EntropiaForum.com

EntropiaForum.com (http://www.entropiaforum.com/forum/)
-   Skills (http://www.entropiaforum.com/forum/67-skills/)
-   -   Lost skills due to inactivity? (http://www.entropiaforum.com/forum/skills/202359-lost-skills-due-inactivity.html)

Dizzy 01-29-2012 01:09

Lost skills due to inactivity?

Quite awhile ago, (over 2 years ago) I lost all of my skills, attributes, and my items were converted into TT value, if I remember correctly. This was due to being inactive for too long, as I was unable to even launch the game after my computer died. I am not worried about the MU from items lost, but I would really like to know if there is something MA can do to refund at least some of my skills. I spent hard hours on this game, only to come back and see that my well earned skills are gone and now I must start with less HP than when I initially made my avatar.. If you guys have heard of some sort of related success story, please share!

Serica 01-29-2012 02:00

Hi Dizzy.

The Terms of Use say:
Quote:

5.4. Inactivated Account
You further acknowledge and agree that Your Entropia Universe Account will be Terminated if it is not used for a period of seven hundred and fifty (750) consecutive days (i.e., 450 days after Your Account has been deemed Inactive).

You hereby explicitly consent that after the period of 750 days of inactivity Your Entropia Universe Account is deemed to have been abandoned by You. You also agree to assign MindArk and/or MindArk's Partner all rights in Your Terminated Entropia Universe Account according to the procedures established in this paragraph 5. You hereby discharge MindArk, any of MindArk's Partners and their respective officers, directors and employees, from and against any and all claims, demands, liabilities, costs, and expenses to You arising out of, or relating to, Your Terminated Entropia Universe Account.
and also:
Quote:

5.1. Definitions

The following terms referred to in this paragraph will have the following meaning:

Terminated Account (or “Account Termination”) means that the Account is purged and that You will no longer be able to retrieve its contents or to re-activate it to access Entropia Universe. Purging the Account means that, when applicable, all skills will be deleted, any estate deeds will be transferred back to MindArk and/or MindArk's Partner and the virtual objects on the Account will be exchanged for their Trade Terminal (TT) value. The aggregated value will be added to the balance on the PED Card connected to Your Account for You to withdraw if exceeding the minimal withdrawal limit of 1 000 PED. Any pending transactions involving a Terminated Account will be revoked.
Basically, after 750days (nearly 2 yrs) of not logging in, MindArk will terminate your account. All skills are purged, estate deeds revert to MindArk or the Planet Partner. All your items will be converted to their TT value, which is added to any remaining PED card balance. If the balance is over 1kped, you can request a withdrawal.

Once the account is terminated, they won't just 'undo' it and restore things.

I vaguely recall talking to someone several years ago who had persuaded MindArk to reactivate the account for him though, which let him retain the same avatar name (and possibly the attributes). It can't hurt to at least ask for that much in a support case.

Art Jennifer 01-29-2012 20:43

Says in the TOC's. Which you had to tick that you had read, to download the game.........

Jennson 01-31-2012 09:27

Even when you cannot start the game you should at least log into the planetcalypso website now and then to keep your account active. Sorry to hear about your loss, but it could be lost forever.
Still you can try to contact support to see if they can do anything about it.

BR

aia 02-05-2012 09:48

Actually, "reviving" an old avatar might be slightly worse than creating a new one.

Back in vu 9 in sweat camp, there was someone who had gotten his avatar revived, after MA had stripped it on skills and items.

Why it was worse? MA had sold his OJ suit aswell...

Jennson 02-06-2012 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by aia (Post 2584333)
Actually, "reviving" an old avatar might be slightly worse than creating a new one.

Back in vu 9 in sweat camp, there was someone who had gotten his avatar revived, after MA had stripped it on skills and items.

Why it was worse? MA had sold his OJ suit aswell...

Well at least there is something good to get for free on Ark when you lost your OJ

Spawn 02-06-2012 12:00

My bank doesnt close my account. It's a weird rule and it bites Mindark in the back. A rl friend of mine will never play entropia again because he got closed too. He did want to play, after I told him about cryengine. But his account was deleted. Stupid rule. Mindark could have gotten some extra deposits. Now they never will.
Greed will come back at you.

FarmerSmurf 02-18-2012 04:43

however if they made avatars permanent, people would buy land areas, die in RL (eventually) and leave the game "stuck" with undeveloped land...bad enough it happens for 2 years. Consider some items have a limited amount in game and the problem just compounds.

saradu 02-22-2012 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarmerSmurf (Post 2584760)
however if they made avatars permanent, people would buy land areas, die in RL (eventually) and leave the game "stuck" with undeveloped land...bad enough it happens for 2 years. Consider some items have a limited amount in game and the problem just compounds.

That is one good point right there. People die.... then accounts are held and never to be used again.

Spawn 02-23-2012 14:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarmerSmurf (Post 2584760)

yes that's true, didn't think of that.