Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Old
    I think, this is as good as it gets.
    Yep your damn right, but it will get better I'm sure of it .

2. Sponsored Links
    Hatchling
    NN's post is quite solid and I see no whining there.

EU's internal economics do have some flaws and the advice with 'stop playing' is rather stupid. I wish, Coz, to see you still posting on EU related forums when you'll have same Entropia age, so to say, as NN.

Is obvious that EU had many improvements, but none of them addressed two major issues:

- the cost to play (which only constantly grew)
    - the disproportionate influence of resellers in said cost to play

And to give you some answer with "stop to play" stupidity. I had deposited 16k$ in 5 years of hardcore playing. For 1 year and a few months I've lowered my deposits and activity to almost nothing (by comparison), since I saw MA only pushing and pushing the costs for same level of activity. Who gained, in your opinion, from this lowered activity? Me or MA?

Old
    Madmax:

I didn't fail to see your point... I simply deemed your point to be irrelevant to the discussion. This isn't about life and death. This is about a virtual economy, and the choice to play or not play.

Kerham:

Please see NN's other posts. About every two weeks, he posts a whine about crap armor, crap economy, crap markup on the crap armor in the crap economy. It's all drivel to me.

The economy is FAR from perfect. I agree with that. MA has taken steps to prevent market manipulation. Whether it works, only time will tell.

Has the cost of playing increased? Well, it sure has for me. Three years ago, I was hunting mobs with 200-300 HP, doing 80 ped runs, with some of that crap armor previously mentioned. Today, I hunt mobs with 2k-3k HP, have higher weapon costs, higher repair costs, and do 400-500 ped runs.

How do I deal with resellers? I don't. Period. I pay what I consider to be a fair price for stuff. If I don't see what I am looking for at a fair price, then I don't buy it. Period.

NN seems to think that by eliminating the the "low end" stuff, specifically armor, since, in his words, they serve no purpose, then EU would be a better place.

If you eliminate the low end items, then there is no "ladder" for new players. No goals to get the "next best thing". Sure, you cannot make anything crafting settler armor. Really, I don't think the low-end stuff is meant to be sold, profited from, etc. It's meant, just like basic filters, generic leather texture, simple I conductors, etc, to skill on, to get to the next level.

As far as posting when I am the same entropia age as NN... well, from the postings I have seen from NN, I can almost guarantee you that, while I haven't had an account as long as NN (if, NN has, indeed, been a player for 9 years), I have actually played the game much, much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Madmax View Post
    MA are in control here and they have the power to make EU AMAZING yet they fail to do it time and time again

I could make a strong argument that this statement applies to the players as well.

Criticism need not be whining, but to avoid the ugly impression of whining, the OP should have made more pro-active statements, or an admission that he should have the sense to walk away if EU is as bad - for him - as it appears. I know a ton of games that don't make me want to put a hammer through my PC.

Banging your head against a brick wall is not a strategy, so adapt, agitate, or walk.

Quote Originally Posted by The NN View Post
    The auction isn’t what it was supposed to be either, it does not recommend an estimated price for wares sold, nor is it able to handle cents, it costs a fortune to make use of, in general it sucks big time. All these things ought to become improved over time, but yet, no change is found within the universe.
    Well apart from separating the different planets, search function and filters that didn't exist until relatively recently.

Mining was overhauled and improved, hunting has an improved HUD, various features requested like strength improving how much we can carry, missions, radar blackout in PVP areas, vehicles, day / night cycle, more creatures to hunt, free rent on apartments, space implemented - I give up at this point.

Yeah sure, no changes have occured in our virtual lifetimes...

Old
    Quote Originally Posted by Coz1969 View Post
    So, I have a question for you....

Does NN stand for Negative Nellie? Seriously, m8... all you do is piss and moan about how you cannot make armor that you want, cannot trade the way you want, can't sell shit for high MU, etc.

EU HAS seen many changes, improvements, etc just in the 3 1/2 years that I have been playing. If you cannot see that, and are so completely unhappy with the way EU is progressing, then STOP PLAYING!
    First of all allow me to track you in, it was never about me or my urges, changing the topic revolving around the issue isn't going to convince me that you actually know what the hell you want in the first place.

Understand that I've been around for longer than you, also understand that I am not being negative, I am being realistic, further more let me ask you something, you see it would seem that the values we ought to have in common player to player, is somehow posing a threat to that of your selfesteem, simply you take in defence MA, and shit me down the throat, whereafter you wave me off from playing the game, due to your own shortcomming in terms of not having fully understood the actual vision of MA.

I cannot help that you feel that a shortcomming of your own "Namely" defending a games system economics, unto someone who leaves no excuse for MA to harvest our money while not resolving the issues at hand.

As for me or my urges to continue playing, or not... this was never about me see, if you wanna have a conversation on economics and what is in dire need of change, then let us sit down and really make a difference, not just a bunch of excuses to run off track with the ball. If you wanna have this conversation then talk, just don't project all of the issues at hand on me, you see, this was never about me.

The NN = The Nocturnal Navigator.

Smile

How about more rewards beyond the first 5000 PED's to get Gold Card & Key Logger Encrypter for Players that DEPO mass amount of PED's...!!! Maybe more ppl will be incaraged to deposit money into the EU. Also I think that maybe depo'ing could be an achievement to player repartition or status...!!!

Old
    Still waiting for the question you wanted to ask.... unless the morass of insults, comments are remarks directed at "my self esteem" was meant to be a question.

Regardless... let's talk economics.

Auction: Players have multiple options with which to sell their items. Auction is simply the easiest, and most convenient.
    - Suggested selling price..... How would this suggested selling price be established? Would it be based on daily/weekly/monthly market value?

-Ability to set prices with PED and pec.... While I agree this might make selling items a bit easier, I also agree that implementing this function would be detrimental to shop owners, who are able to use this function.

-Cost... Yeah, I think the fees could be a bit lower. Again, though, this is meant to encourage PvP trades, use of shops, etc. If you take away the fees, you take away the ability for shop owners to even make a profit.

Next topic... Low level merchandise. What, exactly, do you consider to be low level merchandise? In your OP, you state how it's sad to see masses of such useless items sold by the thousands. Erm, if the stuff is useless, why is it being sold by the thousands? But, regardless...

Do you mean stuff such as basic filters, generic leather texture, settler armor? Yeah, this stuff is useless for trade/selling. What it IS useful for is skilling to the next level. If you take out these useless BP's, and others like it, how would a new player go about skilling (on crafting, ofc) to unlock BPC, get to those level X BP's? I bet if you ask Buzz, he will tell you he did millions of clicks on those low level BP's to get to where he is today (unless he chipped in) and probably didn't do it to make a profit.

New items........... There are new items appearing every day. Some on Calypso, some on other planets. Are they all useful? Perhaps not to you, but maybe to someone else.

IRL economony... let's face it, the IRL economy is in shambles. This directly effects the economy of EU. Whereas something might have been worth 300k ped two years ago, it might only be valued at 200k ped today. People aren't as willing to go out on that limb during the current economic times. MindArk cannot do a thing about that... period.

Old
    Quote Originally Posted by Coz1969 View Post
    Still waiting for the question you wanted to ask.... unless the morass of insults, comments are remarks directed at "my self esteem" was meant to be a question.

Regardless... let's talk economics.

Auction: Players have multiple options with which to sell their items. Auction is simply the easiest, and most convenient.
    - Suggested selling price..... How would this suggested selling price be established? Would it be based on daily/weekly/monthly market value?

-Ability to set prices with PED and pec.... While I agree this might make selling items a bit easier, I also agree that implementing this function would be detrimental to shop owners, who are able to use this function.

-Cost... Yeah, I think the fees could be a bit lower. Again, though, this is meant to encourage PvP trades, use of shops, etc. If you take away the fees, you take away the ability for shop owners to even make a profit.

Next topic... Low level merchandise. What, exactly, do you consider to be low level merchandise? In your OP, you state how it's sad to see masses of such useless items sold by the thousands. Erm, if the stuff is useless, why is it being sold by the thousands? But, regardless...

Do you mean stuff such as basic filters, generic leather texture, settler armor? Yeah, this stuff is useless for trade/selling. What it IS useful for is skilling to the next level. If you take out these useless BP's, and others like it, how would a new player go about skilling (on crafting, ofc) to unlock BPC, get to those level X BP's? I bet if you ask Buzz, he will tell you he did millions of clicks on those low level BP's to get to where he is today (unless he chipped in) and probably didn't do it to make a profit.

New items........... There are new items appearing every day. Some on Calypso, some on other planets. Are they all useful? Perhaps not to you, but maybe to someone else.

IRL economony... let's face it, the IRL economy is in shambles. This directly effects the economy of EU. Whereas something might have been worth 300k ped two years ago, it might only be valued at 200k ped today. People aren't as willing to go out on that limb during the current economic times. MindArk cannot do a thing about that... period.
    I think what you want is a discussion, where as of I was looking for a debate.

Sincerely The NN.

Old
    Quote Originally Posted by The NN View Post
    I think what you want is a discussion, where as of I was looking for a debate.

Sincerely The NN.

It takes two to have a conversation, or to debate.... apparently, you want neither.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast