Entropia Universe Government general disucssion

The road to self government begins with the people. This thread is for general discussion on the topic.

2. Sponsored Links
    Reserved space

Mature
    The first step would be to get the voting booth put back in game. Voting for any government in EU should be done within the game.

I was under the impression that the CLD system was conceived to eventually enable participation under similar rules as shareholders in a stock corporation. Probably limited to decisions affecting Planet Calypso in this instance, but as a role model for developments elsewhere. At least so I remember it from one of the VU notes around the time CLDs were introduced. Is this still valid, or was this a plan at one time which got stalled or superseded?

Mature
    Quote Originally Posted by San View Post
    I was under the impression that the CLD system was conceived to eventually enable participation under similar rules as shareholders in a stock corporation. Probably limited to decisions affecting Planet Calypso in this instance, but as a role model for developments elsewhere. At least so I remember it from one of the VU notes around the time CLDs were introduced. Is this still valid, or was this a plan at one time which got stalled or superseded?
    As I remember reading, along with the small percentage of revenue they generated , they were also to allow for voting on issues and the system used was similar to a stock holder's meeting where the number of CLDs owned attributed to the weight your vote carried.

Another system that MA started, sucked in money with and then abandoned without completing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sionkiewicz View Post
    As I remember reading, along with the small percentage of revenue they generated , they were also to allow for voting on issues and the system used was similar to a stock holder's meeting where the number of CLDs owned attributed to the weight your vote carried.

Another system that MA started, sucked in money with and then abandoned without completing.
    Yes this is exactly right. This "citizenship scheme" with voting rights was part of the of the original promise.

Regardless, when 50% of your planet's revenue (from the planet owners share) is in private hands, I think the deed holders do have rights to vote on issues regarding that planet and how it is managed. MA shouldn't have to "promise" this, it should be a given. I would like deed holders to have more rights in the avatar charter (if this ever happens).

These deeds were issued 4/5+ years ago and still no voting rights and still no proper land deed system (all shareholders with 9 deeds should have received their X by X land plot without any addition charge). Even when some land plots were introduced, years after the deeds were bought, it was yet another middle finger to the investors when it turned out they would have to pay thousands of peds extra in wood and bid for the land if they wanted it. And then were the plots ever developed into houses? No.

MA treats its players like garbage and its investors even worse than that. This needs to be addressed before there is a coup. Even things like the red quad wings and the invisible armour, it's a complete joke compared to the old days of malls/banks/hangers etc. These establishments improved the economy, improved the experience and added much needed infrastructure to the economy (although the banks were only half implemented imo). These latest sales are obvious cash grabs that require little of no effort to implement and then are only available via the web shop. And the introduction of strongboxes which are no more than glorified scratch cards... I'm not going to go there lol. A total joke.

I really believe EU can be this fantastic thing with endless possibilities moving forward into the future but MA is killing this place. Hence why the establishment of this government is so critical for the future of EU.
    Last edited by matthew; 05-13-2016 at 09:55.

Self-government begins with owning oneself. Do we own our avatars? What happens to our digital assets and personas, should MindArk falter? Of course, this is a rhethorical question now. Are there plans to rewrite the EULA to move in such a direction?

How about Calypso and CLDs and the vague talk about some form of democracy when these were introduced? Is it planned to have the deed holders ultimately decide the fate of the planet? If yes, I propose this: You either get voting rights, or the payouts. But not both.

Hatchling
    Quote Originally Posted by San View Post
    Self-government begins with owning oneself. Do we own our avatars? What happens to our digital assets and personas, should MindArk falter? Of course, this is a rhethorical question now. Are there plans to rewrite the EULA to move in such a direction?

How about Calypso and CLDs and the vague talk about some form of democracy when these were introduced? Is it planned to have the deed holders ultimately decide the fate of the planet? If yes, I propose this: You either get voting rights, or the payouts. But not both.
    Considering in the real world at a moments notice without even doing anything wrong we can be detained for 24 hours, relocated against our will with only being handed a check at gun point, and more, I don't think you can say we own ourselves in the real world atm in most modern countries.