Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy black screenshots

Since the last update my sceenshots are all black.There was a solution ingame once before that fixed it for me but can't remember how I did it.Can someone please help.

2. Sponsored Links
    Old
    do you use screenshot software? i had problems with screenshots when i used double screens and when i used default screenshot.

i recently started using FRAP screenshot software, it was a tip i got from people in this forum and it works just fine
    Play for the fun of it and may lootius be with you all!

Old
    For some reason, the standard print screen can bug if you run windowed mode. If you run windowed, you could try switching to full screen.

Don't use the default hotkey "PrtScn" button of windows.
    Instead for manual printscreens or entire videos use Fraps (both static and video capturing app) or IrfanView (static only).
    The only thing you need to learn, it's what format and quality can get when use 'em.
    Both are excellent, plus Fraps can give you "on the fly" indication FPS of the EU client on graphic performance

Quote Originally Posted by Skatan View Post
    do you use screenshot software? i had problems with screenshots when i used double screens and when i used default screenshot.

i recently started using FRAP screenshot software, it was a tip i got from people in this forum and it works just fine
    My wife gets black screenies from Entropia Life (she plays full screen). Now she uses FRAPS which works just fine. Back side is that the free version of FRAPs its BMP format only and many blogs or social media like facebook only accept or prefer JPEG format. I use Bandicam (free) that can be set to JPEG and making movies is a bit user friendly then FRAPs.

Regards, Roni

Provider
    For EntropiaLife the fix has been to disable desktop composition for the client.
    This is an option in the compatability tab for the client exe.

However this does not appear to work for the new 64bit client.
    Desktop composition can not be disabled on Windows 8 and although I am running Win7, I wonder if perhaps the client was built on Windows8 or Server 2012.

Old
    Quote Originally Posted by Roni View Post
    My wife gets black screenies from Entropia Life (she plays full screen). Now she uses FRAPS which works just fine. Back side is that the free version of FRAPs its BMP format only and many blogs or social media like facebook only accept or prefer JPEG format. I use Bandicam (free) that can be set to JPEG and making movies is a bit user friendly then FRAPs.

Regards, Roni
    then i shall try that, the BPM file for the free version is indeed annoying. thanks
    Play for the fun of it and may lootius be with you all!

Old
    Quote Originally Posted by KikkiJikki View Post
    For EntropiaLife the fix has been to disable desktop composition for the client.
    This is an option in the compatability tab for the client exe.

However this does not appear to work for the new 64bit client.
    Desktop composition can not be disabled on Windows 8 and although I am running Win7, I wonder if perhaps the client was built on Windows8 or Server 2012.
    On Win7 using 64-bit client, I found I needed to also disable desktop composiiton for the client loader as well as the client itself, so in other words I followed the same process for two differerent exe files (clientloader.exe and entropia.exe iirc).

For Windows 8 I think you need to first select 'Run in compatibility mode, Windows 7' or similar, then you can disable desktop composition as above.

This should allow PrintScrn to work correctly as well as the EntropiaLife screenshot function.

Quote Originally Posted by Skatan View Post
    then i shall try that, the BPM file for the free version is indeed annoying. thanks
    But it is just as easy to pop it into another art program (irfanview) and save it as jpeg. Another free program out there. I tried the new one Roni was using, Bandicam, but it ties up a program on my desktop that I use all the time so making my choice, bandicam didn't win LOL. But it does work fine too, so try them all and just see what works best for you.
    Mrs. Roni RL Jan 21, 2014
    Started EU 11-02-2011

right click the client loader , compatibility

disable visual themes
    disable desktop composition

works for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast