EntropiaForum.comEntropiaForum.com
  EntropiaForum.com
Home Forum Register Gallery Dev Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EntropiaForum.com > Entropia Universe Economy > Entropia Economy

Entropia Economy Entropia Universe economy, prices, trends, deposits & withdrawals discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2012, 10:30   #31
Old
Acronoid Weak

Activity Longevity
0/2019/20

Acronoid Acronoid Deity
Fame: 0 Achievements: 0

@xandra, @battleaxe

To give you the most famous example (in EU) of this: Jenna Star Mercury

Next to the fact that he makes money (from MU) in game; by having taken the right decisions at the right time (like selling out commando to buy an LA and such...).
He also takes advantage of his status to broadcast his playing. Which in turn contributes to advertising money.

If you look at his "stargazing", he pretty much shoots stuff (grinding), which must become boring after a while. Still he does it because it brings in alot of $$$. As do his LA's.

Now, how did he become so successful? He got an idea, he did the math and executed this. He took risks no doubt, but those where calculated.

With stars example I just wanted to point out one thing. If you can make money in EU, you can make money from the web. If you know how to make money of he web efficiently, you can make money in EU.

At last, whenever I play EU (and sadly I like the time atm) I break even, win some money. But mostly I just throw it away again at fun things ingame.

Why? If I wanted to make money, I wouldn't invest in EU. If I do the maths for me; EU potential is way to low in terms of ROI ($/invested hours).

The only reason I play these days is for fun (actually chatting and fun depth mining).

And before you say, you have to be star to make money. No, I know players who make money (albeit with ROI) playing regularly. Especially in mining.

Point is, do you want fun, are trying to prove yourself you can be self dependant in EU.
The first choice means depositing, the second takes knowledge, a bucket-load of time and is boring as hell. (but less boring than sweating, and higher roi).

As final point. It's more a mining perspective. But I must say that I almost broke even on hunting during SGA; and that without big loots (<500ped). my return was 98% including buying and selling MU. And to be honest, in retrospect, if I did not TT a couple things I might have ended break even at least.
Now, hunting I find quite boring, so I did it only over the course of a month, with a starting budget over 1k ped. And it was only about 20k ped cycled in the end, but it gives an indication.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:57   #32
Young
Netvalar Inept

Activity Longevity
0/2010/20

Luke Netvalar Hudson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
MA should change space so that space vehicles use sweat and oil instead of just oil. 2 parts oil, 1 part sweat. They want the seperate economies, etc. that'd do it.

This would most def improve the value of sweat. Though if MA was going to make fuel changes along these lines then I would think that flying vehicles should use jet fuel (2 parts oil 1 part sweat???) and space vehicles should use some sort of thrust fuel (maybe work with the planet partners to make this similar to welding wire where you have ingredients from different planets)
Netvalar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 14:11   #33
Old
Xandra Poor

Activity Longevity
0/2017/20

Xandra MadMaiden Xandottir
Soc: The British Empire

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acronoid View Post
@xandra, @battleaxe

To give you the most famous example (in EU) of this: Jenna Star Mercury
Good choice! Never had anything serious to do with, besides that once I managed, during a land grab, to get Star chasing me half over Amenthera. And not be able to killing me.
One of my best experiences ever. Thx, Star!

I like Star. Even with his old (questionable) name, by which I got knowledge of him first. Never had a problem with, a trustworthy and honest player, to my knowledge.

But he was, when I came, 6 years ago, already a legend. The benefit of the early birth, right? Guess any hard core player coming in that early time had this. At least if they didn't TT too much of their shadow armor looted, and kept a few sets?

We CND babies wasn't blessed this way anymore. Good stuff didn't loot anymore, even then. Only from unreachable huge mobs, like spiders. Starting with me, I doubt that even a Star would have reached it's current size. Some of my Soc friends tried, using big money, but failed.

But this is ways off topic and only suited to remember the "good old times [tm]". So let's stop it, right?
This is about the value of sweat, and discussing the use of external tools as well as the awesome success of early adaptors isn't exactly on topic, right?

Have a good time!
Xandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 14:59
x9_x9_haiduong
This message has been deleted by JohnCapital. Reason: spam
Old 01-04-2013, 06:11
ci5tbuptin1
This message has been deleted by Serica. Reason: 2.1 - English only
Old 01-04-2013, 11:09
sfichivoi
This message has been deleted by Serica. Reason: spambot
Old 01-09-2013, 16:03   #34
Hatchling
Ianto Ironwood Inept

Activity Longevity
0/209/20

As a new player, I have to agree with arco that playing for profit is a bit tiresome in this game. Possible for sure. I have played short of 3 weeks and with no deposits, I have a pretty decent collection of basic gear and funds. No real tricks to it. I just hunt for the basic materials people want and sell the trash. The highs I get on the materials covers the costs. *shrug*

As for the price of sweat. Ive actually noticed a gradual uptick in the cost lately. My current buyer is buying for 2.1 to 2.3 ped. Which is way better then when I started at 1.7 and 1.9. I suppose its mostly because my buyer is selling to trainees.
Ianto Ironwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 23:54   #35
Hatchling
maige Inept

Activity Longevity
0/209/20

Maige Matthews
Soc: Freelancer
Post From a new new Noob's POV...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto Ironwood View Post
As a new player, I have to agree with arco that playing for profit is a bit tiresome in this game. Possible for sure. I have played short of 3 weeks and with no deposits, I have a pretty decent collection of basic gear and funds. No real tricks to it. I just hunt for the basic materials people want and sell the trash. The highs I get on the materials covers the costs. *shrug*

As for the price of sweat. Ive actually noticed a gradual uptick in the cost lately. My current buyer is buying for 2.1 to 2.3 ped. Which is way better then when I started at 1.7 and 1.9. I suppose its mostly because my buyer is selling to trainees.

1)On average, how much Sweat can you make per hour or minute?
2)How much does basic gear, materials and funds cost? And what's your gear's Decay to Sweat ratio?
3)Would it help having more Buyers?
4)How much PED does the Buyer sell per hour or day?
5)Would it help having more Entropians farming the fields for sweat?
6)If you can start all over, what would be an adequate PED investment to turn a profit?
7)And would you pick another location to start your endeavor; if so, where?

I ask you these questions from the standpoint of having the intentions to do what you're doing, but I have yet to enter the EU. You see, I want to get it as right as possible on the first try. Although it may not be perfect, it demn well would be very close to it. With your upmost help; ofcourse. So, with this inquiry I do not mean any harm, protest, or offensive. I am an extremely curious noob with a ton of questions...

Like any noob, I obviously have a ton of questions.
For relational purposes & reasoning: I have two, level 30, CR 89 full Norseman characters on DC Universe, thus I'm not that much of a noob to MMORPG. And yet i come here, humbling myself as one, because I know nothing of this new world set before me.

Btw, It's nice over there, but u can't make real money, and it's honestly not a real deal MMO. It's more of a spoof of DC comics.

RL: I'm a 32yr. dude, landlord/super-intendent/lawyer that hobbies as a body builder, yoga, runner, and all around outdoor sportsman.

Now, from what I understand so far (with my intentions on eventually creating a financial vehicle that makes PEDs for me) that i should start out by Faping, repair Decay, and/or farming the fields for Sweat. I'm an insomniac with a lot of scheduled time on my hands, so I'm fine to start off with doing just about all of that.

I'm also a FPS, so if there's a huntin' via DSR-50 fully modded w/ a FMJ Dual Banded sniper rifle mounted on some low oxygen leveled, distant Himalayan mountain somewhere; well then that'll be my little vacate get-away.

I don't mind starting off a Freelancer Outkast from Soc, especially not until I moved up the ranks and earned my stripes.
But I heard things get done much quicker and easier for me if I become the Disciple of a great Mentor. A Mentor that's well-rounded in knowledge and/or humble enough to point new Entropians to the right path of it, one that can see the unique qualities that every noob brings to the round table and knows how to bring the best out of his Disciples.

Okay, just to curb my enthusiasm a bit and prevent from ranting off a barrage of questions, please help me out with just a few inquiries.

Understanding my prospective, from what u read thus far, what would be an adequate amount of starter PED capital and sufficient tact needed to begin my endeavor in to the vast world of PE. Enough whereas all I would need from then on is time, understanding and, above all, patience to sow & reap the harvest of Entropian success?

That includes being relatively armored up and adequately weapon geared for the undeniably occasional, Mob attack and, of course your usual, yet untimely spontaneous, Robot Invasion. Much rather, how much PED I need for just this "experience" by its self?

And at Last, but not least, are there any thick books, ancient guide scrolls, and/or strategy pamphlets out there for PE; that are not so much of an old dusty, out-of-date, obsolete relic but morally constitutes the brimstone-foundational base support of this world called Entropia?
It'll really suck if there aren't any! LOL

Thank you, in advance, for your time, patience and understanding when reading and replying to this ever-so-elongated email...

Your Potential Disciple,
Maige
maige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 00:00   #36
Hatchling
maige Inept

Activity Longevity
0/209/20

Maige Matthews
Post Hey, who put a door, with no knob, on this thread???

Hey, optimism knocking over here. How yah doing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandra View Post
Hi,

Good choice! Never had anything serious to do with, besides that once I managed, during a land grab, to get Star chasing me half over Amenthera. And not be able to killing me.
One of my best experiences ever. Thx, Star!

I like Star. Even with his old (questionable) name, by which I got knowledge of him first. Never had a problem with, a trustworthy and honest player, to my knowledge.

But he was, when I came, 6 years ago, already a legend. The benefit of the early birth, right? Guess any hard core player coming in that early time had this. At least if they didn't TT too much of their shadow armor looted, and kept a few sets?

We CND babies wasn't blessed this way anymore. Good stuff didn't loot anymore, even then. Only from unreachable huge mobs, like spiders. Starting with me, I doubt that even a Star would have reached it's current size. Some of my Soc friends tried, using big money, but failed.

But this is ways off topic and only suited to remember the "good old times [tm]". So let's stop it, right?
This is about the value of sweat, and discussing the use of external tools as well as the awesome success of early adaptors isn't exactly on topic, right?

Have a good time!
What are these "external tools" and "early adaptors" that you speak of?

Understanding my prospective, from what u read thus far, what would be an adequate amount of starter PED capital and sufficient tact needed to begin my endeavor in to the vast world of PE. Enough whereas all I would need from then on is time, understanding and, above all, patience to sow & reap the harvest of Entropian success?

That includes being relatively armored up and adequately weapon geared for the undeniably occasional, Mob attack and, of course your usual, yet untimely spontaneous, Robot Invasion. Much rather, how much PED I need for just this "experience" by its self?

And at Last, but not least, are there any thick books, ancient guide scrolls, and/or strategy pamphlets out there for PE; that are not so much of an old dusty, out-of-date, obsolete relic but morally constitutes the brimstone-foundational base support of this world called Entropia?

Thank you, in advance, for your time, patience and understanding when reading and replying to this ever-so-elongated email...

Your Potential Disciple,
Maige
Old 01-20-2013, 05:39   #37
Serica Weak

Activity Longevity
3/2018/20

Harena Serica Turbinis
Soc: Antipodean Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by maige View Post
Hey, optimism knocking over here. How yah doing?

What are these "external tools" and "early adaptors" that you speak of?

