Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Recall All Vehicles - how does it work between planets?

What happens if:
    -I spawn my Quad
    -Give rights to drive the quad to friend
    -Friend fly with my quad to other planet for example Arkadia (while I am still on Calypso)
    -In Arkadia friend fills luggage boot of my quad with different goods, like minerals, skins, etc
    -I click "Recall All vehicles"

Do the quad returns in my storage on Calypso with all goods in luggage boot?

2. Sponsored Links
    Banned
    If you are not in radar range of your quad for 10 minutes, it returns to your storage, so your friend would die of asphyxia before reaching Ark.

Edit: or your friend would end in your storage with the quad, not tried it, lol

Edit2: Also, what you are suggesting can be seen as trying to find a way to use an exploit that have not be used before, and if any new way of exploiting is discovered, a fix would come sooner or later, and you would risk a temp/perm ban.
    Last edited by Ed Ward; 01-13-2012 at 21:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Ward View Post
    and you would risk a temp/perm ban.
    Right Ed Ward.
    Becouse I am afraid to be baned, I did not tested it myself.
    I prefer that someone else test it, and will see if he will be baned or not

if you give rights to fly to your friend and you stay on calypso...

your quad will be returned to your inventory afther 10 minutes not to storage
    your friend will revive on calypso space station (or any other ship whit revive he got rights to)

Yip like already said ship will despawn if out of radar range for 10 min.
    And this can likely be considered an exploit if you manage to do it with the help of warpdrive on MS.

Thank you for information.
    I did not knew that vehicle despawns if someone is in the vehicle.

On top of that: It will very likely end up in the Arkadia storage when despawned (and not the Calypso storage) when someone uses your vehicle to fly from Calypso to Arkadia.
    Not a single fuck shall be given today

Quote Originally Posted by wizzszz View Post
    .. It will very likely end up in the Arkadia storage when despawned (and not the Calypso storage) when someone uses your vehicle to fly from Calypso to Arkadia.
    Wizzszz, sorry, but I don't understand why you think this would be.

10 minutes from Calypso launch, the ship might just possibly be over the border of the FOMA server (and so possibly might end up in storage there on de-spawning), depending on how long it takes them to successfully leave the CSS safe-zone , but I just can't see it being even close to the Arkadia server.

Quote Originally Posted by Serica View Post
    Wizzszz, sorry, but I don't understand why you think this would be.

10 minutes from Calypso launch, the ship might just possibly be over the border of the FOMA server (and so possibly might end up in storage there on de-spawning), depending on how long it takes them to successfully leave the CSS safe-zone , but I just can't see it being even close to the Arkadia server.
    I just took the planets mentioned in the opening post to make up my example, it has already been mentioned before that 10 mins are not sufficient for a flight to Arkadia (although, what about warp drives?).

My example served solely the purpose to make clear that, if someone uses your ship to fly to another planet, it would not return to the planet his owner is still on, but go to the planets storage where the vehicle currently is.
    (again referencing the opening post here - i don't think i have misinterpreted his theoretical scenario, if you think i missed something please fill me in).

Not sure what exactly the problem is with my post, as you have obviously managed to understand the point i made: You did reconstruct my entire point (only replacing Arkadia by F.O.M.A.) in your post...
    Not a single fuck shall be given today

Quote Originally Posted by wizzszz View Post
    I just took the planets mentioned in the opening post to make up my example, it has already been mentioned before that 10 mins are not sufficient for a flight to Arkadia (although, what about warp drives?).

My example served solely the purpose to make clear that, if someone uses your ship to fly to another planet, it would not return to the planet his owner is still on, but go to the planets storage where the vehicle currently is.
    (again referencing the opening post here - i don't think i have misinterpreted his theoretical scenario, if you think i missed something please fill me in).

Not sure what exactly the problem is with my post, as you have obviously managed to understand the point i made: You did reconstruct my entire point (only replacing Arkadia by F.O.M.A.) in your post...
    1. Warpdrives don't apply to ships that can be recalled to storage.

2. Calypso->FOMA is the only possible 'planetary' transit where the ship could end in a storage other than the planet that the owner is on. (Any other space flight takes longer than the available 10min before the Auto-Recall feature kicks in.) TBH, I don't think it would actually be recalled to FOMA storage even under that scenario, unless there was storage in the FOMA hangar (which there isn't).

Imagine instead that the flight path doesn't cross over into the FOMA space server. Do you still suggest that the ship would end in any other planet's storage? How would MA know which planet is the destination (given no planet can be reached within 10min)?

I've been trying to think how this would be best tested. Perhaps Fish and I will try it out sometime when both of us are flying somewhere at about the same time, and have lots of time to play about with it.

One interesting scenario would be what happens when both players are in space. (I suspect in that case, the vehicle would de-spawn to the owner's inventory, rather than to any planetary storage.) Another is if the owner is in space, but the ship is landed on a planet (for eg, someone lends another player a ship to fly from the spacestation down to a planet surface, which can easily be done in less than 10min) - would the ship despawn to that planet's storage or to inventory.

Also, what if the owner is standing in FOMA hangar when the vehicle despawns, compared to if he is standing in say Main Complex North?
    Last edited by Serica; 01-17-2012 at 22:25.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast