Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Hatchling

Question My question Y unnecessary shooting in space?

I have been shot down from same person in space 2 or 3 times he knows I have no loot.. I do respect our pirates n mobs n carry nothing. I have asked him why I don't see the point of this. This is the only way to travel thru space and if its a problem getting to another planet why would I want to keep playing? I love this place. Paying taxis is ok but why can't I and others enjoy our space travel without having the fear of being shot down buy some over eager people?.. I can't call this 1 a pirate he gets nothing from me. He called me a planet traveler.. well yes they are lovely to see and fun to do missions in different places. I would like to know if you will bring back tp to pay to go to Islands or give pirates a zone to shoot themselves so I and my friends can enjoy our Entropia experience in peace? Thank you for your time.

2. Sponsored Links
    Hello Sugar,

if you enter pvp you of course are beyond people who happen to like pvp, some out there enjoy killing others just for fun.
    However there is secure travel options to get from one planet to another by utilizing a mothership/privateer based transport service. Some are very cheap and my own is even beating your quads fuelcosts under certain conditions.
    If you want to find out more just pm me for details

Kind regards
    John
    Last edited by John Black Knight; 09-19-2012 at 09:19.

Shooting ships or avatars in PvP areas is not only allowed, it is expected, and does not constitute harrassment.

As we have explained before, PvP is an essential component of the Entropia Universe space design and is very important in stimulating the growth of local planet economies and interplanetary trade.

My guess is that these so called "pirates" are more interested in an easy pvp hof than actually hoping to get loot from the average traveler. I have considered arming my ship in order to shoot back, thinking if they do want a pvp hof they'll leave me alone once they see I am armed, hoping not to get killed so they can stack up more kills before they hof. I just find it hard to justify spending ped to try and stop them when letting them kill me is mainly a cost on their end followed by green messages on my end.

Way I see it is, thank the pirates for paying for your green messages, repair your ship and be on your way. There is no reason to get mad or upset with them, I'm guessing only someone who's already pretty miserable irl will take on the job as pirate, so pity them if anything.

Killing you once a day or a few times a day, spread out over time is not harassment. However, I am not sure, but i think if a pirate were to kill you over and over and over, just minutes apart, never letting you pass while letting every other ship go through, at some point it does become harassment, even though it is pvp. I don't think that's the case here though.

Old Alpha
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberPunk View Post
    at some point it does become harassment, even though it is pvp. I don't think that's the case here though.
    I'd think so too, but if it "does not constitute harrassment" and is "allowed, it is expected" to shoot down ships, doing that action over and over and over might be the intention behind space being there in the first place... a big hurdle to allowing avatars to freely move between planets... a hurdle which just causes frustration... enough frustration that many probably create alt avatars to put one avatar on each planet... but who knows, maybe that's part of the plan too? After all if everyone has a different avatar on another planet, even though the eula/tos says they can't and they are depositing to feed each of those avatars I guess it might helps stimulate local planet economy?

Provider
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn|MindArk View Post
    Shooting ships or avatars in PvP areas is not only allowed, it is expected, and does not constitute harrassment.

As we have explained before, PvP is an essential component of the Entropia Universe space design and is very important in stimulating the growth of local planet economies and interplanetary trade.
    Except that what is happening now is repeated shooting of the same ship by the same pirate. Said pirate offered to stop if paid off.
    Not really seeing how this benefits anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by KikkiJikki View Post
    Except that what is happening now is repeated shooting of the same ship by the same pirate. Said pirate offered to stop if paid off.
    And that is just plain *WRONG*
    Mrs. Roni RL Jan 21, 2014
    Started EU 11-02-2011

Quote Originally Posted by KikkiJikki View Post
    There is still lots of options you have, you can either fight off the pirate yourself or fly up with a friend who flies out with you going after pirates together if they aproach or having a friend of you wait at the bluezone so when the pirate follows you out your friend can launch right in the pirates back to shoot him down or at least delay him enough for you to get out of sight and change flight route. You can choose to fly at times when less pirate activity is out there or select a privateer or mothership to fly through space safe.
    After all traveling through space when transporting stuff between planets even when its non lootable stuff could be viewed like gaining something for free as you are going to sell it to another economy.
    Back when i was a noob and went to oil rig to pick up some oil for free and make some peds this way by utilizing pvp i soon had to realize that i would get shot again and again and again and again - its quite similar to what we have in space.
    Just because someone is carrying non lootable stuff to sell on another planet doesnt mean he should not be allowed to be attacked - its pvp and people should be ready to fight for making profit or rely on others to fight for them - thats what gets people involved.

