Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is Cyrene as quite as the forum posts?

Hey!

Just thinking about a change of scenery and logged on to the forum for some inspiration, only my holiday to Cyrene is now looking like it maybe an isolated one...

Is anybody out there??

Thanks,
    Kesh

P.S. if anyone wants a ride over, let me know!
    Thanks && good luck,

Kesh

2. Sponsored Links
    Last I heard from Cyrene was that their Ten event got cancelled due to platform issues.

I'm sure as soon as that's sorted plenty of players will be there.

Guardian
    I enjoy popping over to Cyrene from time to time. I've done a number of missions which were different from the Caly ones in style.

It is very quiet though, although perhaps I've been in the wrong places.

Mature
    Well, thats a general issue of MAs Entropia Universe:

The universe is expanding while the playerbase isn't...
    Distributing players on many planets means that no planet ever will be full or kind of "alive".

Instead of selling planets it would be more useful to sell the continents of a planet to serveral partners, and create a better overall quality of planets at first - (keep in mind the biggest spaceport in caly for example is just an empty place - who wants to waste precious gametime there?).

As its also possible to create instances with certain entrances the areas and continents could be much more exhausted compared to now which would increase the quality and also the time players spend on some place a lot.

Another point is that housing is still useless, it's not used by any players as lacks of gamecontent. Same is to say for shops, there are too less benefits created, the only sensful way to use it is if you are a hairdresser. Also things like taming or animal breeding are still not implemented. There are too less professions, benefits and first of all needs that would make player stay on one region and give them a need to populate planets more intensive for their benefit.

So why would players go into this?

As long as there aren't more different BASIC GAMENEEDS created to own and use land for productions (now its just: DNA->Animals->HUNTING) to become part of the economic systems (like: LAND-> factories-> production-> SELL on market, or: LAND->animal breeding->taming, riding->SELL) and provide more social aspects that make it more profitable to actually visit the places, its very hard to "force" people to populate new planets.

Now, the only reason to visit places is the money (mining, hunting) and maybe a few interesting items like the amor at arcadia.

Creating more exhausted gamecontent here would also make players spending more peds, they also would need more items which would provide a positive effect to the economics of the game, too (crafters, etc).

Same systems on same planets (just mining, hunting) but just different animals and weaponmodels aren't very long motivating content to make players really stay.

Provider
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamo View Post
    Another point is that housing is still useless, it's not used by any players as lacks of gamecontent. Same is to say for shops, there are too less benefits created, the only sensful way to use it is if you are a hairdresser.
    Shops are awesome. By which I mean, that used intelligently they make crafting a viable occupation. I have around 25 - 35k ped turnover per month. Don't think I could achieve that without shops.

Mature
    Quote Originally Posted by KikkiJikki View Post
    Shops are awesome. By which I mean, that used intelligently they make crafting a viable occupation. I have around 25 - 35k ped turnover per month. Don't think I could achieve that without shops.
    That's nice for you and I am glad. I guess you also have a certain ped card for that things.

And how about the rest? Why are 90% of all shops empty? Genesis Amertha Bilton tower etc. ....empty. Not alive. Pa: 1st floor shops, some in second, the rest is empty. Ok, Cyrene is kind of new and you may not compare at that time now. But if we even just look at Caly the situation doesn't look really good what concerns shops and housing: Something is terribly missing...

Shops are also not really necessary as the AT is an alternative anyways for most payers, too. There would be much more shops if there were more benefits combined with interesting content and certain needs.

Sorry, but the situation now is really far away of beeing interesting or profitable for most EU players with small ped cards.

Provider
    Many shops in Caly are empty because shops are not an automatic money font. You need to know how to use them to your advantage, you need a business plan and operating capital. But they are a superior to auction if you approach them in the right way.

Agree that shops are not for players with few peds. For one thing they cost peds to buy and you have to keep them stocked and you need to market them to drive business to your door.

Mature
    Many shops in Caly are empty because shops are not an automatic money font. You need to know how to use them to your advantage, you need a business plan and operating capital. But they are a superior to auction if you approach them in the right way.

Agree that shops are not for players with few peds. For one thing they cost peds to buy and you have to keep them stocked and you need to market them to drive business to your door.
    Right. And as nobody really cares or is interestend in I conclude that its boring and too much work to go for it else it wouldnt be that empty there.

It needs a refreshing content revamp (like everything else).

Provider
    That's a ridiculous line of reasoning.

You have a bunch of interesting ideas that are unfortunately interspersed with misinformed opinions.

yes it's hard work to be successful. up to the individual whether its worth the effort.

That's a ridiculous line of reasoning.

You have a bunch of interesting ideas that are unfortunately interspersed with misinformed opinions.

yes it's hard work to be successful. up to the individual whether its worth the effort.
    Yep..........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast