Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    kill one hundred gazillion chirpy's!!!

2. Sponsored Links
    Mature
    I haven't really done many missions simply since attribute rewards encourage waiting. I've a low(ish) skilled avatar & with the way skills / att's work I should really wait as long as possible. If the skills (or other rewards of equal value to all avatars i.e. Stamina or items) were given first I'd do as many of those as I'm qualified for.

Honestly though, I like the sandbox aspect of EU and quests aren't why I'm here.
    "What the wise do in the beginning, fools do in the end."

Plenty of grinding missions are available so far, but there are not enough storyline missions - or rather they need to be developed further to carry stories forward.

Cheers!

Miles

Young
    The missions are great as far as I am concerned (A bit more variety/types would be nice)

The main issue I have is the quest rewards are (Well basically for the most part shit)

Would this work?

You get a mission to kill 1000 <insert mob> and during that hunt 1-5% of the ped value of all loot is "saved" and removed (Like taxes)

As a mission reward you get a generic reward like now and and the 1-5% loot returned to you in Peds.

I know people will complain about losing MU but just think after killing 10k argos and get the sweet loot box at the end

Kim, I'm glad you're asking about this.

There's a number of issues with the missions on Gateway for new Calypso players, which could use some work - particularly since the change to the mining equipment.

If you have an opportunity to do so, we'd appreciate you taking a look at the Calypso Guides forum on planetcalypsoforum.com.

Regards, Serica

Young
    The main problem with the mission system as it stands now is the crazy grinding factor. They should be a lot more storyline based and rely on some intelligence / puzzles etc.

I also like the idea of getting a good item at the end of tough missions as opposed to a little skill and a worthless prize (got a cup after finishing the aurli mission...I mean come on...).

Also a mixed / tree type mission paths would make sense (i.e kill 100 trox then 100 spiders then 100 kreltin then 100 robots in that order for example).

I REALLY think we are missing a quest where you have to kill.. 721 of mob X.. I mean.. With those round numbers just gets plain boring after some time!..

Young
    ive finished feff iron and bronze,est iron,atrox iron and bronze,very close to finishing sumima iron
    i like the grindingaspect,i really dont care about storytelling at all..id wish you guys made more silver and gold missions ,lots of hardcore hunters have finished the bronze missions

i know for me the missions made me grind 10 hours a day again,they reinspired me to hunt,
    skillrewards are great but make the endmission on an mob(goldmission) reward some sort of item

Quote Originally Posted by fluske View Post
    ive finished feff iron and bronze,est iron,atrox iron and bronze,very close to finishing sumima iron
    i like the grindingaspect,i really dont care about storytelling at all..id wish you guys made more silver and gold missions ,lots of hardcore hunters have finished the bronze missions

i know for me the missions made me grind 10 hours a day again,they reinspired me to hunt,
    skillrewards are great but make the endmission on an mob(goldmission) reward some sort of item
    Not many ppl would reach "gold" so I for one (and i never would reach it) think the end reward should be a choice between a L imk2 type weapon with 3000 PED TT value.

Surely MA will have earned 3000 PED off each hunter once a gold mission has been finished.

Young
    Quote Originally Posted by starfinder View Post
    Not many ppl would reach "gold" so I for one (and i never would reach it) think the end reward should be a choice between a L imk2 type weapon with 3000 PED TT value.

Surely MA will have earned 3000 PED off each hunter once a gold mission has been finished.
    i was just thinking a great reward would be if ya finish an x amount of missions then reward with an 0 tt good unlimited armour like protector of the empire or something,
    make it hard to reach,but i am sure it would inspire lots of people to grind for years,i know i would and i cycle 5000-6000 peds daily

and if its given at 0 tt it dont cost ma anything

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast