Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Old Alpha

Since shop bugs are back, is there any way you folks can fix them soon?!?

Apparently the shop bugs are back... Some Estates are non-functional yet again. Please get this fixed. It's like many months go with no fixes, then we get a fix, and then the fix goes away in a few days. Since estates are one of the highest marked up items in game, and this is a REAL CASH ECONOMY, it might be a good idea to nail these bugs for good soon, and make sure that they stay away. Stuff like this affects the economy on many multiple levels because shops, just like the auction, play an important role in the entire economic balance of the virtual universe. They impact supply and demand in the entire virtual universe.

I'm pretty sure the non-functionality of estates is a platform issue, and that it's been going on for many, many, many months now... Please fix the problems.

The last major set of estate bugs came in to the game when the last of the deer mall shops went on the auction, right around the time Medusa Head entered the game. Now that Arkadia is about to go live, we see the same darn problems starting to show up.

Should we expect estates to stop functioning every time a new planet partner or new continent on any planet is added?!?

Will there be any form of compensation to the estate owners for these problems that have been going on for so many months now since the 'service' that the platform offers through the deeds is/was (may continue to be?) non-functioning?

Several years ago the personal revival owners were paid quite a large sum of peds when MA bought back the revives after it was discovered they unbalanced the system

http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...ival-Terminals

and some booth owners that had bugged booths were paid off with a shopkeeper if the rumors on the forums were true.
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...5k#post1514504

These massive estate bugs and non-functioning estates are huge balancing issues that, at least to me, seem to far exceed the amount of unbalancing was happening related to those incidents...
    Last edited by mastermesh; 05-19-2011 at 03:36.

2. Sponsored Links
    what is the shop bug that is back

Both of my Apartments are unusable right now though my booth is still working(luckily)

The issue with my apartments is that while i have 200 item slots inside, the entire apartment is now set to 'display area' So right now I have 172/0 items in my display area and 0/200 indoors.

Old Alpha
    the bug lets you remove the items that are in the estate, but not replace them with other items. I'm also not sure if anyone can actually 'buy' things in the affected shops or not? As Narfi mentioned, it's not just shops... it's some apartments, some shops, some other places too... really hit and miss. Seems to be a Platform/Mindark issue, which is why I'm asking about it here.

Really hit and miss. Omegaton is definitely affected. I think I read somewhere that Genesis is too? I think other locations might be hit too. The problem is from the server side, the problems are probably not able to be seen instantly since the items in the database are actually in the estates. The problem comes in when looking at max item count on estate terminal, or in moving items around in the estates.
    Last edited by mastermesh; 05-20-2011 at 10:31.

i see well i will check the shop i am managing atm and see what i find and report back.

i didn't try to remove an item but i was able to place a item in shop and price it. twin mall shop if it matters.

Old Alpha
    It affects my apartments and shop, but not the booth (yet) so there is definitely something oddball that's really hit and miss as to what's affected since all of my estates are in the same building.

Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
    It affects my apartments and shop, but not the booth (yet) so there is definitely something oddball that's really hit and miss as to what's affected since all of my estates are in the same building.
    oh this was a mall shop at twin. i was able to move and set prices about 12 hours ago as well. maybe its just an apartment bug

Old Alpha
    Well, the apartment part of this darn bug is fixed, at least temporarily, but the shops in the basement of the apartment buildings are NOT fixed yet. Kim, support ticket is in on this and they just 'forwarded to the team in charge for further consideration' whoever that team is? Is Mindark or the Planet Partner the team responsible for this type of problem? Should we expect this to happen every darn time a new planet partner gets ready to add new content?

Hatchling
    I hope MA will fix it ASAP, I have issues in both my Shops outside areas :/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast