Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314
    Dominant
    Quote Originally Posted by Nor Alien View Post
    For your connection to the net, are you hard wired or are you using wireless?
    Wired, connecting using ADSL.

I think it's that though - when I had problem with Next Island I crashed 19 times out of 20 arriving there - but not when going back to Next Island.

Quote Originally Posted by Nor Alien View Post
    Also, since they are upgrading the avatars and have started, you may consider uping the amount of system memory, but in the end this shouldn't cause this unless you are doing alot of multi tasking in the background. Then this could be using up precious ram the game needs to run..
    Oh, I thought the new avatar system would use *less* system resources.

But dunno if it's memory related - when I arrive from space to Port Atlantis the harddrive rattles *alot*, but I don't crash. When I crash, game crashes immediately (let's say you're driving out of mothership - screen goes black - and then CTD immediately).

Another odd problem I've had after flying around for some time in space was that when I've arrived at a planet, I've gotten *empty* mission popups.

(And one thing I guess everyone gets nowdays: Random "tracked mission" messages often referring to a mission that already has been finished.)
    Last edited by aia; 10-25-2012 at 16:34.
    WoF team Sweden
    World of Firepower is coming - We're always looking for good Swedes to represent Sweden, and all support is welcome!

- Sakura, Koufuku 2c - http://web.comhem.se/~u77771572/aia/ -

2. Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by aia View Post

I think it's that though - when I had problem with Next Island I crashed 19 times out of 20 arriving there - but not when going back to Next Island.

But dunno if it's memory related - when I arrive from space to Port Atlantis the harddrive rattles *alot*, but I don't crash. When I crash, game crashes immediately (let's say you're driving out of mothership - screen goes black - and then CTD immediately).

Another odd problem I've had after flying around for some time in space was that when I've arrived at a planet, I've gotten *empty* mission popups.

(And one thing I guess everyone gets nowdays: Random "tracked mission" messages often referring to a mission that already has been finished.)
    So you think it may be your connection.

You may have to look at what things are running in the back ground of your system. I know from experience that the software that comes with prebuilts they tend to have a boat load of stuff in the background that isn't essential to your day to day opperations. I usually either just reload my version of window on the machien and be done with it or if this isn't feasable, then start deleating unwanted software.

The other thing you can do is go into to the main startup screan and pick and choose what thing startup when you start windows. In this way, you don't have to unistall anything and you can keep it the way it is.

The new avatar update may use "less" resources, but they may start useing others that were not being used before. Example: Cry 2 engine is based on the direct X 10 software coding, but at the momment, it is only using Direct X 9. So if the avatar update takes advantage of the Cry 2's power, they may upgrade their base software and turn on Direct X 10. This is better as it is faster then 9 but demands more from your card. There is always a trade off with software.

The best solution is to do the following: First check to see what you have running in the background. Either deleat unwanted software or dissable the startup.

Second, have your isp do a quality test of your connection. Sometimes you modem or the line itself can get bogged down. It may be that they have a newer version of your modem that fixes the speed and strength of your connection.

Finally, you may want to increase your ram amount. Four gigs was enough a few years ago but now adays, with several updates of windows and other software, it is on the edge. I always try and be a few gigs above what the min requirements. This way there is breathing room.

Just a quick guide to your start up file. Click start button, on the bottom in search type in msconfig. it should be the top find. click and run. In config navigate to start up and you will see a list that pops up. There you can uncheck which programs starup up with windows. These don't deleat the program, it just doesn't start up with windows. This way, if you want something to start you just go to the program it self and start it manually.

You can always go back and recheck the ones you do want to start up. It is trial and error proof.

Let me know how it works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by aia View Post

I agree with Nor Alien it might be a RAM issue. Im running 2 systems...one with 4 Gig RAM and one with 2. With the latter system I tend to crash a lot when entering or leaving space. Seems 2 Gig is just not enough to load the map (I also get low RAM messages from MA when running EU....especially in crowded places). My woman runs a 64 bit system with 32 Gig RAM @ 1600 Mhz and Im always amazed how fast Entropia scenery/maps/area loads for her.

And I ignore the *tracked mission* nowadays XD

Regards, Roni

Hatchling
    deinstall teamviewer
    deinstall game
    install game it worked by myself ^^

Cheers

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314