Question Number of players online?

Hi Dev team/MindArk

I saw this

on the EVE client loader. The number of players online at that moment 19199.

It's nothing new, have seen it on many MMOs. It gives players an understanding of the load on the servers, peak times etc. Why can't this feature be added to the Entropia Universe Client Loader?

Cheers
    Starfinder XXI: PM me to book a flight!
    Buying: Umbranoid Paste Pot
    Metal flows through my veins!

2. Sponsored Links
    Old Alpha
    MA doesn't want to show how low the population really is? Kind of embarrassing in a MMO if there's fewer than 100 participants online at that time?

Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
    MA doesn't want to show how low the population really is? Kind of embarrassing in a MMO if there's fewer than 100 participants online at that time?
    The online status of my friendlist alone is between 40 to 200 at any given time and im far from having all players added - its very unlikely that your assumption is anywhere close to true.
    My guess would be that there is atleast a few thousand people on at lowest traffic times.
    Please not forget there is loads of players who dodge the main trading hubs to avoid lag and lots and lots of players who have next to no clue of english language - you wont see those on the english forums neither trying to trade in english based trade hubs.
    The population is larger then many might think and entropia certainly has an immense number of very low activity accounts of players who play just once in awhile and keep their accounts as keeping them is free.

The issue with displaying a number of continuous players for entropia might be related to the fact that people would try to compare numbers to other games 1 on 1 without taking into consideration that subscription based games will have a higher numbers of continuous players by nature even if there total number of active accounts was less.
    John Black Knight
    Admiral Titans of Space Starfleet (ToS Normandie & ToS Ark Royal)
    <a href=http://www.titans-of-space.com target=_blank>http://www.titans-of-space.com</a>

when was player register implemnted in game it showed number of active acounts (320k)active acounts for few minutes ... before crashed and afther next VU Fix it dont show it

ToU(5.4. Inactivated Account
    You acknowledge and agree that Your Entropia Universe Account will be deemed Inactive if it has not been logged into for a period of three hundred (300) consecutive days.

as guide you can use Mentor register , there you can see number of mentors on line
    atm 510 mentors on line

MA is scared to show us real numbers of playerbase ,so dont expect anything unless we get 1mill active accounts or so...
    Last edited by T79x; 11-15-2012 at 21:45.

Few Scars watch what you wish for. If they show that number aren't you gona be the first to post that people now use it to manipulate auction, mine when the number is low and spam when the numebr is high? And so on shit that will come with that.

And if they show the number 367 783 online players who will be the first to make a poll: "Do you believe MA for online players?"

Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
    Where you on Calypso when we had that Quad bug going on?