Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Doesnt this just mean that FOMA is even more inconvenienced compared to Hell than before? Now, not only is it easier (from what I understand) and safer to go there, but back as well? Why would anyone go to FOMA rather than Hell then?

2. Sponsored Links
    Mature
    Buying foma doome 10k peds

Wounder how much ores a trader will need to buy to profit... Now when a mothership is needed to get to calypso hahaha

MA killed foma and looted a big bulk of pissed customers.

MA its not all about space... Some actually still like planets and astroids...

Me thinks its time to get a life boat cause the captain is drilling holes in the boat

Young
    Crap wish I had known so I could have gone on one final bombing run before they closed it off.

Ah well with Mr.PVP in charge of Calypso why would I expect any different.

I'll miss going to Foma for mining runs....

XZC

Old
    This is a terrible idea and one of the worst changes that could have been made.

It is one thing to use lootable space to introduce separation between planets which are (or can become) large and diverse enough to maintain an internal economy which negates the need to transport stackables at the risk of losing them.

But applying the same scenario to FOMA and CP is a different thing entirely. These places do not have the same diversity and it is simply not possible for them to develop an internal economy in the same way. Transporting goods from CP and FOMA to a planet is not optional, it's essential.

CP especially will be dead if this change is not reversed.

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg View Post
    It is one thing to use lootable space to introduce separation between planets which are (or can become) large and diverse enough to maintain an internal economy which negates the need to transport stackables at the risk of losing them.
    Agreed, especially since FOMA and CP are not even planets of their own, but rather part of the Calypso system. (and I do not even use them)

Dominant
    Quote Originally Posted by Xander Zan Catman View Post
    I'll miss going to Foma for mining runs....

XZC
    Someone will probably say that this is a great opportunity for the miners on CP to thrive, that they now can mine and b able to sell their mined goods on the local market.

Also that Molisk hunting on FOMA/Old CND will boom, because of the demand in beginner-level tailoring.
    WoF team Sweden
    World of Firepower is coming - We're always looking for good Swedes to represent Sweden, and all support is welcome!

- Sakura, Koufuku 2c - http://web.comhem.se/~u77771572/aia/ -

Young
    Quote Originally Posted by aia View Post
    Someone will probably say that this is a great opportunity for the miners on CP to thrive, that they now can mine and b able to sell their mined goods on the local market.

Also that Molisk hunting on FOMA/Old CND will boom, because of the demand in beginner-level tailoring.
    There is no mining on CP.
    There is no local market. The only thing that really sells on Foma is mining amps.
    There is also mostly no molisk or mobs at all on FOMA these days.

Dominant
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Saber View Post
    There is also mostly no molisk or mobs at all on FOMA these days.
    Actually, I don't ever recall having seen any molisks in CND. I've seen fouls, but technician doesn't sell any BPs that uses foul bone buttons.

As for mining on CP, it was technically possible at least in beginning of VU10, but as far as I know noone actually found any deposit there.
    WoF team Sweden
    World of Firepower is coming - We're always looking for good Swedes to represent Sweden, and all support is welcome!

- Sakura, Koufuku 2c - http://web.comhem.se/~u77771572/aia/ -

Young
    Quote Originally Posted by aia View Post
    Actually, I don't ever recall having seen any molisks in CND.
    domes 8 & 11....but they are just babies and tiny spawn.

Anyway...back on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg View Post
    This is a terrible idea and one of the worst changes that could have been made.

But applying the same scenario to FOMA and CP is a different thing entirely. These places do not have the same diversity and it is simply not possible for them to develop an internal economy in the same way. Transporting goods from CP and FOMA to a planet is not optional, it's essential.

CP especially will be dead if this change is not reversed.
    Great Post Oleg.
    Last edited by Steve Saber; 09-16-2011 at 15:37.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast