Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hatchling

Entropia Ranker, what weapon you can use next..

Hey everyone,

Link > http://www.entropiaranker.com

I’ve just finished developing a tool to make searching for your next weapon a lot easier and I was hoping you guys could give it a go and let me know what you think. Obviously when you’re in-game it’s tough to see what weapon you can use after you’ve gained a professional level and outgrown your current weapon, I used to play the game before the profession system came in; after a lengthy hiatus I had come back and found it a good addition but a little annoying going through the auction house looking for items that I could use effectively!

With the Entropia Ranker you can select your profession name and rank and it will bring back every weapon you can use, along with details of the item’s availability, damage and how much ammo you can get for 100PED (which I thought could be handy!)

In this first release you can search for BLP, Laser, Plasma, Gauss, Pistols, Carbines and Rifles.

In future releases I'd like to cover Melee weapons, Support weapons, Mining and Medical. I'd like to make the tool as useful as possible for all players, so which one of these would you prioritise for the next release?

The tool isn’t perfect yet but it would be great if you guys could have a look and make any suggestions or let us know adjustments that need to be made to what’s already there. Any questions just post on this thread, email mail@entropiaranker.com or in-game message me ingame Simon "Daedalus" Asunder, or my brother at Microbe "Amoeba" Sporidium.

Hope people find this tool helpful and thanks for checking it out!

Cheers!
    Last edited by Daedalus; 02-17-2014 at 06:44. Reason: forgot to add the link.. doh

2. Sponsored Links
    How is the rarity factor calculated. For example after playing around with a few random values i saw the S.I. scorpion with a rarity on 5. Seems not accurate for a TT weapon

Hatchling
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennson View Post
    How is the rarity factor calculated. For example after playing around with a few random values i saw the S.I. scorpion with a rarity on 5. Seems not accurate for a TT weapon
    Hi Jennson, thanks for having a look, really appreciate it!

Yeah the rarity was on a scaled of 1-10, 1 being abundant, and 10 being basically impossible, reference only really.. The rarity was really on a matter of opinion on how rare items were. However, not all the data has been finalised yet, i'd say maybe only 30% of the weapons rarities were covered and the remaining 70% such as the scorpion was defaulted to 5.. So, yeah, there are some things to touch up!

Thanks for the feedback, i'll try and update some of the TT items!

Going to save this and try using it for myself. Looks good and will show this to hubby when he gets home tonight.
    Mrs. Roni RL Jan 21, 2014
    Started EU 11-02-2011

Hatchling
    Thanks for the kind words saradu, if there are any issues or suggestions just let me know!

(btw how many posts do i have to do before I don't need to have a mod approve everything? )

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post

(btw how many posts do i have to do before I don't need to have a mod approve everything? )
    More than 3 It's part of the forum's anti-spam settings.
    I check the mod queue once or twice a day - if you want a post approved more quickly, feel free to send me a PM - which will send me an email notification, even if I'm not logged into the forum.

Hatchling
    Nice application! Thx anf gratz for Computer skills! Could add melee too?

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    Thanks for the kind words saradu, if there are any issues or suggestions just let me know!

think Serica just answered but I know it's frustrating, been there, done that too....... ugh.
    Mrs. Roni RL Jan 21, 2014
    Started EU 11-02-2011

Hatchling
    Quote Originally Posted by KapokWu View Post
    Nice application! Thx anf gratz for Computer skills! Could add melee too?
    Thank you! And yes, I'll try and get all of melee added tonight!

Hatchling
    Added melee weapons whilst on my lunch break at work

A little incomplete as there are no default pictures yet! But i'll do that tonight!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast