About Space and latest demands in content

I'm reading some threads about space, spaceships, new content in space and such things.
    I don’t know for the past but recently are some.

I want to add my opinion (and I think I'd guessed right at many issues about Entropia’s developement team intentions, in the past).
    Entropia it is a game about planets and the life upon them.
    Space in Entropia exist just to connect those planets.
    There are some obstacles in it (pirates/distances e.t.c.) just to retain people on planets and make ‘em to consider more seriously for a potential trip (Some are naturaly wanderers, so there isn’t any obstacle to stop ‘em from traveling through space anyway).
    But if there is a need for improvements and content change or additions, that’s should be on planets and only on those and that’s the priority.
    If you don’t like Entropia’s space or you want more complicate or sophisticate space, there is a dedicated game with action taking place in space.
    That’s EVE online.
    So asking MindArk, to change focus and give more “weight” in space gameplay it is at least .... paradox.

2. Sponsored Links
    Imagine a well developed space, fleets of ships in alliance, warp gates controlled by socs, safe zones, PvP zones, mining asteroid belts, space mobs , xyz coordinate warping, SubWarp drives that go faster than quads, a lag free space, seem less entry to planets etc
    We don't want to play EVE, we want MA to make space great! Space could be amazing, even a massive central space station for space trade etc

Just have to wait until MA sells the rights to space to a interested party.
    Starfinder XXI: PM me to book a flight!
    Buying: Umbranoid Paste Pot
    Metal flows through my veins!

Enough developing versions of Feffox, Halloween and Merry Mayhem instances. Time to fix some bugs and develop space!
    Starfinder XXI: PM me to book a flight!
    Buying: Umbranoid Paste Pot
    Metal flows through my veins!

Dominant
    Quote Originally Posted by Few Scars View Post
    Enough developing versions of Feffox, Halloween and Merry Mayhem instances. Time to fix some bugs and develop space!
    Yep, tho these were made by Planet Calypso, not the MA development team. Better to say enough developing Monria, let's develop space!

Young
    Generally speaking, I think space needs to be more accessible to the newer players. Which also makes the other planets more accessible. Im not sure how to accomplish this but it just feels like a barrier to the new player , especially one without money to depo right away or is trying to explore everything before making an investment. I think this is something that needs attention and would help in new player retention., again though I have no idea how to accomplish this.

I would also love to see a greater selection in space fairing vehicles. maybe a one seater that has no weapons but travels much faster to other planets than a quad. Maybe a ship thats main focus is combat but moves slow., Just some variation that makes you think about your decision and the positives and negatives. Just my 2 cents

Old
    Arkadia, first tree to the left behind the Oro
    Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jean Ruby View Post
    If you don’t like Entropia’s space or you want more complicate or sophisticate space, there is a dedicated game with action taking place in space.
    That’s EVE online.
    ^^^This!

Space as it is now is, IMHO, as exciting as watching the grass grow. It's sloooow, boring, made in a poor way - even cheap space sims from the early '90s had a much better gaming experience!

And it's lootable PvP. This way it's comparable to the lootable PvP areas on the planets, and as we all know, these are mostly - plain and simple empty.
    Only a small minority of players is enjoying this style of gaming, the vast majority of players detests it; getting shot at any opportunity is nasty enough, getting looted of items that represent real cash is even worse.

So space is usually quite empty, and will continue to be this, no matter what features MA would add (space mining, more space mobs, whatever) - the majority of players simply loathes the basic setting! They just don't like the idea that at the very moment their Global is announced an armada of robbers would be at their tails, trying to steal their precious loot.

IMHO any work on space is in vain, as long as not 2 prerequisites are met:
    1. A lot of work must be done to create an adequate gaming experience in space - speeding it up, making it less boring, more responsive, vivid, entertaining!
    2. Space as "all-lootable-PvP" must be abolished, or it will never reach considerable player numbers! There could be a mix of all 3 possible zone models (no-PvP, not-lootable-PvP, lootable-PvP with toxic shot).

As it is now, space isn't more than a big nuisance for much too many players. These players see space as an ugly hindrance of their gaming experience - why have planets at all when traveling between them is this boring and risky? The PvP players, on the other hand, are as bored, as we read - nothing to loot but the occasional innocent nOOb ...

So space in it's current form is a dead born child, IMHO. And no matter how much work is done to make it up, there is still a strange smell from it.

My 2 PEC. Have fun!
    Storage space is still limited to 500 items
    (with an exploded item count throughout the universe),
    and my nice Cognac Coat is still bugged -
    will we ever get an VU solving the really important problems?

Hatchling
    I just wanted to give my two cents to this.

Space, is vast, but it not empty. I think that if more things were put into space you would find more players willing to travel to it, through it, ectra if they had something they could do. Be it space mining, setting up a station, ectra.

Second thing, something known as a Risk vs reward system. Currently, as players as had stated, the amount of risk going through space does not equal the amount of reward. This might be the number one reason why players doing go there, if you look at PVP zones on Planet Calypso, normally there is something in there that makes people's lives easier if they own that small spot, for example, the oil wells. Put places in space that allows other players to control and govern, like a space rock. Then you might see more organizations out there attempting to own the rock, thus more people. Hell you might even see space wars if you do this!

Third, now I understand why keeping space PVP, it a PED sink, damage to the vehicle demands that the vehicle can be repaired. However, I think you will see a massive growth in space if you make the general area of space PvP non-lootable, while the sections of space loot-able PVP, call it deep space or something.

That's my two cents, take from it what you want.

10. 12-31-2016, 23:32

11. 12-31-2016, 23:35

12. 12-31-2016, 23:37

13. 12-31-2016, 23:41