Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Rapid Fire Reviews: EVE and Entropia Universe - Virginia Tech Collegiate Times

Rapid Fire Reviews: EVE and Entropia Universe
    Virginia Tech Collegiate Times
    EVE Online is a massive, multiplayer online role-playing space combat game and seems to be one of the only science ...

More...

News feed provided by Google News.

2. Sponsored Links
    Considering what he thought about this game, I'm glad that Bertha isn't a communist whom censures newsarticles.

On another note, I recommend Eve: Online to anybody with a brain who wants a merciless game filled with sociopaths who will do anything to ruin your life. It's okay to scam people. It's okay to pirate people. Steal from them. Infiltrate a corporation (like infiltrating a "soc") to bash their heads open when they are at their weekest moment. Eve: Online gets' 5/5 skulls filled with blood from me.

Worth to know is that Eve: Online offers 14 days free gametime, even though players can give away a buddy-key for 21 days.

I figured, if Bertha Bot is allowed to write about Eve: Online, it must be okay for me. Entropia Universe and Eve: Online are the games that I value most.
    ‎"Harry tried to mold me into the image of the
    monster he thought I was. He told me to flee human connection, so
    that became a way of life for me. But with Lumen I'm someone
    different. In her eyes, I'm not a monster at all."

'but it looks like if this is something you wanted to try, you needed to have started years ago.'

What a rush job of a review. I give this review a 2 out of 10 stars.

When you review a product you have to really sink your teeth into it.

A good analogy would be: a guy only got to the airport(in some exotic destination) didn`t like the color of the cabs, went back to his country and wrote a travel guide about the whole country.

PED = Planet Entropia Dollars

hmm I always thought it was:

PED = Project Entropia Dollars

So cant really give that review a good review lol

sad thing is players who haven't played PE/EU might not see it our way

I am a current EVE subscriber and love it. I used to LOVE Entropia Universe before VU 10. MindArk had a beautiful world for us. The current state of EU is Ok, but it's just not as magical as it used to be.

This review gets two thumbs down. Noob logs in, goes sweating, decides he doesn't like sweating so deposits $10, cries because he doesn't know how to use his money properly instead of taking the time figure out what he should do with it, then writes a whiney review article stating you have to have started years ago to be able to enjoy the game.

Sounds to me like an instant-gratification junkie who should stick with mindless and effortless Xbox games that give you step-by-step instructions on how to succeed as you go along.

At least he didn't try to compare Eve with EU

Eu is more the kind of a Social Platform, fighting against the PVE content and sharing knowledge how to exploit the possibilitys to minnimize PED loss while Eve is more about PvP and getting an edge over your fellow co players with espionage, theft of shared equipment and massive battles over lucrative space ressources and territorys.

I play both and compared to the mass of entertainment offers from the gaming industry this two are my absolute favorites

Hatchling
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiona Simmons View Post
    Eu is more the kind of a Social Platform, fighting against the PVE content and sharing knowledge how to exploit the possibilitys to minnimize PED loss while Eve is more about PvP and getting an edge over your fellow co players with espionage, theft of shared equipment and massive battles over lucrative space ressources and territorys.

I play both and compared to the mass of entertainment offers from the gaming industry this two are my absolute favorites
    Eve is more social than EU. There is a WAY higher ration of ppl using voice in Eve than in EU. There are more chatting possibilities in Eve than in EU.
    EU has nothing over Eve... not even graphics.

Hatchling
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Ice View Post
    This review gets two thumbs down. Noob logs in, goes sweating, decides he doesn't like sweating so deposits $10, cries because he doesn't know how to use his money properly instead of taking the time figure out what he should do with it, then writes a whiney review article stating you have to have started years ago to be able to enjoy the game.

Sounds to me like an instant-gratification junkie who should stick with mindless and effortless Xbox games that give you step-by-step instructions on how to succeed as you go along.
    The funny thing about your comment is that players who started years ago feel the same way as noobs do nowdays. Not sure what this guy was thinking tbh. EVE and EU are totally different in every way

I like his comment:
    But my enjoyment of the game really stopped there, as I learned Planet Calypso’s colonization efforts pretty much consisted of, “Here is a gun, some mining equipment and no money. Enjoy the dangerous wilderness!”
    I was dropped off in a spacecraft and told to go fuck myself after deposting. At least he got some equipment out of it lol.

But seriously, EVE is totally different. Its like comparing apples to elephants. Only real similarity is they are MMOs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast