Old Alpha

interesting things with estates.

reluctant to post this since estates do need boosts like this, but afraid to not post it since we don't want lag city everywhere...

Noticed that I didn't get the message when storage/inventory maxed out so decided to look at some estate terminals... look at this screenie and the max count!

It's obviously a bug, but since EU is dynamic, I consider it a new undocumented feature, at least for now, as it is somewhat beneficial as they should up the item counts, just not quite that much, lol. One-three thousand items per estate would be a nice welcome feature... but 65k - that's a bit much....

If anyone takes advantage of this new feature, it's just utilizing the system as it has always been, not really what I'd call exploiting... as the low max number of items that used to exist was really MA exploiting us sort of... The existence of this "feature" indicates to me that their excuse that upping item slots will cause too much lag is a bunch of BS. The system can handle a heck of a lot more then what they claim it can.

Ironically, even though I did use this feature, and put a heck of a lot of blueprints in my shop, the number of sales is still not going anywhere since so few people visit, even though Omegaton is just around the corner from Neas, lol. Young crafters, if you want blueprints, now's the time to get em... come one come all. Hurry though because I've got no idea how long this feature will last. Prices are below auction when possible (sometimes not possible since minimum markup is +1 in a shop, and sometimes stuff in auctions have lower then +1 markup). If you do come buy, please allow about a minute or so for the items to show up on screen. Takes a little while as there is so many... don't rush in, walk in slowly.

Make use of the system now because I doubt it'll be around like this too long. The owner of the place simply puts down as many items as the system will allow until the message comes up that other participants can take the stuff or that the estate is full, like usual. Only now that full estate message does not seem to come up because they've changed the max item count on the places. It's a dynamic change that I welcome, just feel that it's a bit much, and probably was one of those dynamic changes that was so dynamic they didn't notice it at first, and probably won't til they read this.

Imagine if every apartment in a building filled up with 65k items... talk about lag city. That's the only reason I post this is because while I think it's a great "feature" for those of us that log in every day, and I feel that most estates should have like 1k item max at minimum to really be functional and useful, I also suspect it'll be a problem later on if everyone fills their places up to the max, if there even is a max right now? Strangely, or maybe not too strangely, I don't forsee that happening though as most apartment owners don't ever pay their monthly fees anyways to gain access. That's why I'm posting here at ef instead of over at cpf, even though the screenie is over there and has been a day or two so far. Shows you how much they watch their own forum, lol.

I don't know... Part of the reason I didn't post about this til now is that I had a hunch that this might even be a new undocumented feature to get the complainers/whiners at cpf to shut up with their complaints about Medusa and how it'll change the real estate market. ... sort of a free gift from MA|FPC... to get the estate owners that already own estates to be a little happier at their current residence, at least until the Medusa sell is done, but I might be way off base there. Even if they do change it, I am very thankful that this little buggy feature is here since it's let my own estate be like I'd always envisioned it to be many years from now. Gives me a nice warm fuzzy feeling to take screenies of what a "real" shop should be like in game. Might post screenies later. Thanks for the early holiday present, even if it doesn't last long.

Probably shooting myself in the foot by posting this since they will inevitably change things back the way they used to be, but I really don't want to hurt the community too much by making the entire game too laggy that no one can log in. I'll let the vehicle owners that want to park 50 vehicles at Twin take care of that for me, lol.

Hopefully, if/when they do fix this, they'll do as they have done in the past and leave the items that are above the max where they are, in the estates, so as to not frustrate the customer/estate owner(s) that are just using the system that they created. In the past, I think (never had personal experience with this in the past but have seen some pimped out apartments in the past that did have similar "features" added for a while in the distant past) when a bug like this crept in they let the items stay put in the estates, but made the max show up so if you picked something up or it sold, you could not replace it in the estate until you got below max item count... either by picking the stuff up yourself as estate owner of having item purchased by others who came buy and bought from the estate.

This little bug/feature appears to affect all avatars, not just estate owners as max items in inventory/storage limit appears to be gone, at least for now... Hopefully this is a prediction of some nice new feature that will be documented and "official" like 2k limit max on items in an estate and 1k on items in inventory or something, but only time will tell. Till then it's only an undocumented "feature," and that feature may change in the future. Hopefully this will shed some light on them that the estates can handle many more item slots then they've given us so far and they'll up that limit for good for all estates. ... or at least the ones unlike Medusa, that have to pay monthly fees.

Also, there appears to possibly be bugged booths again where if you drop items in booth you get message that others can pick it up, which is a bad thing, and something that I'd be highly irritated about if I only owned a booth and not a booth and a shop. If you own a shop and see that happening to you, please report it asap to fix the problem. Last time that happened, when vu 10 came out, it took them a quarter of a year to fix it!!! Hopefully it won't take that long to fix this time round.
    Last edited by mastermesh; 12-07-2010 at 15:32.

2. Sponsored Links
    Banned
    bad boy lol

Yay, 65K plush toys in one apartment! Screenshot anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
    This little bug/feature appears to affect all avatars, not just estate owners as max items in inventory/storage limit appears to be gone
    The item limit in the carried inventory was officially removed in the 11.3.0 VU (Sept. 2010).

Old Alpha
    been thinking about this... if you got an estate and lots of stuff you could put it in there, and if they do clean this mess up and move the stuff to storage, it could potentially be a way to get more then the max 500 put in to storage... just like happened at vu 10 when resettlement storage containers came in to being. Saves a few peds in going to an astroid or other planet to dump in to storage if they fix this by moving the stuff to storage. Otherwise, makes for nice screenies while stuff is in the estate.

sorry to anyone experiencing lag. Just working with the system given to us to use.

Banned
    huys, maybe you'll think am old fashon and maybe i am, but to be adult and responsibl would mean to not wait the boss or you dad (MA here) tells you it's a bug and can generously decrease performances for all users or something like that. (if it does decrease it)

Old Alpha
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Ward View Post
    huys, maybe you'll think am old fashon and maybe i am, but to be adult and responsibl would mean to not wait the boss or you dad (MA here) tells you it's a bug and can generously decrease performances for all users or something like that. (if it does decrease it)

Guess if the issue bothers you that much, the blueprints that are out almost all have markup on them so you could start buying them...

Just using the system provided. If you have a problem with the system itself, that's an issue to take up with FPC and MA not the end users that are just working in the system that they provided us. As the eula says, things are "as is"....

If it drags on too long I might start putting them away.

However, it took a lot of hours to create this in game "art," and would probably take just as many to take it all down, which is time I don't have at the moment.

As a real world artist, it always irritates me when idiots want to deface public sculpture, etc. just because they have closed minds. As long as I have these out, the issue is very visible... so the odds that they will fix it are greater. Would actually encourage others to put more stuff in their estates too as then the issue is even more visible to all. If the lag starts hurting their daily revenue they'll get a programmer on it, I'm sure.
    Last edited by mastermesh; 12-09-2010 at 19:46.

lol.. its funny how you justify it mesh. - ; )

i justify it by saying.. fuck it.

Banned
    - the issue doesn't bother me

- i have no problem with the system itself, you're free to do what you want, there are tagers in rl, even if they call themselves artists, they can have a bill to pay to society if they get cought
    - I don't play on your planet so chances i come buy your bp are pretty poor hehe

- If you're assuming am an idiot, well every opinions are in nature, just letting know am artist too hehe, well an artist never thinks he is, people tells him he is