Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
    Dominant
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhero711 View Post
    but when I hit LAUNCH it launches a windowed screen (I have ran in windowed, and full-screen) and the game crashes.
    Maybe the location you logged out at is bugged?

Tell support your problem and ask if they can relocate the avatar to another location (on same planet), let's say Aloode (a relatively calm place without too much eyecandy if you were on Calypso when you logged out last time).

You could also ask them to reset your settings to default, in case there is some key mapping or screen icon that's bugged.

You didn't say if you did this, but you can also try pressing the "clear shader cache" button in client loader, "reset settings" button, "safe mode" option, and if none of that works, all under "public_user_data\cache (for me there is a subdirectory "icon" there - try removing that one).
    WoF team Sweden
    World of Firepower is coming - We're always looking for good Swedes to represent Sweden, and all support is welcome!

- Sakura, Koufuku 2c - http://web.comhem.se/~u77771572/aia/ -

2. Sponsored Links
    Young
    That's the thing, I'm not even getting to the LOGIN screen. I can open the launch client, hit launch, and the login screen doesn't even load up. I have not been able to even get to where I can enter my user ID. And if you check the first post, it's essentially a list of everything I sent to Tech support.

Ran in safe mode, and windowed mode. Have tried clearing the cache, have tried going in manually and deleting any temp and cached folders.

i've done 3 different versions of windows, 2 different graphics cards, several different graphics drivers for both. I've adjusted my 3D settings several different ways.

all to no avail. I'm honestly damn near out of ideas, and I've NEVER in my 15 years of online gaming ever had a game I couldn't figure out how to run. I've played Entropia numerous times, always with success. :/

Young
    After going through a few different more attempts I've given up for the time being, I see no reason why a PC of this level is having issues like this. Many people with both 5770's and 6950's are playing right now with no issue. And given that I can play Skyrim, Rage, and Dead island on ultra-high with no issue and have tried multiple OS's on top of SEVERAL different graphic drivers and hotfixes (all using drive sweeper and CCleaner.) and multiple different types of audio drivers AND every other little tweak that seems to have solved the "entropia did not shut down normally" problem.

On top of the fact that it's going on 4 and a half days now and not a peep from support.

Screw it.

Young
    Sad times, going on 6 days now and no response from EU even though i put in 1 more tech support request a day or so ago. I can't believe I have not been able to find out what the problem is. I mean shit, could it be my 8 gigs of ram? I mean that's not very much but I've had issues (with different systems) with certain games and large amounts of ram.

Damn. Sorry to see you are still having problems.

It could very well be an issue with your ram. Try one modual (if you can) or different ram.

When in doubt, change each individual piece. It's a pain in the ass and most times not possible as you may not have replacement parts handy.

I would say that your Mb and your chip are most likely fine so that can save you some steps. You have already checked your vid card so that saves a step. Only things left would be hard drive, power supply, and ram.

You have updated all of your drivers, but out of curiosity, did you try a fresh isntall but without downloading new drivers. Just install windows, then install EU, and run the game. This is one of my fixes that saved me some time. Can't remember what driver is was but it doesn't like EU what so ever! It may be that one of the drivers might conflict with EU. It's a shot in the dark but you never know.

Young
    Thanks for the fresh ideas, I'll give them a shot and let you know.

Young
    Update: Still unresolved, NEVER received a single email from mindark after three comprehensive troubleshooting emails.

Blow me MA, I'm done with you.

sorry to hear my suggestions didn't work..

This is indeed a wierd problem.. will ask around and see if there is anthing new I can come up with..

Hatchling

Same problem as greenhero

Hi there,

i posted this at another EU forum:

Finally i have bought myself a reasonable PC, my old rig just couldn't handle EU any more. One of the first things i did was
    install Entropia Universe and see how it would run on my new rig. I was able to download EU, install the updates etc. But as soon
    as i hit launch EU starts but before i get to see the login screen i get a ctd and: "entropia didn't shut down normally. You may submit information etc....".
    So i filed a support case. De-installed EU several times following every step suggested by EU support. Yet it still crashes on me. At this moment i haven't got a clue as to what to try next. Again i reported, the fact keep crashing, to EU support and have yet to receive a reply. Although EU support has been very fast in replying (within 24h), i couldn't resist asking here to see if anyone has a suggestion or two.

Specs:

MOBO: Asus Sabertooth 990FX.
    CPU: AMD FX6100 six core 3,3Ghrz.
    RAM: 2 * 4Gb. corsair vengance DDR3 1600mhrz.
    SSD: OCZ agility3 SATA3 120gb (EU drive).
    Graphics: HIS Ati Radeon HD6870
    DirectX: 11
    Firewall: Atm. only Windows firewall.

Other info:
    EU installed at: C:\Program Files (x86)
    EU version: 12.3.0.89993
    Exception address: 14103297
    entropia.exe and clientloader.exe both set as "run as admin"

Hoping someone can help me out.

Kind regards,
    The thing is, me and greenhero have the same motherboard. And also, i am not getting much help from EU support yet.

*really hopes someone can help us out....*

Regards,

J4ck

Quote Originally Posted by J4ck View Post
    Hi there,

i posted this at another EU forum:

The thing is, me and greenhero have the same motherboard. And also, i am not getting much help from EU support yet.

*really hopes someone can help us out....*

Regards,

J4ck
    Wait.. you have the same problems as greenhero with the same mobo??

Have you tried a different mother board as a test? This is starting to look like its a mother board problem..

Let me know what you find out..

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast