Hatchling

Unhappy Ingots and enmatter go up while BSM go down

In recent weeks, the price of ingots went up, for example, narcanisum ingot went from 125% to 134%. But basic sheet metal went low to 146%, which was 155%. And the residues went from 109% to 108%.

What's wrong? why would those crafters sell products at lower price while the raw material has higher price?
    As a new crafter, I am really confused.

2. Sponsored Links
    Hatchling
    I'm not a crafter at all, but I guess that I have the answer, alicenies required for that BP is TT food (hearing what my soc mates says) and it used to be sold at 120% or more in past years... Arctic realesed few days ago and new Space realesed this week are keeping lots of players so there're less miners and crafters around so the market can be a bit strange, wait for 1-2 week and to have a more stable situation

Sorry if I said idiot things but this is my vision, and I'm a pure hunter since a year

Probably because a lot of people are clicking basic sheet metal, hence driving up the demand for the materials made to make it, and lowering the supply for the product :P
    Loot sucks, then you ATH.

Old Alpha
    It's Fall.

Usually a lot of new participants show up in the months of August - May when school is in session at various colleges, etc. because more people are spending more time inside due to weather, and also talking to friends that play the game, etc. This always results in some n00bs putting cash in and doing something, and sometimes that's crafting or mining, which CAN AND DOES impact markup on ores and crafted stuff using that ores.

It's called a free market system so nothing is 'wrong.' It's DYNAMIC so learn to adapt. Otherwise you are looking to give yourself a lot of headaches.

Get over your confusion and stop trying to predict what the market will do and you might have a happier life. Playing with the market in threads like this might actually a violation of ToU now?

http://legal.entropiauniverse.com/le...rms-of-use.xml
    o. You may not interfere in any way with the virtual economy of Entropia Universe and/or with other Participants’ ability to use or enjoy the auction system or any other trading system in Entropia Universe. The foregoing includes, without limitations, the prohibition of manipulation or cause to manipulate statistical data, directly or indirectly. This prohibitions includes, without limitation, prohibition of price manipulation and/or price fixing regarding virtual items on the auction system.
    Buy what you know you personally will use on your avatar and buy as cheaply as you can to do that... If that means you need to deposit more to buy enough for 5k clicks in one run save up irl til you can do that. Typically if you buy in bigger quantities on auction you can get better deals since the market manipulators are looking for the low quantity bids so they can cause market manipulations on small scale for their day to day activities. They don't ususally have the ped card to do the gigantic bids. Serious crafters that want to do huge runs do. +1 added to an auction on an item that has 10k quantity on auction sell has a lot less impact in markup on that gigantic amount then +1 on one ore does, etc. Like IRL, sometimes it is cheaper to buy wholesale.
    Last edited by mastermesh; 10-10-2011 at 05:28.

Provider
    I can only see one probleme there... and that is that all those ores are too cheap. In EU history, Niks was 200%. Now it has more uses. It has one of the largest market values from all ores, and for some reason, stupid people keep listing it under 150%, just because some people managed to manipulate the price to stay that low.

And the way they did it is simple. They listed lots of low stacks of niks at prices lower and lower, making it that there are lots of pages in auction. Idiot miners, always try to list cheapest, just for a fast sale, that making the market to crash ever further. However, if you ever add up all the niks in auction you will see that it is not enough for one crafter to make a huge run. And many crafters use a lot of niks every day.

Because niks is low, narc is also low. Many crafters that would craft would niks, would move to narc oriented BP's because is cheapper.

It is true. The amps are also cheap. Residue is also cheap. Too cheap actually. Those are not manipulated by players to be like that. Is what market made them to be. However, if markup on mining amps. residue and some ores would go up, result would be that there would be places for lots to make profit. The loses would be mostly on people that like to craft and gamble, not use residue and TT most of the loot. But those are hopeless anyway, so where is the loss?

My point is that you look at this is the wrong way. You wont make more profit if stuff you use is cheap. You make more profit if stuff you sell covers the costs. If all in economy is cheap, almost nothing you can do can result in products that can cover the cost.
    We do not forgive!
    We do not forget!
    We are legion!
    Expect us!

Niks is cheap because you can reliably get it on almost every drop you make in certain areas in game, so people mass mine it..
    Loot sucks, then you ATH.

Dominant
    Didn't exactly this happened like 2 years ago and same thead got created?

First market value goes up and down all the time.

Secondly, it's not only the cost of resources that sets the price but also the demand of the product. If more BSM is made than is actually used in crafting, then prices can go down. Theoretically, a few people who notice they would sell at a loss will stop crafting, price of materials might go down a bit and the price of BSM go up a bit. Theoretically, the last people to stop crafting BSM will be the miners who mine their minerals and gets more for their BSM than they get for their raw materials from a trader.

(I say "theoretically" because crafting aswell is mining is a bit, uh, random. If you spend 10 ped mining bombs you won't get exactly 10 ped minerals all the time, and if you use 10 ped materials you won't get 10 ped of crafted items all the time.)
    WoF team Sweden
    World of Firepower is coming - We're always looking for good Swedes to represent Sweden, and all support is welcome!

- Sakura, Koufuku 2c - http://web.comhem.se/~u77771572/aia/ -

Quote Originally Posted by Acrit View Post
    As a new crafter, I am really confused.
    Don't be. As people have said, there are numerous reasons why prices go up and down. Though it helps to figure it out, it dosen't matter; as long as you are flexible in how you craft, you'll do ok.

Avoid sheet metal for a while if it hurts, and do other metal bps - you can do simple I ruds if you have an ok skillset, the materials are uber low MU and available from mobs. Or try something else that dosen't have high MU cost to craft. It also helps to have some good-natured miners on fl, so you can reduce that MU.

Happy gaming

Dominant
    Last edited by aia; 10-13-2011 at 06:16.
    WoF team Sweden
    World of Firepower is coming - We're always looking for good Swedes to represent Sweden, and all support is welcome!

- Sakura, Koufuku 2c - http://web.comhem.se/~u77771572/aia/ -

Niksarium would be more expensive if every miner couldn't mine it so easily...The best way to hit it consistently is to use a low level finder 105 and below....It's up to MA to balance the depth level of ores and enmatters...They want everything to be as close to TT as possible..Oh yeah and also it's them who decides the loot system so how much is found at a given time is also their own balance..The name of the game is supply and demand..The more demand by crafters the more MU resources get...