Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomSeffoLooser View Post
    he was origionaly only going for 6 monthes, but it ended up being 2 years till he was finnished working abroad, and did not know the account would be reset, he thought as i did that they would mothball it till he started playing again not take his skills and leave him with a reset account
    but he will not be playing and everyone he knows will not be joining the game too, so its MA's loss both from him and the players he may have introduced to the game and all the ped they would have deposited
    I don't want to sound too cocky, but each and every log in you need to accept the ToUs. It's hardly Mindark's fault when people actually do not read the information which is provided to them and accepted every start of the game.

2. Sponsored Links
    Young
    hi all
    like i said he was only suposed to be gone for 6 monthes but it ended in it being over 2 years. he had read the T&C before he left and it said account would be locked but did not say anything about skills being reset as we can remember. and if it is that as in a previous message that they pay you for the skills then why is his account at 0.00ped. are the skills worth 0.00ped.???
    in my opinion they should be dooing more to get players back and less in alienating them so they never come back. if they dont come back then MA looses.

He could have given me his account details but that would have been against the T&C also.

hi all
    like i said he was only suposed to be gone for 6 monthes but it ended in it being over 2 years. he had read the T&C before he left and it said account would be locked but did not say anything about skills being reset as we can remember. and if it is that as in a previous message that they pay you for the skills then why is his account at 0.00ped. are the skills worth 0.00ped.???
    The Terms of Use specifically state that after 750 days of account inactivity:
    • the account is purged and all skills are deleted,
    • any estate deeds are transferred back to MindArk and/or MindArk's Partner and
    • the virtual objects on the Account are exchanged for their Trade Terminal (TT) value.
    • The aggregated value is added to the balance on the PED Card connected to the Account.

MindArk have never 'paid players for skills'. Skills may be bought and sold between players, but adding skills to an empty skill implant does not increase the TT of the implant (which might imply a payment for skills). On the contrary, the TT of a filled skill implant is 10% less than the ESI required to create it.

Young
    ok i have a question on the T&C. how many times as it deen changed since the game first started? and did it origionaly state skills would be deleted after 750 days? as people spend lots of ped to get skills in this game is it not theft to take the skills? but this is all mute now as he will never play this game again untill his skills are replaced and as MA will never do it he will be gone forever and all the people he and i know will never join. so in the end MA will loose out. and with their view of gaming this game will wither and die. they say Entropia is not a gmabling game but from what ive seen its a very big gamble which i never seem to win anyone playing this game i say gl may the hof be with you. you will need it.

ok i have a question on the T&C. how many times as it deen changed since the game first started? and did it origionaly state skills would be deleted after 750 days? as people spend lots of ped to get skills in this game is it not theft to take the skills? but this is all mute now as he will never play this game again untill his skills are replaced and as MA will never do it he will be gone forever and all the people he and i know will never join. so in the end MA will loose out. and with their view of gaming this game will wither and die. they say Entropia is not a gmabling game but from what ive seen its a very big gamble which i never seem to win anyone playing this game i say gl may the hof be with you. you will need it.
    I can't say what the TOU said before I started playing.

But I can confirm it's said exactly the same thing in terms of what happens with inactive accounts after the same period of time since at least November 2006. (I specifically looked it up then out of curiosity after a soc member when awol for a few days.)

I can't tell you how it's been in ancient days, but i play since march 2009 and the TOUs have always been like this for the time i've been playing.

In addition to that you get e-mails on a regular base when you haven't logged in for a while reminding you to log in to not lose your stuff. And you don't even need to log in into the game,
    logging into the Entropia website is enough to prevent your account from being emptied.

In times where every mobile is able to browse the web it is very well possible to keep your account alive unless you are in an area where you can't access internet at all. Even then it is possible to contact the Entropia support beforehand, so they set a prevent from purge flag, and no harm will be done to the contents of an account in case of longer absence.

In this case your nephew treated all this with ignorance and therefore the content of the account was purged. As simple as it can be. And it's not that anyone is forcing him to play again. If he doesn't like it's fine.

If Entropia will die, well time will tell, people keep saying that for years and it is still around. Many new faces joining lately, so i don't see the future of EU as dark as you do.

Regarding the gambling, well EU is what you make out of it. If you want to gamble you can do that e.g with full condition amp crafting, yet i know enough people who did not deposit a single penny and still do reasonable good ( and did not start in ancient times ).

Cheers

Young
    hi all
    i know since i started playing the T&C have changed 2-3 times, as i have had messages come up in game in red to say that they have changed. but after reading threw them the first time i did not want to waste time reading them again to see what they had changed.
    And as for players dooing well even though they never deposited it happens from time to time i think there must be some form of luck on each account when you make the character that determins how lucky you will be. and about 1 in 100 seem to be lucky and 1 in 1000 seem to be very lucky. and them there is me very unlucky. i started well with a 1500ped foul gatherer on my 10th day playing back in 2006 but since then all down hill not even come close to another uber hunting and im nearly at 400,000ped deposited.
    lol i like to complain lol, its more fun than playing and loosing all the time.
    90% of my time spent in game is hunting and since 2006 i never seem to have hit and rare items like shadow armour or a decent gun, and as all the loot now seems to be (L) ill never get to loot anything decent worth saving.

Young
    if the return rate is supposed to be around 90% for hunting then ill be expecting an ATH very soon
    other wise if i keep on it will have to be 2x ATH's lol

Soon this thread will cost more in server space and bandwith than the cost of the lost skills I say MA give back the skills

Old
    *edited* deleted
    Play for the fun of it and may lootius be with you all!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast