Young

Halloween Mayhem event

Information can be found here http://www.planetcalypso.com/events/halloween2013/

But theres some things I'm trying to figure out about it that really isnt made clear on that page.

It says there are 5 separate instances for varying skill levels. What it does not explain though is are these separate instances brackets with separate prize structures so the noobs have a chance to win something as well? Or is the prize structure just one pool for everyone in which case noobs probably shouldn't even bother?

And is the 5 instances compulsory? In which I mean if any of your combat skills are 2 or better you automatically play in the #2 bracket? Can someone who has a better grasp on this event explain these 2 things to me please? Thank you

2. Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by bigheadnick View Post
    It says there are 5 separate instances for varying skill levels. What it does not explain though is are these separate instances brackets with separate prize structures so the noobs have a chance to win something as well? Or is the prize structure just one pool for everyone in which case noobs probably shouldn't even bother?

And is the 5 instances compulsory? In which I mean if any of your combat skills are 2 or better you automatically play in the #2 bracket? Can someone who has a better grasp on this event explain these 2 things to me please? Thank you
    There is one list of prizes for all participants, regardless of which instance you use, not separate prizes for each instance.
    The difference between the instances is the difficulty of the mobs in them.

As the event notice states:
    The Halloween pumpkins have been distributed in relation to creature difficulty, so that hunters in all five instance levels have a fair chance at scoring points in the event.
    Kim/Calypso has further clarified that this "means that the likelihood of looting event tokens is a direct function of the time and cost of killing each of the different event creatures and bosses" so it puts all players on a more even playing field so that all levels have about the same chance to win prizes.

The 5 instances are not compulsory. The event is not compulsory either. Participate in any or (if you have the skills) all of them - or none.
    The choice is yours.

Young
    So if I'm understanding you correctly the chances of winning is based on ammo spent? Or rather cost of the ammo spent? If thats the case then I think I made the right move buying a very un-eco weapon lol. Yes I very much intend to buy my way into a prize lol

I'd expect there's a number of variables. But given what's been said, using a higher dps weapon to maximise the amount of mob HP damage in the total 40hrs should, over the long term, help maximise your potential score.

Young
    then im a genius!, thank you for the info

Young
    "The requested area can not be instantiated."

Let me guess.

The instances are full and I have to wait until someone uses up their 40 hours before I can enter?

How do we enjoy an event we cannot access? Just curious, really. Nobody I know in soc has been able to enter in the last 20-30 minutes...

Edit: After trying like 30 times it finally let me in lol...seems to be a pain tho, not sure if that is a bug?

Young
    Quote Originally Posted by Zargyn Dregor View Post
    "The requested area can not be instantiated."

Let me guess.

The instances are full and I have to wait until someone uses up their 40 hours before I can enter?

How do we enjoy an event we cannot access? Just curious, really. Nobody I know in soc has been able to enter in the last 20-30 minutes...

Edit: After trying like 30 times it finally let me in lol...seems to be a pain tho, not sure if that is a bug?
    think it was a server overload last night, seems ok sofar today. Related question for anyone who may know, where can i find the leaderboard for the event? And is the leaderboard based solely on mission points or something else? score or whatever? Also any word when the mission npc's will be working?

Old
    Quote Originally Posted by bigheadnick View Post
    think it was a server overload last night, seems ok sofar today. Related question for anyone who may know, where can i find the leaderboard for the event? And is the leaderboard based solely on mission points or something else? score or whatever? Also any word when the mission npc's will be working?
    leader board I think will never be shown until winners announced. we cannot turn in our pumpkins until they fix the mission dude, on the 12th I think.