Post Planet Calypso, Virtual Business Makes Real Money Profits - Internetbits

Daily Mail

Planet Calypso, Virtual Business Makes Real Money Profits
    Internetbits
    The virtual gaming planet, Planet Calypso, was launched in 2003. It is part of the Entropia Universe and the first sci-fi planet developed for the social ...

Internet estate agent sells virtual nightclub on an asteroid in online game ... Daily Mail
    Entropia Universe Gamer Rakes In 500K Selling Virtual Property Latest Endeavor
    In Largest Virtual Transaction Ever, Real Sale of Pretend Nightclub Nets Half ... Popular Science

all 7 news articles

News feed provided by Google News.

2. Sponsored Links
    Hatchling
    I so hate this complete and utter BS. What about the thousands of people who regularly lose money in this game. Why not do a press release about them

Old
    Quote Originally Posted by Katentropia View Post
    I so hate this complete and utter BS. What about the thousands of people who regularly lose money in this game. Why not do a press release about them
    I understand that MA not going to promote money losing.
    But i also dislike articles like in OP mentioned. I'm leading a beginner soc and articles like this leads into alot of new ppl joining and trying to make the big cash. Dialogs like this happen:
    Newbie: Can you tell me where i find the right mobs to make money ?
    me: what you mean ?
    Newbie: This in the chat window where ppl killed creatures with PED value
    me: sorry, isnt usually possible to make money
    Newbie: why ?
    me: what you see means someone killed or found something with this value but it doesnt tell you, how much they have spent to get it
    me: usual its very hard to earn some PEDs. Its a real cash economy so dont expect you can get something for free
    Newbie: oh
    Newbie: ok, but i wont take the money away. i will it spend for weapons and stuff, just to keep me on playing
    me: oh man, most ppl deposite to keep on playing
    socmate1: hey socmate2, how much have you deposited ?
    socmate2: arround 800$ in 5 years
    me: wow, thats less !
    socmate2: yeah, mostly i was at sweat camp
    Newbie: 800$ ??!!

I havent seen this newbie since this...

So what...