Old

Printscreen programm

Hi,
    i'm looking for a proper, easy screenshot tool, something that just displays or saves my screenshots when i press 'print scrn' nothing to fancy.
    what do you guys use?
    i'm not looking for video making, or alot of options like hotkey options or zoom and other, just simple a press and auto-save programm

*Edit*
    p.s. it would be extra great if the tool uses little to no CPU, because my laptop isn't all that fast and up to date also free and unbranded would be best

*Edited again* i forgot to mention i usualy hook my laptop on to my bigger screen and use both, big screen as main and laptop as extended second screen

(i'm aware this thread excists (Click for other thread)but i cant make heads or tails of this and have no referance or explenation, besides, i wanna know what you guys/gals use)
    Last edited by Skatan; 10-03-2013 at 12:56.
    Play for the fun of it and may lootius be with you all!

2. Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Skatan View Post
    Hi,
    i'm looking for a proper, easy screenshot tool, something that just displays or saves my screenshots when i press 'print scrn' nothing to fancy.
    what do you guys use?
    i'm not looking for video making, or alot of options like hotkey options or zoom and other, just simple a press and auto-save programm

(i'm aware this thread excists (Click for other thread)but i cant make heads or tails of this and have no referance or explenation, besides, i wanna know what you guys/gals use)

I use Fraps and there is bandicam as well, both are free
    Mrs. Roni RL Jan 21, 2014
    Started EU 11-02-2011

Guardian
    I use Fraps as well. I found it easy to use. There are a lot of extras which I ignore!

I'm not at home at the moment, so I can't check, but I think the free version of Fraps puts a branding on the image. The paid for version doesn't.

Old
    i used to have some software which was so increadibly simple, it was just an empty window and when you press printscreen it would show it in that window and that way you could make an infinity of shots. whenever you wanted to keep that one you could save it later. i forgot the name sadly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Meric View Post
    I use Fraps as well. I found it easy to use. There are a lot of extras which I ignore!

I'm not at home at the moment, so I can't check, but I think the free version of Fraps puts a branding on the image. The paid for version doesn't.
    I have not seen any branding on any of my global pictures.
    Mrs. Roni RL Jan 21, 2014
    Started EU 11-02-2011

I use the one built-in on Entropia Tracker Suite.

Old
    yesterday i tried out FRAP, i must say, if you keep it all basic it's a good tool, luckaly those frame rate numbers are not in the way in top left corner.

i don't use trackers, (i do that manually) so that won't be an option but good suggestion. keep 'em coming for other people

Fraps always is a good choice for video/screenshot but there is another great choice for stilll images = Irfanview or Iview

I use both for many years and are the best tools for capturing your adventures