EntropiaForum.comEntropiaForum.com
  EntropiaForum.com
Home Forum Register Gallery Dev Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EntropiaForum.com > Entropia Universe Interplanetary > Spaceships

Spaceships Entropia Universe spaceships discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2012, 17:57   #1
Hatchling
CozMoDan Inept

Activity Longevity
0/2013/20

Fame: 0 Achievements: 0
Getting to space and what next.

Just returning to game after about a year much has changed, really. I don't see much on space travel nor a sticky with a step by step. Maybe its not that hard but consider me a noob in the first degree and it looks a little confusing.
What I think I know.
1. You need a VTOL with a thruster.
2. You use the up until you get a message that says "Entering space"
3. Things get foggy for me after that.

What I don't know.
1. What do you see on the map when you get there? I read something about a space station but not really sure how that works.
2. Does the map show all the planets so you can navigate to them?
3. If I get attacked can my (L) VTOL be completely destroyed so I have to buy another.
4. How would you proceed if you were me?

As you can see I don't know much.
Remember I am a simple person and need simple advice.

TIA for the help.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2012, 06:04   #2
Mature
Artrat Poor

Activity Longevity
0/2014/20

Jin Artrat Mugen
Soc: Antipodean Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by CozMoDan View Post
Just returning to game after about a year much has changed, really. I don't see much on space travel nor a sticky with a step by step. Maybe its not that hard but consider me a noob in the first degree and it looks a little confusing.
What I think I know.
1. You need a VTOL with a thruster.
2. You use the up until you get a message that says "Entering space"
3. Things get foggy for me after that.

What I don't know.
1. What do you see on the map when you get there? I read something about a space station but not really sure how that works.

You will appear in space above Calypso, iirc you will always spawn in the safe zone. Calypso Space Station will be somewhere not far from where you spawn. The map will show the location of all the planets and space stations. Once you have discovered them it will also show the location of the Cosmic Horror spawning grounds that are located near each space station. Bear in mind that all space is lootable PVP except for small zones around each space station, so carry stackables at your own risk. The radar is disabled, but other vessel and mobs in your vicinity will be indicated by small coloured arrow markers.

Yes

3. If I get attacked can my (L) VTOL be completely destroyed so I have to buy another.

Your VTOL will lose some TT if you take damage from a player or mob. A full TT VTOL can be destroyed and repaired many times over before it becomes unusable

Just get up there and have a look around . As long as you're not carrying stackables it is risk-free (appart from losing a bit of TT if you get pk'd. If you can afford it I'd recommend getting a quad rather than a VTOL, as they are faster and will give you a chance of getting away if attacked by a pirate. If you want to try your hand against Horrors buy a weapon for the driver seat (I think it's the Kismet light laser, but I could be wrong) and head straight towards Next Island from the space station until you hit the training grounds.

As you can see I don't know much.
Remember I am a simple person and need simple advice.

TIA for the help.
Also remember that to land back on the planet a 2 ped fee will be charged to your account. You can also tp down from the space station for about 7 ped.

For other space exploration options you could slways sign up for the repair crews on one of the motherships. Buy yourself an RK-5 and some welding wire (you'll need this anyway to repair your VTOL or Quad) and contact one of the MS owners. You'll see several threads on PCF advertising them.

Hope that helps
Artrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:21   #3
Guardian
Jenny ferr GreenJenny ferr Green

Activity Longevity
1/2020/20

Jennifer Jenny ferr
Soc: Modified Perception
Fame: 24 Achievements: 2

Quote:
Thats just as an OutPost, with Revives and TT's and such.

Yes the planets are visible but you need to look at their Space Stations just outside the planets to see which is which. Map here.

It will be blown up so you need to repair it using RK-5 and Welding Wire, but on the plus side you're (L) vtol will "onlY" lose a few pecs(3-10pec or so for fully repaired VTOL) on it's TT value so it will be alot of deaths before you need to buy a new one

Depends on your need, quick travel: Motherships (~20ped ticket price takes 1min or so to a planet with Warp)
On your own and in no hurry your VTOL is perfectly fine, but don't carry stackables(same items lootable in PVP3&4 is lootable in space), which you only should do on well maintained mother ships anyway (no matter what Quad pilots tell you)
On your own but in a hurry, you would like a Quad
Hope that helps
Old 01-18-2012, 22:01   #4
Hatchling
CozMoDan Inept

Activity Longevity
0/2013/20

That is the best from both of you and I would almost think this should be a sticky. Thank you both!

A couple of other things I forgot to ask is all the equipment the same or do you have to purchase new from the planet you are on. I would think it is the same and you can carry what you need with you.

I think that the pirates are other players, although I thought I read something about another threat from a mob or ship or something.

Are the planets pvp also or just space? I would think that each planet has it own types of mod that you can hunt on the ground. Basically the same as home.

Thanks again to both of you for all the info.

Last edited by CozMoDan; 01-18-2012 at 22:14.
CozMoDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 22:25   #5
Guardian
Jenny ferr GreenJenny ferr Green

Activity Longevity
1/2020/20

Jennifer Jenny ferr
Soc: Modified Perception
Fame: 24 Achievements: 2

Quote:
That is the best from both of you and I would almost think this should be a sticky. Thank you both!

A couple of other things I forgot to ask is all the equipment the same or do you have to purchase new from the planet you are on. I would think it is the same and you can carry what you need with you.

I think that the pirates are other players, although I thought I read something about another threat from a mob or ship or something.

Are the planets pvp also or just space? I would think that each planet has it own types of mod that you can hunt on the ground. Basically the same as home.

ArkadiaForum.com

Planets are just as Calypso they decide what they want on their planet, some have pvp but some dont, Arkadia as example got no PvP at all on the planet.

And you can use your regular equipment on every planet but their own equipments isn't bad (Ark speaking again)

"pirates" are other players yes, and the space mobs is in isolated areas so easy to avoid those.

And again Arkadia got all their own mobs, not a single one you can find in any other place in the Universe
Old 01-18-2012, 23:57   #6
Hatchling
CozMoDan Inept

Activity Longevity
0/2013/20

Jen thanks again for your help I do appreciate it.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:28   #7
Mature
Artrat Poor

Activity Longevity
0/2014/20

Jin Artrat Mugen
Soc: Antipodean Army

Quote:

To add to what Jenny has said, yes, your equipment will work on other planets, with some areas being exceptions. Ancient Greece, on Next Island for example; nearly all items brought with you from the future will be disabled. I believe the Hunt the Thing mission on Rocktropia is similar.

Next Island and Arkadia have their own mobs that are unique to those planets. Rocktropia has some of the Calypso mobs and some of their own.
Artrat is offline   Reply With Quote