Mature

Next Island - dead?

hi everyone,

I was on NI and wondering why quests are so buggy. There are also not much player there.

Is that planet dead?

I am just wondering because it is still possible to pay ped there. If devs sleep I suggest to create a QA-team and check progress.

No progress = No peds anymore

2. Sponsored Links
    Provider
    Yes, NI is dead. It's been dead for, about a year now I think; maybe 2; not sure as I haven't paid much attention to NI since it died. Apparently, the idea of NI was far too great for it's development team to realize and they went under financially so was forced to abandon it and give up ownership of it to, I think MA. But, MA has stated that it has far more important things to work on (which it does such as many big bugs and etc. that they are slow to fix yet) than focusing on continuing to build up NI so NI is in a state of limbo right now where you can still visit it and play around with what is on it (since the planet itself hasn't been exploded yet) but it's not being built up anymore as there is no-one to build on it.

Quote Originally Posted by FlorencioNineWind View Post
    Yes, NI is dead. It's been dead for, about a year now I think; maybe 2; not sure as I haven't paid much attention to NI since it died. Apparently, the idea of NI was far too great for it's development team to realize and they went under financially so was forced to abandon it and give up ownership of it to, I think MA. But, MA has stated that it has far more important things to work on (which it does such as many big bugs and etc. that they are slow to fix yet) than focusing on continuing to build up NI so NI is in a state of limbo right now where you can still visit it and play around with what is on it (since the planet itself hasn't been exploded yet) but it's not being built up anymore as there is no-one to build on it.
    NI isn't dead, the owner still ownes it (David Post), but he stopped developing it. He didn't run out of money, he just lost interest in the idea of Entropia Universe. Hopefully one day someone will buy it from him or MA will take it over, but it hasn't happened yet. Until then, nothing is being fixed or developed on NI.

Mature
    Hi,
    can't believe what I am reading here...no interests? seriously? And still watching people paying PED for bugged and unsolved content, or what?

That's ridiculous, I don't undestand how MA can justify this mess to their playerbase.

QA asleep? Is there any??

I suggest to take back the rights from those people and turn the planet into an open source project for the community instead, or somebody who seriously has interests to do his work.

As said, under that circumstances I recommend to stop paying any peds on that planet:

no achievement = no peds anymore

Players should think about asking their peds back they wasted on this planet form MA - it can't be that you invest into broken quest chains that nobody is willing to fix.

Ridiculous.

Provider
    Quote Originally Posted by Nor Alien View Post
    NI isn't dead, the owner still ownes it (David Post), but he stopped developing it. He didn't run out of money, he just lost interest in the idea of Entropia Universe. Hopefully one day someone will buy it from him or MA will take it over, but it hasn't happened yet. Until then, nothing is being fixed or developed on NI.
    Ah, apparently I miss-heard. Thanks for the correction. I guess NI is more in a comma then than completely dead.

Self-Requested Deactivation
    David Post (CEO) is still in control of Next Island, but as most know in the community, released his staff all on the same day (which was very small btw), and now, unless someone comes along with a big chunk of change and wants to invest time and money to bring Next Island current and fix the bugs, we're going to be stuck with the planet "as is" for at least a few more years, and I think it has something to do with the PP agreement - unfortunately.

I agree though, that something, somehow should be done so that people who go there aren't wasting their peds on broken missions (especially newbies), and items and materials that don't have value as before to contribute to any type of economy growth.

I've heard there's chat about it at MA, but not sure what direction it's headed, or if anything is going to be done about it, except let it sit there as is. After all, for anyone who spends peds there, both MA and the PP benefit, which I feel is unfair when there's no development and no interaction from those in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by MindStar9 View Post
    David Post (CEO) is still in control of Next Island, but as most know in the community, released his staff all on the same day (which was very small btw), and now, unless someone comes along with a big chunk of change and wants to invest time and money to bring Next Island current and fix the bugs, we're going to be stuck with the planet "as is" for at least a few more years, and I think it has something to do with the PP agreement - unfortunately.

I agree though, that something, somehow should be done so that people who go there aren't wasting their peds on broken missions (especially newbies), and items and materials that don't have value as before to contribute to any type of economy growth.

I've heard there's chat about it at MA, but not sure what direction it's headed, or if anything is going to be done about it, except let it sit there as is. After all, for anyone who spends peds there, both MA and the PP benefit, which I feel is unfair when there's no development and no interaction from those in charge.
    I was actually hopping with your connections you would fill in the blanks on this one.

Yes I do hope that I win the lotto and buy this planet.

Provider
    Quote Originally Posted by MindStar9 View Post

Maybe, maybe not. In the agreement to become a PP MA clearly states
    what a PP must do. If he doesn't follow that guideline it could be a breach
    of contract... but who knows?

Self-Requested Deactivation
    Quote Originally Posted by Joat View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. In the agreement to become a PP MA clearly states
    what a PP must do. If he doesn't follow that guideline it could be a breach
    of contract... but who knows?
    I appreciate your comment my dear friend, but I "know" what the status is right now, which is what I reported. The community can take it for what it's worth - I just can't reveal my sources.

There are discussions going on, but there are definitely legalities involved, and if things can't be worked out, then we will see Next Island as it is for the next several years until such time that something can be done about it.

Anything is possible, but that's where we're at right now.

And remember, each PP agreement is not the same except for the basics, and negotiation takes place as well depending on what type of theme and development we're talking about.

But then, there are also situational factors that can come into play, and do at times, which makes it more difficult.

I also have a copy of the full PP Agreement, so I know exactly what is expected from both sides (MA and PP), but again ... these are negotiable.

11. 10-17-2016, 21:22