doing their best to warn others by every means possible.

However, we would like an official statement from MindArk as to what measures are being put into place to stop this egregious behavior from continuing. If communication remains silent, it is only going to make it worse.

Please respond ... thank you.

2. Sponsored Links
    Old

Thumbs Up Just to make it clear...

... that MS9 is not alone - while I have made no comment in the threads on either PCF or ArkadiaForum, I am watching both, and suspect there are many more like me who are very interested to hear what MA have to say in an official capacity on this sort of thing.

So please take her request for information seriously.
    It matters more than you may realise.

This makes ppl feel insecure

Insecure down on the planet, not in space = insecure in general, anywhere in the game.
    If u feel insecure, u are unlikely to trust your money to this environment.

Means, EU's bleeding money right now. Not good.

Me and some of my friends have no problems with pontentially dangerous situations, but as an old MMO player i have learned that ppl like us are insignificant minority in any MMOs, and even more so in EU.

Hatchling
    Dear MA,

I am concerned enough about the pirate summoning exploit to actually register for this forum.

As a 10 year player all I can say is:

1. This business of having support respond with "you clicked accept, there went your peds" is bullshit. You are seriously undermining any confidence people have in MA.

2. Does anyone in a decision making position actually login to EU? If so, it would be obvious that having the uninvited summons to PVP space pop up in exactly the same spot as a tt trade confirmation and auction confirmation is a disaster waiting to happen. Travelling from one planet to another in PVP space is a choice. Getting sucked into PVP space by accidentally clicking a single button is alarming.

3. This issue has been ongoing for a week now. When are you going to communicate with with the community? When are the exploiters going to be banned?

4. I belong to Soldiers of Fortune, one of the founding societies on Calyspo. The pirate exploit is the topic of discussion quite often. Long time players are talking about "taking a break" until this exploit is solved.

5. When Goldy or Windy login and start summoning people, the "shark in the water" warnings start in soc chat and local chat.

Here's my point: MA may consider the "pirate summons exploit" to be the "system is working as designed" and have support send out glib "you clicked accept" responses to people who were exploited by this "feature", but the community as a whole considers this to be a blatant exploit and expect to see the perps banned and the exploit fixed.

Clicking on the EULA every time we login does NOT mean we find this exploit to be acceptable. Clicking on the EULA will not make people deposit.

I love EU and have for a long time but I will not accept being stripped of my assets by accidentally clicking a single box that pops up in the middle of my screen.

Hatchling
    MindArk,

Please give us a response soon to these posts.

In case you missed the exact tactics, here they are.

Many people were involved in the add to MS/privateer guest list/summons to space/kill/loot tactics that have been happening for a while now.

Basically, here is how it would happen generally.

Someone on planet would watch advertiser of warp flights, as soon as anyone would approach the advertiser, the person on planet would send message to ship owner, who then added players name to guest list of ship, then allowing them to summon player to their ship. Unsuspecting player gets summons about the time they have paid for flight, thinks the summons is for the warp they paid for, accepts summons, ends up on a ship they never approved to be added to it's guest list due to your bad implementation/coding. The ship they are summoned to only has a tiny bit of health on it and several quads are waiting for the word from ship owner that players have accepted their summons and to blow up the ship. Quads shoot ship one or two times, kill the unsuspecting players in space, and loot them.

Let us know as soon as possible if you feel these tactics are fair play so I can them make my decision on whether or not to continue playing this game.

Thank you.

MA is on holiday.
    Bjorn|Mindark why no response? Please take a leaf out the Arkadia studios book and communicate with us. We only get pissy when there I silence. This company fails completely when it comes to public relations. Why is it so hard?
    Starfinder XXI: PM me to book a flight!
    Buying: Umbranoid Paste Pot
    Metal flows through my veins!

Insert info here MA!

Hatchling

Arrow Customer contact is an important part of doing business.

As a new player of EU I've downgraded myself to "potential" new player... After 1 day playing I logged off when this 'summon abuse panic' broke out, and went looking for information from MA to see what was going on, and what was being done.
    Needless to say I haven't logged back in (yet?); as there is zero public (official) reaction from MA to their trusted player base.
    It is hard to trust (let alone deposit/invest) in a company that can't seem to manage the basic customer contact.
    I've asked EU players if this was general behavior here. And apparently it's so common that most aren't even surprised about it anymore.

It's understandable that changes/corrections/disciplinary actions take time, but keeping the communication lines to your customers open doesn't cost much: certainly not as much as it's costing to play the silent game.
    So as part of the demographic you are targeting, I'd have to wholeheartedly agree with the OP.

Dominant
    MindArk needs to change their extended summer vacation policy. As proven this year, it makes the game too vulnerable to exploits. The scammers/hackers have a year to prepare for next year's vacation... what will they attempt then?

Maybe it's time to part ways with Sweden's laid back vacation style and join the rest of the modern world in having year-round support, or of course, you may also consider closing EU during the summer if your vacation is that critical.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Stockton View Post
    MindArk needs to change their extended summer vacation policy. As proven this year, it makes the game too vulnerable to exploits. The scammers/hackers have a year to prepare for next year's vacation... what will they attempt then?

Maybe it's time to part ways with Sweden's laid back vacation style and join the rest of the modern world in having year-round support, or of course, you may also consider closing EU during the summer if your vacation is that critical.
    I agree with the no staff or reduced staff in summer is not a good thing. Maybe a rotating staff where there is always someone in control and still able to launch minor updates or fixes when needed.

The best policy would be to not have the exploit happen at all, so a fix in the code would be more desirable.

As for the vacation in Sweden, I believe it's mandatory for them by the government, iirc, but don't quote me on this.

Here is something I found about the vacation practices of Sweden. Seems that most take their vacations in the early part of July, so sounds like a good place to visit in summer.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/20/wo...6705.html?_r=0
    Last edited by Nor Alien; 08-05-2013 at 19:37.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast