Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Dominant
    The only/main thing I'm a bit annoyed over is two missing opportunitys of stamina gains a few people got (Rocktropia where mission rewards were changed after 24 hours and after change no stamina gain opportunity, and Next Island where the mission NPC needed to complete the mission has vanished without another way of getting the stamina gain).

For rocktropia I of course don't mean the possibility to get stamina gain over and over again from same mission (as it originally was), but get it *once* for completing a mission that's doable with limited time and budget.

And, well of course the beacon missions.
    WoF team Sweden
    World of Firepower is coming - We're always looking for good Swedes to represent Sweden, and all support is welcome!

- Sakura, Koufuku 2c - http://web.comhem.se/~u77771572/aia/ -

2. Sponsored Links
    Young
    Kim,

Is any of this striking any chords with MA? Would be good to get some feedback on this.

Cheers,
    A

Young
    I'd like to see some sort of "Epic" mission chain. This type of mission would need to have perhaps dozens, if not hundreds of possible endings and rewards. It could incorporate several parts of different professions to finish depending on choices made. The planet partners should collaborate and make this one mission chain involve all of the planets, with different possible arcs leading to different planets. One such mission would take months for the community to find every possible ending, during which time you could be designing the next one, which may or may not have anything to do with the first.

Rewards should range from attributes, to skills, to actual items, depending on how far into the mission you are. The size of this mission may warrant UL items (with 0.00 TT initially) be given as rewards. Getting an item from the mission chain would probably have more meaning to the person receiving it than a person who got something from a lucky hof.

Hatchling
    About mission, but also achievement, UI make it visible on all planets... I'd like to see NI or Rocktropia missions being on Calypso

Mature
    Quote Originally Posted by Toggle View Post
    I'd like to see some sort of "Epic" mission chain. This type of mission would need to have perhaps dozens, if not hundreds of possible endings and rewards. It could incorporate several parts of different professions to finish depending on choices made. The planet partners should collaborate and make this one mission chain involve all of the planets, with different possible arcs leading to different planets. One such mission would take months for the community to find every possible ending, during which time you could be designing the next one, which may or may not have anything to do with the first.
    I'll be blunt. I think this sounds like a fun concept for a game. However, it sound NOTHING like Entropia. Selecting a path and locking yourself to it is a model that occurs very infrequently in EU, and the places it does show up (mentioned in my wall of text post) are detrimental to the open-ended feel that MindArk has worked hard to maintain for 99.9% of the game.

EU players like that we aren't forced to select a single profession. We're anti-linearity. I don't imagine the same folks would suddenly jump for joy over being forced to select a single path through a mission chain.

This is not to say that an epic mission chain is a bad idea, just that the structure mentioned above could be a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Toggle View Post
    Rewards should range from attributes, to skills, to actual items, depending on how far into the mission you are. The size of this mission may warrant UL items (with 0.00 TT initially) be given as rewards. Getting an item from the mission chain would probably have more meaning to the person receiving it than a person who got something from a lucky hof.
    I've actually been convinced in a previous discussion that rewarding skills/attributes is a shaky idea (or at least that the way we're doing it now is bad). Essentially, the skill gap in EU becomes larger faster, because the highly skilled players can complete more missions. This doesn't sound so bad at first, but the snowballing makes it difficult for new players to start the game, and we need new players to start the game.

Plus one skill point for a very highly skilled player is worth far more to them than one skill point for a new player.

Old
    Aside from attributes, skill rewards are much more beneficial to lower level players. They help them close the gaps in pro standings with higher level players.

Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    Aside from attributes, skill rewards are much more beneficial to lower level players. They help them close the gaps in pro standings with higher level players.
    I wouldnt want entropia become a game that aims to close 'gaps'.
    There are enough of those 'other' MMORPG's out there where you can level from 0-80 in 1-2 weeks.
    In Entropia a high prof standing is something to be proud of and thats the way it should be.
    And this is comming from a player who is nowhere close to any high prof standing.

Mature
    Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    Nah, higher level players complete more Missions in general.

Old
    I would like to see partial killcounts, if I'm in team of 2 & I do 60% dmg & my teamm8 does 40% i should get 0.6 killpoints & he 0.4. This should improve the social status on missionmobs (wich there are more & more of). How often do you see teams on & missionmob these days? Maybe it would be an idea to give less points/kill when in team, like 0.8 ( or less based on the amount of teammembers) due to the fact that in team it's easier/faster/cheaper to grind.

While doing the storyline missions where you have to go to location a, b & c.. I would like to see all vehicles & tpchips disabled so you actually have to explore some area's. It's way too easy to load up a tpchip or take a vtol atm.

While tracking a missionmob, I'd like to see a small killcounter that I can move to whereever I want on my screen.