Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Hatchling
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim|MindArk View Post
    It was my decision, martial was too abundant and cheap which made higher up armors pretty much worthless.
    Wow, thank you for a quick answer
    You have more insight in this than me, considering you're from MA and all, so...
    Lets just say I hope you guys are keeping a good balance here.

Have a nice day

2. Sponsored Links
    Young
    It was my decision, martial was too abundant and cheap which made higher up armors pretty much worthless.
    Should it not be abundant, considering the fact that a sizable chunk of the player base that hunts is in the "mid level" range that it's intended for? People with the higher up armors are going to keep using them because they need that for the uber mobs.

Also wouldn't having large amounts of TT being burned up on L armor be a good thing for MA's bottom line? As it is now fewer people buy it because the MU is too high to be worth it, and that means more MU for the players and less decay for MA.

I don't really see how its a beneficial decision to either the players or MA. If it were UL, I could see that, but too many people using L items is bad now?

Planet Calypso Official Kim|Calypso's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toggle View Post
    Should it not be abundant, considering the fact that a sizable chunk of the player base that hunts is in the "mid level" range that it's intended for? People with the higher up armors are going to keep using them because they need that for the uber mobs.

Also wouldn't having large amounts of TT being burned up on L armor be a good thing for MA's bottom line? As it is now fewer people buy it because the MU is too high to be worth it, and that means more MU for the players and less decay for MA.

I don't really see how its a beneficial decision to either the players or MA. If it were UL, I could see that, but too many people using L items is bad now?
    The markup was so low that there was no reason to buy unlimited armor of the same or higher protection level. I want the markup to be high enough to encourage investment in unlimited armor while at the same time low enough not to discourage use. This balance is exceedingly difficult to reach.
    Mr Kim H.R. Welter
    Game Designer, MindArk PE AB

Provider
    The markup was so low that there was no reason to buy unlimited armor of the same or higher protection level. I want the markup to be high enough to encourage investment in unlimited armor while at the same time low enough not to discourage use. This balance is exceedingly difficult to reach.
    Understandable reason.. Now, can you poke the balance Manager so I can get my Angel set complete???

Damn, I did it again!

Sorry for the speculative response to Lorthis post, Kim. It wasn't my intention to start a debate on the subject.

Mature
    Is this supposed to mean that unlimited armor better than Martial is actually still lootable?
    I'm an incurable optimist...

Old
    & as a result of that.. hunting segs for mu is now worthless wich in return makes my salamander set pretty much worthless

Young
    This seems to be devolving into an off topic rant on how drop rates on Martial ruined the game.

Back on topic, if Martial is supposed to be rarer, we need the armor gaps filled then desperately, we need more mid level armors that don't cost thousands and thousands of dollars and are readily available. We either need more UL armors dropping or cheaper L armors.

Provider
    Ok, not exactly a gap, but a solution for weapon with low TT-value that are tiered up,
    they need some type of attachment, or crafted improvement, to increase their TT-value.
    Quite annoying to be forced to have a bunch of them just to do a decent run, imo...

This is ofc about UL stuff...

Planet Calypso Official Kim|Calypso's Avatar
    So with regards to armor you would say that the gap is between jaguar etc and angel?
    Mr Kim H.R. Welter
    Game Designer, MindArk PE AB

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast