The Entropia Universe Concept

June 8th

When reading Entropia Universe-related forums we have found that you have some questions about the universe concept and overall balancing of the economy, items, mobs, etc. With this post we hope to clarify this for you.

All planets in Entropia Universe are part of the same universe where all participants can choose to travel between them. Each participant can transport items and, in the future, also pets. This is part of the Entropia Universe concept where the planets, economy, balancing, etc. are all linked.

The Real Cash Economy in Entropia Universe is interplanetary; only one currency, Project Entropia Dollar (PED) , is valid on all planets and the PED is pegged to the US Dollar with a fixed exchange rate of 10 to 1. This means that your activities - traveling, trades, etc. - affect the market values and the economical balance in the entire Entropia Universe.

The ownership and intellectual property rights to the planet resources - e.g. items, vegetation, mobs, etc. - belong to either the Planet Partner or to MindArk. The Planet Partner resources only spawn at that planet, while resources owned by MindArk can spawn on any planet in the universe, even though some of the MindArk resources are designed to spawn on specific planets. Both of these types of resources can be transported between planets with your help: take them with you on your travels throughout the universe.

Entropia Universe is a universe with several planets and is constantly growing. Already today, items and mobs can be available on several planets; either from the aid of traveling avatars or when different Planet Partners choose to include the same resources when creating their planet. The most common category to be found on several planets is crude material. This is also the category that will have the greatest demand between planets, since some crude materials are only available on one planet, but can be ingredients to recipes on another planet.

Universe Balance

MindArk is responsible for maintaining the balance throughout the entire Entropia Universe, no matter if the balancing concerns an object on one planet or all of them.

For example, if one item is rarely found on one planet, it will not suddenly be common on another, or if animals that are only available through rare DNA on one planet those animals will not suddenly be commonly spawned on another planet. Also, the released number of estates and land areas is restricted to keep the planet and universe in balance.

Platform and Content Development

MindArk is the developer of the platform, including development of new features, systems and services while the Planet Partners is responsible for creation of most of the content you see and use on their specific planet. Therefore, each planet can use what MindArk develops differently to suit the specific planet and its environments the best.

- Wiz master -

Originally Posted Here

2. Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertha Bot View Post
    For example, if one item is rarely found on one planet, it will not suddenly be common on another,...
    Lol, what?

Your actions shout so loud i cannot hear what you're saying...

... or if animals that are only available through rare DNA on one planet those animals will not suddenly be commonly spawned on another planet.
    Ok, guys, is this candid camera or something?

This must be some cruel joke, really... this all HAPPENED already, and you didn't feel the need to comment.

A "will not happen AGAIN" would be more appropriate... not that anyone out there will believe it though...

- Wiz master -

Wait... who? "Grand master B" from "Married... with Children"?

No, seriously - stop using my nick.

Self-Requested Deactivation
    I too had to raise an eyebrow at those comments Wizzszz, because indeed they have happened already.

My question is ... have they done something to stop it from happening again ... and ... was the first time these things happened intentional, or one of those anomalies they spoke of in their response here?

Quote Originally Posted by MindStar9 View Post
    I too had to raise an eyebrow at those comments Wizzszz, because indeed they have happened already.

My question is ... have they done something to stop it from happening again ... and ... was the first time these things happened intentional, or one of those anomalies they spoke of in their response here?
    It`s pretty lame of them they didn`t come clean with the scanner issue. Had to lie saying was normal what happened. Item value for many scanners dropped 4-5X times due to insanely frequent drops. How can this be something by design?

MA has admitted in the past balancing errors such as raining with shadow parts and imp2870 guns from snable or something similar. That was known fact admitted by them. Why did they feel the need to lie this time around?
    I guess they`ve lied because of not having to compensate the people like myself who have lost a lot of value with this balancing failure. So was easier to say was by design than to admit error and try to fix it. They`ve taken the easy way out again.

This PR will work only on Noobs
    anyone who has some experience whit MindArk know totaly different story..

Mature
    hmmmz , lets talk about hanger owners and their motherships.

wasn't there the the thing that when the release "space" comes that MA is feeling the need to overwelm the market with mother ships ?

like 3 in auction to start with
    and evry day after one more till they think they have enough proffit made.

and the ship contests
    fighter and again motherships .....

i rase a ? on this aswell.

Sounds like MA's usuall half year BS PR stunt

Hatchling
    Quote Originally Posted by T79x View Post
    whit MindArk know totaly different story..
    MA STYLE

Cool

OWNED*