Idea for Arabian type planet

Ok, I came up with an idea for a new Arabian-type planet. (Ali Baba, Aladdin, etc.) Here it is:

Ranged
    No laser, BLP, plasma, etc.
    Crossbows replace Fire Forge, Bravos, etc.
    Bow/arrow replace Carbines
    They'll still shoot straight, even though letting them drop like rockets/grenade launchers would be more "realistic"

Melee
    Long/short blades, whips, clubs, etc.

MindForce = Magic Genies
    No MF implants (locking out regular MF chips also)
    New "implants" are lamps
    New "Inserter" needed to open magic potential
    The new "MF chips" are now "Djinn". Magic genie each doing different actions (attack, strike, heal, etc.)

The animations and effects this would allow should be visually stunning. The hunter holds a lamp in his hands with Djinn (mf chip) floating out of it (size depending upon the strength of the chip) And the Djinn throw flames, ice, lightning bolts, etc. depending on the type of Djinn (again the attack effect increases in size based on the Djinn used.)

The attack Djinn will be decent enough cost as to allow hunters to tag w/ crossbow, and do most of the hunting w/ attack Djinn.

Mining
    Not too sure how to turn this into a Arabian concept, other than the finders are treasure seeking Djinn now.

Crafting
    Crafting machines look like anvil & tools

No Vehicles allowed

Land
    It would be almost all desert, except for small "oasis" outposts, and towns.

The visual appeal would be almost all the Djinn hunting animation, instead of just beautiful scenery.

Mobs
    Sabakuma-like sand worms
    Wolves
    Vultures
    Orcs-type "mutants"
    You get the idea

That's the general idea. Mostly it's a mindforce (magic) world. I know it sounds semi-W.O.W.ish, but that's not my intent.

Thoughts? Critiques?
    Always willing to learn

2. Sponsored Links
    One word:

Dune.

{removed}
    Last edited by JohnCapital; 07-16-2011 at 01:38. Reason: 4.1
    Laudanum
    Welcoming new and advanced players!
    Nymphtown Castle
    Aesthetic Arts for your Entropian and Real World home.

Yeah obviously this isn't a fantastically unique idea. There's plenty of MMOs & other games that use this genre. However, the issue of porting it into the EU Universe and focusing and MF is the main point I was trying to convey.
    Always willing to learn

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCapital View Post
    Yeah obviously this isn't a fantastically unique idea. There's plenty of MMOs & other games that use this genre. However, the issue of porting it into the EU Universe and focusing and MF is the main point I was trying to convey.
    I like the idea, and personally am looking forward to an Arabian feel planet because of the different approaches to that setting that can be used successfully. Though Im not sure monsters are the way to go on every planet. I hope at least some developer will give a more "human" feel to the antagonists here. Add some confusion into the mix.

Instead of being owners of a planet, the players are forced to choose one side of many. Affiliate themselves with a city state that has its own personality, and then have the available enemies be features seen in the other city states.

Dune references, sandworms, would be great. I'd also like to see an approach to a desertified world with a decadent culture reminiscent of the AD&D world Athas, of the Dark Sun setting.
    Laudanum
    Welcoming new and advanced players!
    Nymphtown Castle
    Aesthetic Arts for your Entropian and Real World home.

Dunno what JC removed from the above reply.

But hey

Bi-lal kaifa

http://dune2k.com/

Crew weapons: Traction trebuchets!
    They're highly portable and were used in the crusades.

Alpha AG Geek \\ Founder- Manticore // VU 7.5 Colonist

Great one JC!

I like that idea and either Medieval times or something with insects and aliens as mobs..Ok I will stop