Mining extractor efficiency

Just a quick question, and since the forum is still getting back on its feet, I'm sure this might come up from others.

I know there have been quite a few answers to this, but wanted it to be here.

1..the efficiency of extractors only effects the speed and amount per pull??

or

2... does the efficiency number actually change the amount of ore retrieved AND speed??

I know that per pull the TT extractor is cheaper on decay than say the 105.. so if its a small deposit found its probably better to use the TT... or so I thought. But if the better efficiency 105 pulls slightly more ore, then wouldn't that be better?

I've been asking around and gotten mixed answers... I've always believed it was faster... but now I think I've confused myself. lol

2. Sponsored Links
    Young
    Version 2 is correct, its like.. TT extractor pulls 15-18 of Lysterium stone per time and Excavator: OreMiner OM-102(what I use mostly) pulls 45-50 stones per time.

Thankyou for the response, I just realized that I need to clarify the 2nd one..

I know it pulls more per pull but does higher efficiency of the extractor result in more ore overall received compared to the TT regardless of time?

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrellyWrath View Post
    Thankyou for the response, I just realized that I need to clarify the 2nd one..

I know it pulls more per pull but does higher efficiency of the extractor result in more ore overall received compared to the TT regardless of time?
    All finds have a set value range.
    For example say you got a VI (Modest), the PED value of the claim is in between 4.50 PED and 5.99 PED.
    Say your VI Claim has a value of 5.99 PED, regardless of what extractor you use you will get 5.99 PED of ore out of the claim. A more efficient Extractor will let you pull up the ore faster by taking more of the ore in the claim per pull resulting in less pulls & time for extracting your claim.

So to answer your question with the above explanation, no. A more efficient extractor will not give your more TT and overall ore extracted regardless of the time spent extracting it.
    Do you ever look out a window, see a bird and wonder,
    Is that bird carrying a global?