Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Hatchling

What is happening in EU

Hello,

I am old player in EU, like 5 year ago i registered in this game, but that is not the point. I am here, because i am very intrested what is happening with ppl in EU. Was on 1 year break from EU, and now i am back and feels like very lot of ppl left this game and all selling/buying is very low, am i right?

Maybe someone can explain what is going on?

Sorry for my english, rly rare im writing in this language

2. Sponsored Links
    Plenty of activity spread across the planets.

You might have a look at the planet specific forums for a better look at Calypso, Arkadia, etc.
    Alpha AG Geek \\ Founder- Manticore // VU 7.5 Colonist

Young
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaGeek View Post
    Plenty

too short

Hatchling
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaGeek View Post
    Plenty of activity spread across the planets.

You might have a look at the planet specific forums for a better look at Calypso, Arkadia, etc.
    What do you mean by that, this forum is like global forum for all plants how much i understand?! If that so, better is to use each planets main forum? Like calypso have its own forum, arkadia have its own and so on?

Update: Just scrolled down to Calypso forum section, but how much i understand there is no sale/buy threads at all, so anyway i am in correct place to sell my stuff, but noones really show instrest about my items and they are not bad items, so that why i made this thread to check-out what is going on, where is all ppl?
    Last edited by Lood; 12-12-2011 at 15:37.

Provider
    Because of all the various problems that MindArk has had, which comes with being the ruling body of a virtual universe, and all the various mistakes that MindArk has made, some of which could have been prevented, and because of a few various incidents where people got frustrated with MA's responses, a lot of people have lost faith in MA and the game and has left. Most of these people were higher end depositors and most of the higher end depositors who remain have decided to cut back on their depositing because they are uncertain of what direction the game will be taking. Many people have left the game for these reasons and or cut back on their depositing. This game is of course an economic game, so when there is less money being spent on the top of the pyramid (high end depositors) then there is less money in the entire economy due to the trickle down effect. Demand has also largely shifted to those with less money because they are the main consumers. Thus everything is cheaper. This of course has also caused loot returns to be smaller because of less high end depositors putting money into the game, which has only caused more problems. Lastly, many people bought some of the new Calypso Land Plot Deeds when they came out a few weeks ago. The spending of money on them and not in the game only made the economy dip further. Thusly, we have entered a new age in EU where the economy is very slow and low in price.

Hatchling
    Hmz tnx to you and your explanation, how much i understood about those deeds, MA wanted to sell whole planet, but wasnt a buyer, so they split calypso into 60k deeds, so everyone can hold a share of it, so MA goes into shadow from that time, and just maintance server + making new concent to planets, do i understood corectly?
    Last edited by Lood; 12-12-2011 at 17:10.

Dominant
    Quote Originally Posted by Lood View Post
    Hmz tnx to you and your explanation, how much i understood about those deeds, MA wanted to sell whole planet, but wasnt a buyer, so they split calypso into 60k deeds, so everyone can hold a share of it, so MA goes into shadow from that time, and just maintance server + making new concent to planets, do i understood corectly?
    No, Mindark is still actively developing Calypso, they just have a bunch of new investors who have for the most part stopped talking trash about Calypso since they now own a share and realize that all the negativity turns new depositors away.

There really isn't much traffic on EF compared to the individual planets forums. If you want to find out what's happening on those planets, I recommend taking a look at each planet's forum.

not to mention the fact that the USD isen't the most stable currency in the world market any more ....

Young
    All the database of the old entropia forum was sold to Planet Calypso so almost all of the activity you used to see here is now there.

http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/

Provider
    Yes, if you want to get to know the individual planets better it is good to keep track of the individual planet forums. However, it is also good to keep track of this forum as I find it the most helpful with global news. Also, it may just be me, but I almost feel like there is more trafic here than any of the others individually, may just be me though :P Technically, most of the economic problems in EU were caused by MA, but you can't really blame them for most of it. They are doing the best they can given the circumstances and at this point complaining doesn't really solve anything.

As for the land plot deeds: MA was having a problem because the other planet partners wanted a "planet Partner" to own Calypso. MA has more control over how things are operated in EU than any of the planet partners so in their mind it wasn't fair that MA controled their own planet. Each planet is like a company competing against each other for business (people) so for MA to have more power over the game and also be a competitor it didn't seem fair because MA had an unfair advantage when competiting for population. So, MA had to sell Calypso one way or another. SEE was going to buy calypso, but they got in a fight with MA and the deal failed. MA still had to sell off calypso to make things fair, so they decided "who better to own calypso than the calypsians." MA made up 60,000 deeds for 1000PED or 100USD a piece which would equal the 6 million USD that would have been the selling price if SEE had boughten it. In this way MA can technically make things fair by "not owning" Calypso while at the same time still keeping a major foothold on the planet and also not having to go through the frustrating procedures of trying to find a real buyer and getting him to buy it. So, now whoever has a calypso land plot deed "owns" a piece of Calypso and is entitled to a vote. The actual "owning and voting" part of this will be implimented later as MA decides how exactly they want to handle it.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast