Hatchling

Looking For Experienced Players Opinion

Being new to this game, I'm starting to realize how much work goes into the beginning, and how the path you choose can really affect things later on.

I would like some constructive feedback from those that have already gotten past their first few months (or really anyone with good input) to see what you think of my plan:

1. Deposit $15-$20 real money to get a base of starting PED. I've read all about sweating and the other slow grind methods of getting isk....oops i mean PED - (this isn't Eve ) -- I wasnt into that in Eve and im not really into spending 10s of hours per week to make little money in this game either. Additional deposits of real life money will happen on a monthly basis IF I cant start generating PED in game enough to suit my needs.

2. Get into an explorer and/or hunter society. ANYONE RECRUITING or know of a good starter Soc.

3. Work up my skills, abilities and kit so I can start hunting larger game (and killing it relatively quickly) and finding bigger PED scores. All day im seeing these "HOFs" in the chat......so and so has found whatever worth 680 PED etc...

4. Remap my plan from there based on feedback and experience.

What i do not want is to rage quit after a few weeks because i cant get this. Im interested in building my character, but so far i have barely seen any other real life people online. I'm in the south east corner of the Arkadia map....don't remember the name of the city but the noob missions take you there.

What i would like is real life input from those who have already gone through this so I can plan accordingly and avoid the pitfalls (possibly) in front of me.

Yes, im sure there is a wealth of knowledge already written in these forums and i do plan on reading it all. I look forward to reading any responses to this that i get.

2. Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Hash View Post
    Being new to this game, I'm starting to realize how much work goes into the beginning, and how the path you choose can really affect things later on.

I would like some constructive feedback from those that have already gotten past their first few months (or really anyone with good input) to see what you think of my plan:

1. Deposit $15-$20 real money to get a base of starting PED. I've read all about sweating and the other slow grind methods of getting isk....oops i mean PED - (this isn't Eve ) -- I wasnt into that in Eve and im not really into spending 10s of hours per week to make little money in this game either. Additional deposits of real life money will happen on a monthly basis IF I cant start generating PED in game enough to suit my needs.

2. Get into an explorer and/or hunter society. ANYONE RECRUITING or know of a good starter Soc.

3. Work up my skills, abilities and kit so I can start hunting larger game (and killing it relatively quickly) and finding bigger PED scores. All day im seeing these "HOFs" in the chat......so and so has found whatever worth 680 PED etc...

4. Remap my plan from there based on feedback and experience.

What i do not want is to rage quit after a few weeks because i cant get this. Im interested in building my character, but so far i have barely seen any other real life people online. I'm in the south east corner of the Arkadia map....don't remember the name of the city but the noob missions take you there.

What i would like is real life input from those who have already gone through this so I can plan accordingly and avoid the pitfalls (possibly) in front of me.

Yes, im sure there is a wealth of knowledge already written in these forums and i do plan on reading it all. I look forward to reading any responses to this that i get.
    Just a couple of pieces of advice.

1st. Stop looking at the scrolling hof messages. Chasing hofs is a sure fire way to rage quit.

2nd. Research is king. What your after here is sustainability. To do this, you need to understand markup and cost of the activity. Never expect a global or hof to help you get your profit or break even. Whatch your runs and keep a log of how much, what kind of loot, markup of loot, what's selling in the auctions and what people on the street are buying. This will help you determine what mobs are worth going after, and when the loot swing for that mob is low so you can move to another mob until the swing is back up.

3rd. Sell your loot in stacks. This will mean you need to keep a higher ped balance so you can do several runs while you wait for your stacks to sell. Likewise finding crafters to regularly sell to will help if you can't sell in higher stacks. These crafters are looking for specific materials, so find out what loots them, how much markup they are willing to give you, and if this mob can be killed efficiently by you and your current skill level at the time.

Getting into a good soc is essential. Shop around here on the forums and ark forum as well. If you find that the soc your in isn't taking you to where you want to go, then politely leave and try another. You will find one that suits you.

Remember in EU, everything takes time. Running to the TT to sell, or buy things is a sure fire way to lose peds.

I know others here will have some better advice or will add to it, so I'll stop here.

Gl and have fun.

1. Take a look at Alice's Guide to get an overall grasp of the game. (It's the classic beginner's manual for EU - it won't answer all your questions and some things may be a bit outdated now, but it's should still be well worth reading)

2. Entropedia is the player-created wiki site for the game. Like all player-created sites, it's in a constant state of being updated rather than being authoritatively comprehensive - but we do our best

3. IMHO, Entropia isn't a game - it's a lifestyle. Don't rush into it, be patient and persistent, and take the time to do some research before making significant committments. If you do choose to deposit, work out what you can afford and adapt your gamestyle to that level of play.
    Profit is the name of the game for some, others are happy to pay for their fun - it's a personal choice that only you can make. Profit does take more effort though.

4. Ignore the globals and hofs on chat - it doesn't mean they're profiting, they may even be making a huge loss. Don't turn the messages off though - think of them as a way of getting to know some of the 'names' in the community.

5. There are lots of societies that cater for new players. You don't have to stay with the same group forever - look for one that has several who play in your gametime, on the same planet, and that are at a similar level to yourself, so you can do some things together.

Provider
    On Arkadia, head to Celeste Quarry to meet people. It's the main trading hub. But as Arkadian population is small the level of activity is timezone dependant.

Find your self to a good mentor. Along with a friendly society, a mentor will help you with that early information that you need. Becoming a disciple isnt really about graduating as quickly as possible to grab the reward. It's main benefit is that experienced guidance.