Thread: Beacons

Beacons

As there is no thread for Beacons on here yet, i have decided to make one.

So far from the following thread; http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...on-experiences

Beacons are not worth the money, as ammo and decay costs outweight the prize.

Any views, pictures lets get them up on here !

2. Sponsored Links
    Provider
    I havn't experienced the new beacon missions yet, but speaking as a reader reading that post I would say that I am turned off from it to. If the difference between return vs. cost is so large, even if you have a chance to win big, it just doesn't seem worth the money except for maybe once in awhile fun time events.

Yes, it seems like (from talking to players) that the cost to play the beacons is not worth it, which is a shame.

is the opinion of the OP based
    on new beacon prices and availability
    or old beacons that were saved
    and then overpriced by gougers?

Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaGeek View Post
    is the opinion of the OP based
    on new beacon prices and availability
    or old beacons that were saved
    and then overpriced by gougers?

Posted via Mobile Device
    I am guessing its based on what I said in the linked thread that 400+ ammo +guns+amps+armor (not even counting mu on the beacon) brought back 175ped of loot with all the boxes looted.

Only had 2 bad runs so far, will try more tonight.

I would really like to hear reports from other people doing them though to see if we just had bad luck, or if thats really how much they are paying out.

narfi

Quote Originally Posted by narfi View Post
    I am guessing its based on what I said in the linked thread that 400+ ammo +guns+amps+armor (not even counting mu on the beacon) brought back 175ped of loot with all the boxes looted.

Only had 2 bad runs so far, will try more tonight.

I would really like to hear reports from other people doing them though to see if we just had bad luck, or if thats really how much they are paying out.

narfi
    we didn't waste 400+ ammo but 300+ ammo and got about the same "return" as you did on two beacons one 23(or next one up) and one 29pedder.

Sure you can do them cheaper but far from cheap enough for that loot return

Mature
    whats up with maindark... we get all excited about them bring back the old features and more of less every one of them they screwed them up aprt from the graphics side of things well aprt from the hair styles whichthey have done nothing..

about time that they allowed the players to actually make some money in this game instead of screwing us all over with petty loots that are not worth shit or have no real usage. Yet some how I keep coming back to check the game too see hwo things are going. I look forward to teh day that MA starts too look afte rits player base instead of sqweezing every ped out of us

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/forum...s-bugged.6701/

Here is screenshots of Kim saying to hold off on doing beacons till they are fixed.

narfi

yeah, but as people said now when they decided to call it bugged why the hell don't put it up on the client loader?!?!