Guardian

Next Island Ripping off PA?

Posted this here, but thought i may as well post in a neutral forum just incase they decide to ban me for it/delete the thread...

Ok, so the backstory link finally worked for me today, and i was shocked with what i found

Elysium Ability Assessment

Now, what can we see here?

Firstly, theres the famous stairs from new port atlantis, leading to a platform above like port atlantis, similar archtecture etc, ok fine, similar design is mildly acceptable, still pretty lazy and lame because its not original, but could be built by the same builders, so forgivable.

In the background however, you can see the famous old pa walls, that are now a very strong point in calypso's ongoing history, the last remaining part from the destruction typhoon caused, which really forms the icing on the cake here that begins to take the piss, theres no valid excuse to rip pa off right down to a historic feature that can only exsist in one place in the universe.

What i would love to know, is why did you feel the need to throw being original out the window, and rip off one of the oldest planets in entropia most of the playerbase has nostalgic and sentimental ties to?

How can you have any hope of this planet lasting if you just rip off bigger, better and more successfull planets in the universe?

Im going to assume somehow you managed to get permission to do so, but, why would you want to?

What kind of dev team do you have now that means you have to resort to this?
    How many, and what skills do they have?

Personally this place started out with some promise, but it seems day by day you just find more and more ways to ensure this planet becomes the first failed planet in entropia, lets be honest, your close to it now, people only really visiting atm to get the attributes before you remove the missions.

Stuff like this really isnt good for entropia as a whole and its platform, do you guys even know what your doing?

Prior to this post did you even know you had ripped off one of the most famous citys in entropia?

The only lasting good i can see this place has acieved is helping mindark figure out how to launch a planet fully in one release, leading to the success that is arkadia.

Doubt ill get a response from someone in charge, but i just felt at the least i needed to express my view.

Best Regards,
    Stave Petty
    Calypso Desert Rangers
    Last edited by Stave Petty; 06-06-2011 at 19:44.

2. Sponsored Links
    Old Alpha
    Hanne did say there was a shared resource folder for all planets... Maybe background environments are a part of that package? Can't seem to get anyone that would know at MA or the planet partners to tell us what exactly is in the shared folder. Hanne probably wasn't even suppossed to mention it, but she probably had to in case people wonder why snablesnots are on another planet or something?

Look at how many mobs are 'shared' since they show up in the Arkadia materials blueprint book.

http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...-Arkadia-books

Apparently, even the beloved eomon are a 'shared' mob.

Guardian
    My concern isnt weather its shared or not, im sure they are allowed to use it.

Its more the fact that they did it, and threw being original out of the window, even more so using a histoical landmark such as old pa walls.

Everyone has their point of view on ni so far, and ripping off such a well known place to that extent, isnt exactly the way to repair their image and turn the place into a future success is it.

Lmfao

Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
    Hanne did say there was a shared resource folder for all planets... Maybe background environments are a part of that package? Can't seem to get anyone that would know at MA or the planet partners to tell us what exactly is in the shared folder. Hanne probably wasn't even suppossed to mention it, but she probably had to in case people wonder why snablesnots are on another planet or something?

Look at how many mobs are 'shared' since they show up in the Arkadia materials blueprint book.

http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...-Arkadia-books

Apparently, even the beloved eomon are a 'shared' mob.

that sucks......
    Last edited by digihax420; 02-21-2012 at 17:29.