Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by John Boote View Post
    How do I determine my capacity? Right now without armor I can take down a lvl 1 without damage and a lvl 3 with medium damage to myself, 5s are still fatal. I was going without armor to let some skills build up. At what point should I start using armor?

I switched to a long sword, but only strength has been increased. What do I need to do to increase endurance?

If you mean Health, its in your skills menu "Press 'K' ingame" and find health. Unless you chip in, your health increases very slowly, fighting mobs naked (without armor) will help you gain essential skills early on, sweating helps build these skills up too (if you want to take on the task)

If you mean your Carrying Capacity, when you open up your inventory, it will tell you how much you can carry based of kg's at the bottom of the inventory screen.

For example.... " Weight: 45/300 kgs"

There's a lot of trash loot you get off of mobs too, such as Trophies, a good hint is to "Merge All Stacks" before you get to the trade terminal, This helps when selling trash loot. (you don't have to drag and drop each individual trophy into the trade terminal, you can drop in stacks of 20) *right click the item, you will see "Merge All Stacks" you may have to do it a couple times to get everything merged*

Also, check Mark-Up (MU) on EVERY item you loot (except trophies) you can do this by right clicking the item and selecting "Market Value" Trading is one of the Most Important Factors in this game, and knowing what exactly to sell looted items for is very important in your success in-game.

Find a good mentor, someone to show you the ropes, teach you the terms and fundamentals of the game. If you stick around Camp Icarus (if your on Planet Calypso) for a fair amount of time (you should while your skilling on puny's) every once in awhile people will run Teleport Runs (TP Runs) take advantage of this, it will allow you to travel around the planet faster, TIP when you can because they are spending PED doing you a huge favor.

There didn't used to be Vehicles back in the day, you had to run everywhere to get a TP, which ment you had to run by HUGE MOBS, skilled players would get a team together and run everyone around, kill the mobs, just to help the community grow, it was very noble of them, I try to pass it on as much as possible.

Also, another early on tip:

There is an oil rig north of Camp Icarus, wait your turn in line, and grab some free oil. Oil Runs every vehicle in game (after it has been refined) it is a slow process, but all you have to do is stand in line and not go AFK. Its a PVP zone, SO YOU CAN GET KILLED! usually there are older, skilled players protecting the area allowing beginners to gather oil. RESPECT THEM, they are spending their PED to help you earn PED. (they may shoot you every once in awhile, don't try to type anything in public chat after being killed if you haven't already respawned, it will just show up as "OOOoooOOOoooOOhhhhhhh" - ghost talk, you'd just be wasting your time, and one of them is that much closers to a PK Hof :/

Goodluck man, I hope to see you in-game sometime.
    Last edited by dreadi_dosh; 09-15-2013 at 16:35.

2. Sponsored Links
    <removed> to increase your health you have to level up certain skills.

Full table showing the effect skills have on health can be found here: http://www.entropedia.info/Chart.aspx?chart=Skill (column "HP increase")

The value given there means "xxx skill points in this skill give 1 additional health, i.e. 1600 Rifle gives 1 full extra health (400 more equal 0.25 more health, respectively)
    Last edited by Serica; 09-15-2013 at 22:59. Reason: 2.2 - Insults/Flaming
    Not a single fuck shall be given today

4. 09-15-2013, 22:14
    Reason
    2.2 - Insults/Flaming

5. 09-15-2013, 22:19
    Reason
    2.2 - Insults/Flaming

6. 09-15-2013, 22:24
    Reason
    2.2 - Insults/Flaming

Hatchling
    Yesterday I started sweating the lvl 1 punies, using a healing tool to get all 10 bottles of sweat, then use the long sword to loot them. For each sweat/loot the chat is displaying various skills are increasing. In Skills, the health attribute shows no ranking with 89 points. Not counting the occasional evade, the kill takes 1 strike with the TT long sword delivering an average of 12-18 damage points. Only looting the Lvl 3 snotnose male old or exosaur mature, I average 5 strikes then I have to use the healing tool. Would changing from a long sword to a knife, and continue to sweat/loot lvl 1 punies until I can loot a Lvl 3 without needing a healing tool, before moving up to Lvl 5s be a correct strategy? I noticed that some avatars seem to move fast, am I correct that continuing with sweat/loot would help with this too?

[ (they may shoot you every once in awhile, don't try to type anything in public chat after being killed if you haven't already respawned, it will just show up as "OOOoooOOOoooOOhhhhhhh" - ghost talk, you'd just be wasting your time, and one of them is that much closers to a PK Hof :/

Goodluck man, I hope to see you in-game sometime.[/QUOTE]

Actually that is not true. There are some that can read what is said if you have the right chip etc to do so..... but basicly no, most cannot read it
    Mrs. Roni RL Jan 21, 2014
    Started EU 11-02-2011

It may show up as '0000oo00ooo000..' to most, but there's a good chance that the one who killed you in pvp has unlocked 'Ethereal Soul Language' and CAN read it. ESL isn't a skill as such, it's an feature unlocked by the first successful use of a Resurrection chip.
    Some avatars have helped build up their reputation by witty remarks in ESL
    Abusing the guy who just killed you is likely to just get you killed again though.
    Most boring are those who just type '0000oo00ooo000' .. and it's amazing how many do !

As for progression, if you're looking for the most eco way to play, it's a good idea to learn to use the Weapons chart and Weapon Compare tool in Entropedia to choose the most eco weapon for your current professional levels. Adding your own levels to the Avatars/Avatars Skills charts makes it very easy to then sort the Weapons charts to best match your skill level.

You might want to continue with the Punys until you can sweat and kill them without healing (or armor). Start with cherrypicking only the Berycled Puny, then move up to include the Tripudion and then the Caudatergus.
    Entropedia lets you sort the Creature tables as well, which should give you a rough 'hunt progression list' as your skills grow.

Avatar speed is related to your Agility skill level, just as Strength affects how much you can carry before slowing down. Noone has yet conclusively proven any relationship between Intelligence, Psyche or Stamina and other ingame features (other than their contribution to the overall HP calculation ofc).

I Stand corrected!!!! Thanks for the info Saradu and Serica

Hatchling

Almost 11 months later

It turns out the evade was the most important skill. Almost 11 months later I reread this thread. If I didn't know I was the thread poster, I would think another noob afflicted with itchy trigger finger syndrome. fortunately it happened to me only one time.

I seen a lot of new players afflicted by itchy trigger finger. The only thing that I can tell them is to get the iron puny mission, swunt them for 1-3 months to get their evade up (no shooting other mobs), otherwise they're wasting ped in armor decay and ammo especially if they can't loot the mob. I knew they got bored or didn't listen, because the next time they post in soc chat I cant read ghost.

The information others posted was and continues to be useful to me. In fact I'm waiting for avoidance to unlock and 40 more hps before trying to solo a pop dragon young.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12