Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Young
    In Calypso, because in there, exist the 85-90% of population of EU.

As you are a newbie.. you will need help. While more people, help is more easy to find

2. Sponsored Links
    New players realy have only a choise of 2 planets atm. Arkadia and Calypso.

Currently Arkadia is quite a new planet and still a bit under development. The dev team of Arkadia is mainly focusing on the new player experiance at this moment. The Arkadia Dev team is awsome and put other planet partners to shame with their openess and willingness to comunicate BS free.

Arkadia also have a load of Advisors whos willing to help out with any questions ingame and on forum and the comunity rocks with friendlyness ingame and on the official forum. In August we can expect a huge update on Arkadia that will fix the economy (Seperation of recourses between planets and lootable space was implemented after the creation of blueprints) and also add a lot to the new player experiance with missions and some extras. For learning the basic systems Arkadia set a new standard with their tutorials @ the Firebases.

Calypso on the otherhand currently boost the most active players and active economy but futher development on Caly may now fall into jeporday due to MA reposessing the planet from the Planet partner giving them not only the Platform to develop but also Space and Calypso.

Witch ever planet you choose does not matter all that much as you can change you planet anytime by hireing a Pilot (20 - 35 PED) only diffrance being that the planet you choose first will for ever get a share of the revenue you generate regardless of what planet you move to latter on.

As for my personal choise I have relocated to Arkadia because I believe that in less then 2 years Arkadia will overtake Calypso and leave them and anyother planet that exists and is in the piplene for the futre in the dust. Arkadia dev team has a standard that is near imposible to surpass
    Last edited by Kitsune; 07-16-2011 at 17:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune View Post
    ...The Arkadia Dev team is awsome and put other planet partners to shame with their openess and willingness to comunicate BS free...
    ...Arkadia dev team has a standard that is near imposible to surpass
    They're either paying you to say this or you are on the Arkadia development team?

Quote Originally Posted by Mischief View Post
    They're either paying you to say this or you are on the Arkadia development team?
    Nearly right .. he's one of the Arkadia Advisers.

Lol mate just read the forums and spend some time online with them and you will see what im saying. Travel to the planet and take a look at the efford done with information to new players and effort put into items and their description and you will also see this.
    Yes im part of the Advisors but we dont get any rewards or payment we are strictly volanteer based and my opinion about this is not bought its earned by their actions and comunication and what I have seen with my own eyes.

Sad when someone thinks you have to be paid to say something nice about someone who earned it.
    You have an account on the forum (1 post sins registration 3 months ago) so go ahead and ask them a fair question. Or even better on the main page click the Developer posts button and read everything they have ever posted.
    Last edited by Kitsune; 07-17-2011 at 08:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune View Post
    Lol mate just read the forums and spend some time online with them and you will see what im saying. Travel to the planet and take a look at the efford done with information to new players and effort put into items and their description and you will also see this.
    Yes im part of the Advisors but we dont get any rewards or payment we are strictly volanteer based and my opinion about this is not bought its earned by their actions and comunication and what I have seen with my own eyes.

Sad when someone thinks you have to be paid to say something nice about someone who earned it.
    You have an account on the forum (1 post sins registration 3 months ago) so go ahead and ask them a fair question. Or even better on the main page click the Developer posts button and read everything they have ever posted.
    Sorry if I offended you in any way, Kitsune, that was not my intention.
    Thing is that your post was so full of what seemed to me as selfabsorbness that I had to question it.
    If Arkadia really is this good, well then I am the first to apologize. I've been there, hunted, mined for a few days. Nothing special in my book, but then again, I didn't peek under the hood much.

Sorry if I offended you in any way, Kitsune, that was not my intention.
    Thing is that your post was so full of what seemed to me as selfabsorbness that I had to question it.
    If Arkadia really is this good, well then I am the first to apologize. I've been there, hunted, mined for a few days. Nothing special in my book, but then again, I didn't peek under the hood much.

Hay no probs man. I just wanted to clear up that im not saying these things about the dev team beacuse im influenced by other factors and that its my own opinion
    As you say there is nothign special about the planet (the actual planet) ass is but this will change and become a unique experiance in time Generaly it may be better atm for newbs that want to sell sweat to start on Caly but if theyre not intrested in that then Arkadia will provide them with a big headstart in understanding basic systems.

Hatchling
    sry for the n00bie question but
    if i started on calypso can i swop to an other then? or am
    i stuck on calypso? or how does it work nowdays?
    havent played PE in 9yrs so im a beginner again =)

hi cujo, welcome back to EU

To move to another planet, you now fly thru Space, either in your own ship, or you can pay a pilot to fly you. If you're on Calypso, look for piloting services on offer in Port Atlantis and Twin Peaks.

To fly yourself, you will need a Space Thruster and a Sleipnir or Quad, suitably armed.

Warning! All of Space, other than the 'safe' zones around the Space Stations is lootable pvp.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12