Old

Insane skill gains per turnover from Carabok Puny mobs on Arkadia

Hmm...

Carabok punies on ark give more skill gain volume per hour with a M2100 than a H11 on bigger mobs on calypso..

Works on MF chips, melee etc, evade seems fast also...

Been like this ages apparently, something is definitely wrong.

2. Sponsored Links
    it works same on all puny mobs
    its not bug its feature

Provider
    Kill bonus on small mobs is really significant. Thats why merps are so good for skilling. With punies like carabok, the effect is even more pronounced. so you get to choose - cheap skilling or quick skilling.

Quote Originally Posted by T79x View Post
    it works same on all puny mobs
    its not bug its feature
    Quote Originally Posted by KikkiJikki View Post
    Kill bonus on small mobs is really significant. Thats why merps are so good for skilling. With punies like carabok, the effect is even more pronounced. so you get to choose - cheap skilling or quick skilling.

Yep like they said.

OP why would you want this to change by loging a bug report. If this is a bug and get changed you will be really popular

Old Alpha
    really simple... you kill something you get skills for it... you use an item or weapon... you get skills for it. Always going to be more clicks for lower end stuff, even if the payout in tt returns or markup returns is low... more clicks = more skills since skills are based on decay/use. If you used a marber tango and shot high level mobs all day at the rate that you can kill puny your skill gains may be similar? You won't get as good of a return though, but who can afford to do that? Really... it's like this... do you like the quarter slots, the nickel slots, the penny slots, the dollar slots, or the 20 dollar slots? All give back same chances roughly on return on investment, but which one can you afford to pull the handle on all day long?

Old
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune View Post
    Yep like they said.

OP why would you want this to change by loging a bug report. If this is a bug and get changed you will be really popular
    Well i just noticed gains were totally insane for what i was actually doing, kinda felt like cheating. I understand kill bonus etc, i also know merp give more skills because of aggro, but this is just crazy gains for hardly any tt burn.

I know people who have skilled for months to get the gains people are getting in days ...

You really think that this is sustainable?

I rather alert MA and not get locked, than "ignore" it and wait and see tbh.

I dunno if is intended orr not, i don't care either way but rather be open about it than be locked for exploit in few months time. Is this really ok for people to spend almost nothing and gain skills others are turning over thousands upon thousands of ped.. lol?

I asked dave dobson via a friend in game about it and he said been like this ages and is ok, just seems like getting skills for little to no effort/cost so making sure. Does MA really want everyone hunting puny mobs... no armour decay... no fap decay... skills free in breakfast cereals.
    Last edited by Norbert; 11-18-2011 at 20:30.

Dominant
    Quote Originally Posted by Norbert View Post
    but this is just crazy gains for hardly any tt burn.

I know people who have skilled for months to get the gains people are getting in days ...

You really think that this is sustainable?

I rather alert MA and not get locked, than "ignore" it and wait and see tbh.

I dunno if is intended orr not, i don't care either way but rather be open about it than be locked for exploit in few months time. Is this really ok for people to spend almost nothing and gain skills others are turning over thousands upon thousands of ped.. lol?

I asked dave dobson via a friend in game about it and he said been like this ages and is ok, just seems like getting skills for little to no effort/cost so making sure. Does MA really want everyone hunting puny mobs... no armour decay... no fap decay... skills free in breakfast cereals.
    It may be a "low tt" way to skill, but it's far from free. It's boring, tedious, and frustrating to hunt carabok. There are no items in loot. The spawn is not large, so you have to fight with other green dots. The loot return is low (high percentage of ammo goes to overkill even if you use an M2100), except for the current high MU on hides, which will probably not last. Most noobs think caraboks are great. Most experienced players can't be bothered to hunt them.

Old
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Stockton View Post
    It may be a "low tt" way to skill, but it's far from free. It's boring, tedious, and frustrating to hunt carabok. There are no items in loot. The spawn is not large, so you have to fight with other green dots. The loot return is low (high percentage of ammo goes to overkill even if you use an M2100), except for the current high MU on hides, which will probably not last. Most noobs think caraboks are great. Most experienced players can't be bothered to hunt them.
    Hi Neil

I only hunted them for the hides, noticed the skill gains so got a friend to bring a deciple accross. Sure he thought it was great 5%/hour from his mentoring with a M2100, a friend has nearly hit coolness which would have taken till maybe january with apis in maybe a week with low burn weaps...

Maybe everything is fine and dandy, but just seems excesive to me at least. No worries i'll kill them for hides to craft textures, but there are more higher level players by the day on the spawn, or hiding in the insta-respawn 4 carabok spawns in the academies...

Maybe is as planned, if so no worries.