Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks Danoclese. We're all gamers ourselves working on the Embassy and we're going to do our best to make sure this is the kind of program players will want to use, in ways that can actually attract the right kind of new players, with rewards all around. We're giving you what we hope you will view as interesting content, and you get to decide if and how you want to share it, and with whom. Some of you will probably just hang at the Embassy and check new stuff out as it drops. Others will want to share with their friends. Some will think it's lame. Some will just be interested in the cool Rewards. We get it. It's all good. It's a tool you can choose to use or choose not to use. We'll start out with minimum content and keep adding more as we see what works and what doesn't, and we'll gauge your reactions and listen to your suggestions, with the end goal of bringing more and more colonists into Entropia Universe!

2. Sponsored Links
    Young
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage|Socialtype View Post
    Greetings Misao,

Q. Who are you? Are you one of these guys? http://www.socialtype.com/team/index.html

A. Misao, forgive me if I humbly treasure my anonymity as much as I respect yours. My position is part of my job. I will gladly tell you that Yes, I do work for Socialtype, and No, I am not part of the Executive Team, and since I am Female I am certainly not one of the "guys" : )

Q. How much experience do you have with Entropia Universe? Do you currently play EU?

A. I have been playing Entropia Universe for a little over five months now, ever since EU and Socialtype decided to work together, learning the game so that I could be a part of the team that would help shape the content you are about to see revealed in the Embassy. I am certainly not an expert, especially since I found it necessary to jump around from planet to planet to know the game in the broadest sense possible, so I expect there will be times when a veteran will step up with some advice for me, and I will certainly take that advice to heart, and funnel it through the proper channels at MindArk with those who are experts, whenever necessary. If it is my qualifications in an MMO you are concerned with, I have been working as a game writer / director of MMORPGs other than EU since 2006 and I feel quite at home here. EU is a beautiful world and I am very happy to call it my new home, and quite pleased with my new role here. Together, I hope we will cause the population to skyrocket.

Q. "articles, quizzes, videos, and other unique content" Are these provided to you by MA or do you create this content?

A. Good question. The videos are trailers made by MindArk, and I believe one of them was made by Neverdie. I hope to initiate a player created video trailer contest in the near future specifically for use by Emissaries with a gynormous reward ; ). I have selected many of the articles myself and you will see they are not EU content, they are real world scientific articles we all agreed were relevant to Entropia Universe (ie. Robotics, Space Travel, Super Novas, etc) that players might find interesting, and also be interested in posting. The idea is that if you "Love" an article on space travel, and post it to your friends, some of your friends that you might not even realize also love space travel might read them, and than come to you and say, "Hey, I liked that space article, and while I was reading it I noticed you were playing some space-related game... what is that?" And if that happens you might be introducing them as a player... so why not also get some points for doing that which help you grab some shadow armor, right? Ooops, did I write that out loud? Sounds like a win-win situation to us, but we'll let you decide once you have a chance to try it. I also wrote some of the quizzes, yes, as did other members of our combined Socialtype / MindArk Team. We have been working very closely for the past 5 months, and having a blast I might add.
    Thanks for the quick response, very much appreciated I hope my questions didn't come off as being to strong.. My intention was to find out some more about your background and character and after your post I was plesently surprised

Misao

Quote Originally Posted by Sage|Socialtype View Post
    Q. What is the access code?

A. The access code is only there to prevent access until we launch. Once we launch no access code will be required.

Q. When do you plan on having it up and running?

A. No promises. But less than time than it takes to grow a proper beard.

Q. What program was your avatar created in?

A. That's a secret.

Reserved the right for more questions later

Bring 'em on.
    My beard grows frikkin fast

Bring it on I'd say

cheers, Roni

Old
    When will we find out what rewards are available, and will they be (L) or unlimited?

I'm very excited to see this all launch,
    the revealing of Shadow being on the funlist makes me all warm inside.
    finally a chance to get myself the dream-armor.

Do you have an ETA for the tool?
    so that i can prepare for it and spam everything i know untill they create an account

Thanks Misao, thanks Roni!

Q. When will we find out what rewards are available, and will they be (L) or unlimited?

A. Oleg, I just peeked in at our first batch of Rewards and they are all (L), which is not to say that some of the future Rewards, and they will change frequently, may not be unlimited.

Q. Do you have an ETA for the tool?
    so that i can prepare for it and spam everything i know untill they create an account

A. Now now Stagger. As you will soon read in our Best Practices on recruiting section in the Embassy, spamming is not an activity becoming an Emissary. If an Emissary attempts this, there are multiple safeguards in place, and expulsion is even possible. Why? Because we want to put the best face forward for Entropia Universe. This aint Farmville. You don't hope to get a player to click "Accept" or "Like" using the Embassy. You use it to begin a dialogue where you discover a friend you maybe did not even know was a gamer to check out the game, and if they like it, you guide them to download, to install, to play, you meet them in game, you mentor them... and it's only going to work with people who like to play games in the first place. We're not into creating spam. We're into giving players the right tools to help them recruit new colonists to grow the game, and rewarding them when appropriate. Every Emissary has a chance to make the game shine or potentially hurt the game's image. It's a bold step, and I'm being completely honest when I tell you I need all Emissaries to be cooperating and utilizing best practices to reveal EU in the best possible light to make this program work! I hope many of you are up to it and will at least give it a try.

Young

Sounds like to get any of the rewards, you're going to have be a Mentor!

From the way you're talking, it sounds like the Emmissary program is going to be heavily tied to the Mentoring Program. If your going to limit your emmissary rewards to just Mentors, then this will FAIL! Not everyone has 1,000 ped to run thru the Mentor Program just so they can become a Emmissary : )
    Hoggle

look better and better
    cant wait

Thanks T79x and fear not Hoggle, this program is not tied to the mentor program in any way and no PED is required. All you need is a FB account and your love of the game.

Young
    Question:

Sage is your current in-game avatar name a secret? If it is do you plan
    to make a official Socialtype|Sage avatar and make appearances?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast