Old

Limited EVERYTHING!

you know what really bugs me, that all tools and weapons are limited. IT IS SO ANNOYING! i get why they did it i just don't like it. i've stuck with my Vivo T-1 for far too long and it's limiting my hunting bigger game capacity. and i'm not going to use a limited version because i can not make money with my healing so i cant pay it back with winnings.

so now that my complaining is done, here's my question.
    i want to upgrade to a better healing model, ofcourse unlimited and sort of "budget" line (i'm willing to pay something more) with a better healing factor and an eco grade (entropedia) of something of 7 or higher. what i found were the following:

- Herb box (5 ped TT, 15 healing however: eco grade of 6.56)
    - S.I.H.E.A.R.T (9 ped TT, 14 healing however: is a cyrene TT item and i'm on calypso, unwilling to move to another planet)
    - Vivo 5 (18.3 healing, rest is unknown to me)
    - Regeneration chip I (reasonable price, 16 healing factor, 7,something eco grade however it uses mind essence(not the worst) but how does one repair a mindforce chip? do you have to take it out? what do i have to buy to get it to work, i know jack-sh*t about it) is it worth starting to learn about this?

your opinion please any other models i should take into account? i'm lvl 3 paramedic but not rich so i'd stress the "budget" part. (let's say 50 to 70 ped is max spend on this)

thanks in advance!
    Play for the fun of it and may lootius be with you all!

2. Sponsored Links
    Guardian
    First - chips and FAPs give different healing skills. The FAPs give First Aid, the chips Bioregenesis. I have in fact been skilling in both. I find the ability of chips to heal at a distance to be very useful in places.

The chip can be dropped onto the repair window for repair - you don't have to take out the implant. The implant only has to come out when it needs repairing and these days that is not very often. (Some VUs back it was *very* often, and also expensive).
    To use a chip you need an implant, and the inserter tool (Payn-Inc Implant Inserter from the TT). There is quite an animation when you use this tool! For the implant the NeoPsion 10 Mindforce Implant will get you off to a good start. You only need a higher one when you get to higher level chips.

There *are* some UL FAPs higher up in capability, but they are rare and expensive.

On FAPs, I'm currently using a Vivo15, which I make myself. This gives me crafting skills as well!

As for eco, I can't really comment, as I don't set out to be the most eco player around.

Entropedia will give you quite a lot of info though. And Alice's guide has lots of detail.
    Last edited by Meric; 11-22-2013 at 16:51. Reason: spelling

Old
    you can find SI HEART for TT+1 on caly very easily as well

Guardian
    Quote Originally Posted by Meric View Post
    The implant only has to come out when it needs repairing and these days that is not very often. (Some VUs back it was *very* often, and also expensive).
    After I wrote that it occurred to me that there had been a change in a VU at some point, and I no longer had to remove my armour to repair it. So I tried to repair my implant without removing it, and it worked!

So ignore that bit in my earlier post!

Old
    thank you guys both!
    i might just try and find a regen chip. and the si heart

Quote Originally Posted by Skatan View Post
    thank you guys both!
    i might just try and find a regen chip. and the si heart
    Be aware that the SI Heart takes quite some time to max (paramedic lvl 15.2). Until you're about lvl 6 paramedic, it will be far less eco than either a VivoT1 or Herb Box.

If you're level 3, the most eco of the low cost UL alternatives will be a Herb Box with eco of 10.06, only just nudging out the VivoT1 at 9.98.

Old
    Quote Originally Posted by Serica View Post
    Be aware that the SI Heart takes quite some time to max (paramedic lvl 15.2). Until you're about lvl 6 paramedic, it will be far less eco than either a VivoT1 or Herb Box.

If you're level 3, the most eco of the low cost UL alternatives will be a Herb Box with eco of 10.06, only just nudging out the VivoT1 at 9.98.
    thanks thats a great tip!