Hatchling

New player - my experience

Oh, what's this game? Sounds interesting.

Install client, try tutorial. Fine. Jam while waiting for DL. Music isn't bad but gets old fast.

Actually kinda looks like they have their shit somewhat together, getting you into the game and all while you wait for it to download.

I made my avatar and entered the game outside some large club with a flashing sign. I found a guy by a helicopter shooting hookers. He made it disappear and kept shooting them.

Eventually they started attacking me, and since combat is not possible or insanely non-intuitive, I had to choose to run.

After chasing me for over 5 miles over all kinds of terrain (and past some really horrible tree-models) the hooker wins.

Repeat.

Ask for help, get laughed at.

Repeat all.

Give finger.

Log out.

Uninstall.

2. Sponsored Links
    Unfortunately you chose a planet which is not really well suited for newcomers. Sorry for your bad experience.

I'm sorry to hear that
    ROCKtropia isn't a bad planet to start your adventure.
    Unluckily you felt on a very bizarre situation.
    Right now this planet is under many changes and even experienced players are having problems to adjust and get used to all these changes.
    I think you started without knowing, what's all about this World you are going to enter.

I study for couple of days before even make an account in Entropia.

My suggestions it's.. DON'T GIVE UP!
    Diying it is common in game and that happen to new and older players.
    After all you don't have anything to loose

My first hours on the noob island few years ago I was shoked how amazing this game looks, now I am shoked that new player doesn't like it. But I guess everyone has diferent taste for games. I know that 99% of the gamers I know won't like it, but it's their problem

Quote Originally Posted by fartmans View Post
    Oh, what's this game? Sounds interesting.

Install client, try tutorial. Fine. Jam while waiting for DL. Music isn't bad but gets old fast.

Actually kinda looks like they have their shit somewhat together, getting you into the game and all while you wait for it to download.

I made my avatar and entered the game outside some large club with a flashing sign. I found a guy by a helicopter shooting hookers. He made it disappear and kept shooting them.

Eventually they started attacking me, and since combat is not possible or insanely non-intuitive, I had to choose to run.

After chasing me for over 5 miles over all kinds of terrain (and past some really horrible tree-models) the hooker wins.

Repeat.

Ask for help, get laughed at.

Repeat all.

Give finger.

Log out.

Uninstall.
    Goodbye! Waves.

http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...62#post3247262