Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    Hatchling
    Joined
    Mar 02 2012
    Posts
    4

    The Oldest noob in the game

    Ok so I started playing entropia very long ago. Back when you sweated without a machine and when there was only calypso. Then I came back once or twice and all the maps had changed and i stopped playing. Now I'm back again for one more try and I have a few questions to refresh myself.

    1. I remember something about an oil factory and you could go collect oil and sell it. Is that still around? If so where is it and is it worth going to?

    2. I've been looking around the forums and such to figure out what profession I want to take up but I haven't found a basic description of each and how they relate to the game. Can I get a brief description of each and which is more useful to the players and more needed?

    3. When your sweating skill goes up do you increase the chance of your machine activating or the amount gathered or both?

    4. I have a little Sollomate Opalo and some Cells, what should I shoot and where?

    5. Did I miss something that I could have gotten all these questions already answered with out disturbing you all?

    Thanks for reading I'm sure I'll be adding more as I go along
    --Draze Swift

  2. Sponsored Links
  3. #2
    Alpha wizzszz's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 01 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    572
    Quote Originally Posted by DrazeSwift View Post
    Ok so I started playing entropia very long ago. Back when you sweated without a machine and when there was only calypso. Then I came back once or twice and all the maps had changed and i stopped playing. Now I'm back again for one more try and I have a few questions to refresh myself.
    You are, by far, not the oldest noob there is.

    Quote Originally Posted by DrazeSwift View Post
    1. I remember something about an oil factory and you could go collect oil and sell it. Is that still around? If so where is it and is it worth going to?
    Forget about the oil rig, unless you want some free dodge skills - you'll never get there w/o support.

    Quote Originally Posted by DrazeSwift View Post
    2. I've been looking around the forums and such to figure out what profession I want to take up but I haven't found a basic description of each and how they relate to the game. Can I get a brief description of each and which is more useful to the players and more needed?
    There are countless beginners guides, but that's all theory only.

    My advice:

    Get a good mentor.

    Most people consider mining a boring profession, but it's definitely way easier to get started with mining - if done right you can play w/o depositing.

    Stay away from crafting, no matter what.

    Quote Originally Posted by DrazeSwift View Post
    3. When your sweating skill goes up do you increase the chance of your machine activating or the amount gathered or both?
    Neither. Sweating skills are useless.
    (however, the other skills and attributes gained from sweating are not)


    Quote Originally Posted by DrazeSwift View Post
    4. I have a little Sollomate Opalo and some Cells, what should I shoot and where?
    If you're completely new, sell the opalo and get one of those toy guns (Kiwio) - use only those until you've maxed the opalo.

    What to shoot? Well, i'd recommend sweating puny mobs at the beach east of port atlantis - when they are dry, kill them. This keeps kill costs low and let's you skill up cheap - with next to zero skills you can't hunt anything else efficiently anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by DrazeSwift View Post
    5. Did I miss something that I could have gotten all these questions already answered with out disturbing you all?
    Oh well, entire EU is full of questions, and there are hardly answers.

    Just try to find your niche and you'll do fine, but even if people have the knowledge how to get there - they will not share it: the system requires that not everyone can succeed, someone got to pay the bills. (which, btw, applies to real life, too)
    Not a single fuck shall be given today

  4. #3
    Hatchling
    Joined
    Mar 02 2012
    Posts
    4
    Thanks for info. 3 more questions.

    1. What do you mean by "Max your opalo"?

    2. Do I sell my loot to TT or try and see if anyone is buying the stuff I get?

    3. I know sweat has something to do with mindforce but I don't understand what mindforce is. Are they like spells and sweat is necessary to cast?
    --Draze Swift

  5. #4
    Alpha wizzszz's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 01 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    572
    Quote Originally Posted by DrazeSwift View Post
    Thanks for info. 3 more questions.

    1. What do you mean by "Max your opalo"?
    Many tools have a "SIB range", that means you have to reach a certain level in the related profession(s) to use it with full efficiency.


    Quote Originally Posted by DrazeSwift View Post
    2. Do I sell my loot to TT or try and see if anyone is buying the stuff I get?
    TT will pay you only the minimum - if possible, try to sell it to others.
    If nobody buys, you can still TT it.
    Almost everything can be sold for a little higher price than just TT.

    Quote Originally Posted by DrazeSwift View Post
    3. I know sweat has something to do with mindforce but I don't understand what mindforce is. Are they like spells and sweat is necessary to cast?
    Kind of, yes - mindforce is basically the EU/SciFi version of magic.
    It uses mindforce chips as tools/weapons, and mind essence as ammo.

    Mind essence (synthetic) for use with the normal healing/wepaon chips can be bought from TT, but i.e. teleport chips use "normal" mind essence, made of vibrant sweat and Force nexus (a mined enmatter).
    Not a single fuck shall be given today

  6. #5
    Dominant Roni's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 02 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    429
    Welcome back to Entropia!

    Roni

  7. #6
    Provider
    Joined
    Aug 30 2011
    Posts
    210
    The sweat gatherer skill is practically useless, but the concentration skill will slowly make it easier to connect a beam and have a better chance of getting closer to max bottles per pull. However, at this time sweat is nearly worthless so If you can deposit I would definately recommend it because it is difficult to even find buyers these days let alone buyers that actually pay a decent price.

    If you need to get caught up on what has been going on in EU then you can checkout my history book.

    http://www.voc.entropiasociety.info/...ewtopic.php?60

  8. #7
    Alpha wizzszz's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 01 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    572
    Quote Originally Posted by FlorencioNineWind View Post
    ... the concentration skill will slowly make it easier to connect a beam and have a better chance of getting closer to max bottles per pull.
    There is no, absolutely no evidence to back up what you claim here.


    This is nothing but a newbie myth - if you really think so, make a scientific study and present some results, but until then: please stop spreading such false "knowledge".
    Not a single fuck shall be given today

  9. #8
    Hatchling
    Joined
    Feb 24 2012
    Posts
    9
    Well actually every level of sweating increases the average sweat gain by 2/hour.So it matters... if you have like level 100 you can see a big difference.At least that's what a guy from my society said(he's level 33 sweater) and made some observations I suppose

  10. #9
    Old
    Joined
    Nov 02 2010
    Location
    Wherever Coz lands at the end of the day
    Posts
    55
    First of all, welcome back to EU!

    As someone stated, go find yourself a good mentor... it's the best way to learn a lot about EU.

    Now, a bit OT here...

    I suspect that it is absolutely correct that as your sweat gather profession increases, you are able to gather more sweat per hour.

    HOWEVER, this is not due to the SG profession. It's most likely due to the higher evade that you have also earned while gathering sweat. High evade = less hits from mobs = less interrupted sweating attempts. See the correlation?

    Ask that player who has prof lvl 33 SG how high his/her evade is. I'm willing to bet he/she has probably unlocked avoidance.

  11. #10
    Alpha wizzszz's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 01 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    572
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarock View Post
    Well actually every level of sweating increases the average sweat gain by 2/hour.So it matters... if you have like level 100 you can see a big difference.At least that's what a guy from my society said(he's level 33 sweater) and made some observations I suppose
    More myths.

    Nobody has ever reached level 100, and actually i don't even believe the level 33 is true. There is one person who was insane enough to graduate in mindforce, and this person didn't even have level 33.

    However, the sweat gathering skills is USELESS.

    It cannot even be chipped out, it was only there because MA didn't allow people to go sweating forever:
    After reaching a certain limit you were no longer be able to gather sweat.
    (i dont remember, was it 800 in sweat gathering, or 1200? however, this was loooong ago, even before i joined EU... and that was already ages ago)

    This made people create simply new accounts for sweating, so MA decided to drop the limitation, but the skill is still there, useless as ever.


    Quote Originally Posted by Coz1969 View Post
    HOWEVER, this is not due to the SG profession. It's most likely due to the higher evade that you have also earned while gathering sweat. High evade = less hits from mobs = less interrupted sweating attempts. See the correlation?

    Ask that player who has prof lvl 33 SG how high his/her evade is. I'm willing to bet he/she has probably unlocked avoidance.
    That sure applies and is a good explanation for better results - the sweat gathering skill does not help one bit there, though.
    Not a single fuck shall be given today

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •