Hatchling

I'm confused. 83.9% succes means 90% fail?

With this blueprint, it says 83,9 % succes rate. But on every attempt I get very bad returns. From 10% up to 35% returns.

I know MA changes the game to keep our PED but at least change the rating too. This is just inaccurate.

It's nearly impossible for a new player to start crafting unless we deposit over 1500$. This isn't a gamble anymore.

What must I do now, to craft in a eco way?

2. Sponsored Links
    m8, 84% is way too low, you need a higher success rate, at least 90% I'd say.

The success rate has never been changed nor will it I think
    Raxxor

Hatchling
    in the end you'll probably have some good return

Guardian
    My belief is that the returns have a large random factor. Over a long period then the percentages start to agree. Just 10 tries isn't enough!

Note that MA/EU uses the word 'success' in two different ways (typical!). The rate you quote covers 'Near Success' as well as 'Success'. So on that basis you have a 40% success rate. Confusingly, the 'Summary' panel just counts the 'Success' events.

One of my BPs has a high QR, and a 'success rate' of 90%, which is as high as an UL BP gets. My real returns are about 33%! This is on runs of 1000 tries.

Dominant
    Need to clearly define the terms...

• TT return (TT returned/TT spent or ~90%)
    • Success rate (chance of success, also called "Success Percentage" in the construction session summary, will be around 37%)
    • "Success rate" in bp list (81.4% to 95% for maxed SIB bps, meaning it fails only 10% of the time on average)
    • Cost to Craft (total total costs of materials (MU included) minus income from product and biproduct (MU included) divided by number of products made)

Your numbers will vary based on skill level and blueprint. Also, you need to do many clicks in crafting to see the expected values. A few hundred won't do it.

Crafting is not cheap but there are ways to get into it with less waste. Number one is to get your skills up first (mothership repair) then start clicking only BPs you have maxed.
    Last edited by Neil Stockton; 01-20-2014 at 15:46.

Average return in full success clicks on maxed BP's in the short session (like 100 clicks) may be very different. From 22 to 50%
    If BP is not maxed and had QR=0.0, you can see similar picture as posted by OP.
    So, what you must do?
    1. Obtain (buy) a BP with QR 1.0 (or close to this value).
    2. Gain or buy skills up to condition when Learning period will be in the 'Not Anymore' state.
    Try to click again. Compare results

This two rules can help you in your work

Andy

Dominant
    Actually, to use the terms as given in the crafting terminal, SIB bps that are QR 1.0 will start out at 81.4% (your skill level does not matter, it will always be 81.4%). As the QR goes up to 100.0, the success rate (non-failure rate) will go up to 95%.

Hatchling
    I see, I will try to get my skills up first then. Thanks for the replies!