Your Potential Disciple,
Maige
Hi Maige, and welcome to the Entropian Universe

How much ped ? Entirely up to you, noone is ever required to deposit at all. If and when you do, the amount is up to you.
How much you think you might need depends a lot on just how you want to play and what you can afford, and only you can decide that.
I usually suggest new players start with taking a good long look around, read all they can, talk to other players, make a few wishlists and then just .. start playing

The 'classic' guide for new players is Alice's Guide: http://rp.apachenet.de/downloads/Ent...erse_Guide.pdf
Some of it (eg the beacon mission chapter) is a little out of date now, but overall it's very useful information which covers a lot of ground for new starters.
Serica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:59   #38
Old Alpha
Nor Alien BeginnerNor Alien Beginner

Activity Longevity
3/2020/20

Soc: The Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serica View Post
Hi Maige, and welcome to the Entropian Universe

How much ped ? Entirely up to you, noone is ever required to deposit at all. If and when you do, the amount is up to you.
How much you think you might need depends a lot on just how you want to play and what you can afford, and only you can decide that.
I usually suggest new players start with taking a good long look around, read all they can, talk to other players, make a few wishlists and then just .. start playing

The 'classic' guide for new players is Alice's Guide: http://rp.apachenet.de/downloads/Ent...erse_Guide.pdf
Some of it (eg the beacon mission chapter) is a little out of date now, but overall it's very useful information which covers a lot of ground for new starters.
Almost any amount.. Minimum 10 US dollars, at least it was last time I deposited!!
Old 01-20-2013, 06:58   #39
Hatchling
maige Inept

Activity Longevity
0/209/20

Maige Matthews
Post New player experience...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
MA should change space so that space vehicles use sweat and oil instead of just oil. 2 parts oil, 1 part sweat. They want the seperate economies, etc. that'd do it.
Okay, I agree with this concept, but it should be 1 part oil, 2 parts sweat.

Now don't get too mad at my noob ideas here that I'm about to put you on to.
Add a NOS-type attachment to those old space vehicles with a temporary boost in speed (or even better, a ping space jump) to match up against the new space vehicles, exclusively for new players; free with every new account with a 600+ PED (average video game price) installment and locked until the new player reaches the skill level in a specific profession that uses sweat as a resource for production.
Both the NOS and the new space vehicles use an exuberant amount of sweat. MA throws incentive races to NOS equipped and new space vehicles only. The reward is about 3 to 5 times the amount sweat needed to throw the race.
A hand full of them old filters are needed on them old space vehicles to prevent over heat and burn outs.
Got a few more ideas, if you're interested...
Old 01-20-2013, 07:12   #40
Hatchling
maige Inept

Activity Longevity
0/209/20

Maige Matthews
Post Selling ideas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netvalar View Post
Sweating doesn't cost MA anything as it gets sold to other players who obviously have deposited.

Now my opinion is that new BP should come out using not only sweat but other items that become worthless. Maybe BP isn't the only place that the economy can be injected with usage??? So other then sweat there is the basic filter that needs more uses.

If MA wanted to increase ME usage a new advanced TP could become available that allows TP to space station. Of course something like that would decrease demand for thrusters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acronoid View Post
Unless there is a technical reason that you cannot deposit; in which case this below is not valid for you.

You have a computer and internet and some free time. Now instead of sweating; you could do many things that make more money without leaving your computer. type in the words "make money on the internet" and see what fits you. You can keep a blog (heck, even entropia related), fill in enquetes, write stories, take pictures and sell them,...

bottom line is, to all ppl here that think they are poor; you have a computer, internet and free time. The only thing missing is some inspiration and know how; and before you know it you'll have more then enough money to spend on EU and some pocket money in RL.

And if you bring that know how you'll learn while, to EU, you will even succeed to make money here... (although you start to realise that EU is very very poor source of income compared to about anything else)

Always thrive forwards! Victory non Vengeance
Hey, you think there's a way to sell my ideas to the MA developers? My ideas are a critique on financial basics. It's like a mix of a financial planner with a MMO lover. But honestly, if MA just let a financial planner take a look at the dynamics of their books, then they'll really find some ways to bend the rules a little.
Such as providing incentives to exclusive new players with initial 600+ PED installments. The incentives are locked until the player reaches a certain skill level in any area the MA team wants more players working on.
What do you guys think?