Young

Opalo or Chikara LR-3 Colonial?

If my goal is to skill up laser weaponry as quickly as possible, will I be better to get more shots off per creature with the opalo or do more damage per shot with the Chikara? I will not be concerned with cost or time it takes to kill, just skill ups.

I have looked over the forum to find the method used to calculate skill ups but found nothing.

Thanks

2. Sponsored Links
    Old
    i would say more shots equals more oppurtunaty for skill chances, so in that case opalo=more shots=more skills however i'm no expert on the matter, these are just my 2 pecs, as they say.

what i can say with certainty is that you should look at the 'skill increase bonus'

good luck!
    Play for the fun of it and may lootius be with you all!

I will not be concerned with cost or time it takes to kill, just skill ups.
    If you are not concerned with cost i suggest to get a EWE-EP 40 Mercenery Modified and a Omegaton A204 Hypercharged. With that setup you should be able to shoot up to level 50 within a month.

BR

Old
    and the costs of that would be...? because i'm guessing those will be around 1 to 5K in ped
    Play for the fun of it and may lootius be with you all!

Quote Originally Posted by Skatan View Post
    and the costs of that would be...? because i'm guessing those will be around 1 to 5K in ped
    Nah this doesn't meet exactly the price. ModMerc will be around 120k i guess and Hypercharged A204 maybe 30k or so. So 150k more or less.

But he wrote he doesn't mind the cost and just wants to skill up as fast as possible. And this combo provides fast skilling up, that is for sure.

Anyway i do not say he should get that setup for real. My post was more the subtle hint, that "not concerned with costs" can be an expensive experience in EU. But then again, maybe he really meant it and then this setup is indeed a fast skiller.
    Last edited by Jennson; 10-10-2013 at 11:06.

Young
    Heh, meant I was not concerned with the cost between the two weapons I mentioned.
    But thanks for the tip, when I win the lottery I will get that setup

Quote Originally Posted by EdG View Post
    Heh, meant I was not concerned with the cost between the two weapons I mentioned.
    But thanks for the tip, when I win the lottery I will get that setup
    in that case go with the Chikara+A102 the slightly higher cost per shot should be in favor of that gun. And it has a way better eco even at 120%. And the higher dps ( almost twice the dps of the Opalo ) opens you a wider range of mobs to hunt.

Young
    I had some B101 already. They do not give much of a boost to damage, but they are a LOT cheaper on the auction than the A102. Folks want a huge markup on the A102.

With my Chikara and the B101 I do gain a decent amount of skills. So, thanks for the tip. I will keep an eye out for a reasonable A102, but... oh well.

Edit: Just noticed the E-amp 12 on the auction.
    E-amp 12 adds the same 100 ammo burn as the A102.
    The E-amp 12 adds 1.0 penetration damage and 9.0 burn damage while the A102 adds only 7.0 burn damage. Isn't the E-amp better then?
    E-amp 12 has a durability ratng 'good' while the A102 rating is 'very good'.
    I am not sure how MUCH that will affect the repair cost difference, it obviously makes the E-amp 12 decay faster than the A102.
    Last edited by EdG; 10-12-2013 at 18:30.

Quote Originally Posted by EdG View Post
    I had some B101 already. They do not give much of a boost to damage, but they are a LOT cheaper on the auction than the A102. Folks want a huge markup on the A102.

With my Chikara and the B101 I do gain a decent amount of skills. So, thanks for the tip. I will keep an eye out for a reasonable A102, but... oh well.

Edit: Just noticed the E-amp 12 on the auction.
    E-amp 12 adds the same 100 ammo burn as the A102.
    The E-amp 12 adds 1.0 penetration damage and 9.0 burn damage while the A102 adds only 7.0 burn damage. Isn't the E-amp better then?
    E-amp 12 has a durability ratng 'good' while the A102 rating is 'very good'.
    I am not sure how MUCH that will affect the repair cost difference, it obviously makes the E-amp 12 decay faster than the A102.
    First you the gun can only take up 50% of it's base damage as amp. You waste a lot with the e-amp 12.

with the e-amp 12 you get 10.46 dps @ 2.436 dpp which is really bad. compare that with the same dps and the 2.944 dpp and you know why the price for the A102 is higher.

If you concern is the purchase cost is of concern and so far you took the B101, i suggest the E-Amp 11. You get around the same eco as with the B101, but you get the full available dps out of the gun. Still it is a huge difference in eco vs. the A102.

Young
    You are so right... I slapped the E-Amp on the Chikara and equipped it, got that yellow message saying the weapon could not fully utilize that enhancer.

Live and learn. Will keep an eye on the A102s and grab one as soon as I can.

12. 11-04-2016, 10:57