Hatchling

Mining respawn question

Hi there,

I've returned to EU after a long stay away and went straight to mine on the asteroid. I went to a particular biodome, basically carpet bombed it all over (ever 40X40m coordinate) and did pretty well. I mapped every single find, surveying gain etc. I only mine EM.

I went back there today, 3 days later. I went to the first 2 claims I found and got 2 hits, though they were slightly lower than before and different EMs. I then checked another 4 claims, and didnt hit anything, not even when I bombed around them in a 9X9 box fashion, Though one gave me 8 surveying skill gains.

Can anybody tell me if I've been wasting my time - mapping an entire biodome from corner to corner, marking coordinates on the map, and hoping that the next time I'll come I'll know which areas to go to? Or else was it simply because the biodome has no mobs and that particular biodome was mined that day? Or does the EM change to ore? or something of the sort?

Or else - is it all random? I'm just confused, and feel I'e either done a huge task with no return, or else was simply unlucky because somebody had mined that area.

Last but not least - the ultimate question - does surveying mean anything, especially on the asteroid?

2. Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmentorr View Post
    Hi there,

I've returned to EU after a long stay away and went straight to mine on the asteroid. I went to a particular biodome, basically carpet bombed it all over (ever 40X40m coordinate) and did pretty well. I mapped every single find, surveying gain etc. I only mine EM.

I went back there today, 3 days later. I went to the first 2 claims I found and got 2 hits, though they were slightly lower than before and different EMs. I then checked another 4 claims, and didnt hit anything, not even when I bombed around them in a 9X9 box fashion, Though one gave me 8 surveying skill gains.

Can anybody tell me if I've been wasting my time - mapping an entire biodome from corner to corner, marking coordinates on the map, and hoping that the next time I'll come I'll know which areas to go to? Or else was it simply because the biodome has no mobs and that particular biodome was mined that day? Or does the EM change to ore? or something of the sort?

Or else - is it all random? I'm just confused, and feel I'e either done a huge task with no return, or else was simply unlucky because somebody had mined that area.

Last but not least - the ultimate question - does surveying mean anything, especially on the asteroid?
    Well as for the 8 surv gains, well i don'T think there is any other meaning than: You got 8 surv gains. I can'T speak for FOMA, because i only mine planetside, though i believe the spawnpoint of the claim is pretty random. There are a couple of theories, but it all comes to the practical point ( at least i think so) , just go to an area where you know the stuff you are looking for spawns and drop your bombs/probes.