IMO the current lootable space is still unfair in regards to loot opportunities though - fuel should influence how fast one can travel and should be lootable to some degree - could even be 2 fuel types one for reserve fuel and one for fuel that influences traveling speed - that way even pirates would have to carry some loot to actually catch someone and people would have the choice to fly with higher risk of getting shot but loosing less value or to travel with higher speed and less risk of getting caught but at risk to loose a higher amount of fuel when caught. This would also make sure that people who transport goods between planets that are not lootable would still carry some risk to make profit.
    Last edited by John Black Knight; 10-19-2012 at 07:43.
    John Black Knight
    Admiral Titans of Space Starfleet (ToS Normandie & ToS Ark Royal)
    <a href=http://www.titans-of-space.com target=_blank>http://www.titans-of-space.com</a>

Dominant
    Quote Originally Posted by John Black Knight View Post
    After all traveling through space when transporting stuff between planets even when its non lootable stuff could be viewed like gaining something for free as you are going to sell it to another economy.
    For the 514:th time, the reason I travel in space is not interplanetary traders. If I want to move stackables between planets, fine, I take a mothership. But if I need to hurry to a planet to enter an event waiting several days for transport or paying >100 ped in fees doesn't feel that great.

Regardless of where it happens, I hate getting shot in my back. Especially if it happens in an area where reviving means you get sent back to the "middle" of the pvp area (or even worse maybe - into a privateer that's out hunting or something). Also it sucks if you meet someone who'll just treat anyone like pvp traning puppets and shoot you down several times in a row. (Asking a socmate to help? Well, how long does it take to get a socmate from Calypso to Rocktropia?)

As for "travel when pirates are less active", well unfortunately I have a rather (imho lol) underpaid job which means I can't spend an hour travel 10:30 in the morning or 04:00 in the night just to avoid piracy activities.

To go between Calypso and Arkadia, and to a degree Rocktropia is no problem - there are several daily flights. But going to Cyrene or Next Island is worse. And it's a hard solved case - as few people go there, I understand that mothership owners don't want to burn 2x warpengine decay for one or two passengers paying less than the decay costs.

In a way I guess space concept has been gotten from another popular space game where it's a big thing with interplanetary traders. And for that purpose, to mimic that game, lootable pvp fits. This game lacks some ingredients that the other game have though, like penalties for the pirate (ie "police ships"), and "insurance".

But pvp/lootable pvp doesn't fit into the model, you have one avatar (people with "alts" circumvents this ofc) and you want to enjoy the content from all game developers. For some people pvp is the reason they play the game, for others getting killed in the back is a major nuicance. Especially because space lacks some of the mediating parts of pvp on planet, for instance the ability to use TP-chip to get to some distance of a dangerous area or quickly get back for revenge, revivals outside of pvp areas (except in some specific cases as land areas on amethera historically are surrounded by strips of pvp), and there is no cost in leaving an area with neighbouring pvp using teleporter.

If you get shot down 10 times at oil rig, each time you revive well outside the area (usually) well out of sight of the killer.
    If you get shot down 10 times in space outside a space station, the killer just can go back to space station and wait for you to fly out again.

And, well on Calypso I can use my TP-chip to travel quickly from one place to another (like Oil Rig to Twin Peaks). In space, I can't use that TP-chip to travel (at least not normally, I haven't tried the complicated way).

(I only have TP-I, TP-II and TP-VI chip..)
    Last edited by aia; 10-20-2012 at 13:13.
    WoF team Sweden
    World of Firepower is coming - We're always looking for good Swedes to represent Sweden, and all support is welcome!

- Sakura, Koufuku 2c - http://web.comhem.se/~u77771572/aia/ -

Mature
    well i dont like pvp and i dont go to space just staying on caly its not fun to fly back from foma just to get robbed on yours ores its real mony. its fine whit pvp 4 and rig its easy to jump in to

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast